Full Client Will Be Available For Download From Official Website?

• Full Client Will Be Available For Download From Official Website?

@Talion
    Since 28th July official website no longer have full client (Windows PC) for download.
    Considering Albion Online is global game that people from different country playing Albion always having difficult time to updating client from game launcher. (Most of my friends having this annoying issues)
    ;(
    Can you please upload the new Albion Online full client to the website instead of 24.3MB game launcher?
    Or maybe having separate section updated patcher for download so people can manually patch the game client?
    Thank you.
    I apologize for not being word-perfect in English.
  • My work firewall has issues with the launcher causing me to be unable to play. Having the full client to download helped me in the past get around this, though I had to redownload every patch.
    Kinda sad I cant play at work now and have spent the last days between my work trying to trouble shoot the launcher to no avail.
  • MadDave wrote:

We can do that if it helps.

I would still like to know what the issue with the auto-update process is - is it because your company "cracks" SSL connections?

David
    @MadDave
    Cracks SSL connections?
    I believe its network or Anti-Virus software related problem,or maybe most of them C drive don't have enough space for patch to unzip.
    But still, will be very helpful if you could put up full client or patch to the official website for download.
  • My biggest issue is that I have gotten 1/4 - 3/4 of the way downloading the (first) 1gig client update several times before it has failed from slow or lost connection.
    I am assuming most of that issue is on my end, but it still prevents me from playing.
    If I could download the file directly and was able to resume the download after lost connections that would fix the problem for me.
    If the client could update in smaller chunk, that would fix the problem for me.

As it is, I have paid $100 for a game I can not play.

I was able to download the android apk on the first day, but have been unable to update since the first patch.
  • NarfiWillem wrote:

My biggest issue is that I have gotten 1/4 - 3/4 of the way downloading the (first) 1gig client update several times before it has failed from slow or lost connection.
    I am assuming most of that issue is on my end, but it still prevents me from playing.
    If I could download the file directly and was able to resume the download after lost connections that would fix the problem for me.

I was able to download the android apk on the first day, but have been unable to update since the first patch.
    Sounds like the bigger issue at play here is that there needs to be a way to Pause the download and resume it at a later time, or to Resume the download from where it left off in the case of a disconnection or shotty internet connection. That may be an easier solution for people than re-downloading the entire client from scratch. Honestly, I can't see how re-downloading the ENTIRE client from scratch will help people who are having firewall / network / internet problems. Isn't downloading the full game much longer and more difficult than downloading a few megabyte patch?

If the problem is with patching the existing files, then look into why you are unable to update or patch your files (a "Run as Administrator" problem maybe?, I know some application that run updates as background processes that some windows protections or anti-virus programs see as 'malware' software because it is running an exe as a background process). I'd personally rather go towards solving the Patching issue rather than trying to put a band-aid on it by re-downloading the whole client.
  • I have tried 'as administrator' with no difference.

I have 2 issues currently.

1. I can not complete the initial install/patch for the PC client. (it is currently at version 0.0.0.0 and needs to update)

2. I can not update my android installations. (I had it working on my Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Tab A, and Bluestacks the first day, but none are able to update since the first patch.

You are correct though, pausing/resuming downloads would be the best solution, esp for the larger files.
  • For me, my issue is that when I use the launcher it gives me an error that says something along the lines of "Cant verify identity of the update site" and to download the launcher again. Tried running the launcher in admin and a few other things as well as downloading it multiple times to no avail. I assume this issue is due to firewall and I am working at a fairly large company so its not as easy as saying "Hey IT can you open these ports so I can play a game?". Those type of questions don't look good on me for asking an already overworked IT group something that isn't work related.
  • UnholyKiller wrote:

NarfiWillem wrote:

My biggest issue is that I have gotten 1/4 - 3/4 of the way downloading the (first) 1gig client update several times before it has failed from slow or lost connection.

Sounds like the bigger issue at play here is that there needs to be a way to Pause the download and resume it at a later time, or to Resume the download from where it left off in the case of a disconnection or shotty internet connection. That may be an easier solution for people than re-downloading the entire client from scratch. Honestly, I can't see how re-downloading the ENTIRE client from scratch will help people who are having firewall / network / internet problems. Isn't downloading the full game much longer and more difficult than downloading a few megabyte patch?
    If the problem is with patching the existing files, then look into why you are unable to update or patch your files (a "Run as Administrator" problem maybe?, I know some application that run updates as background processes that some windows protections or anti-virus programs see as 'malware' software because it is running an exe as a background process). I'd personally rather go towards solving the Patching issue rather than trying to put a band-aid on it by re-downloading the whole client.

Yep "Resume the download from where it left off" will be nice solution.