Reputation System Adjustments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rockefeller wrote:

can we get an ETA on this update? its crazy that my friend and I cant play because he cant go into ANY towns....he is just infamous and cant hardly play the game at all...
    Hi @Rockefeller,

the adjustments will be made next week. We do not want to risk to hotfix this prior to testing the new version on the testserver first, as during the last hotfix, we encountered issues with some clients (Mac, Linux) not working.

As a litte consolation, maybe your friend and you could create an Alt-Character for the time being. If you still have founder's gold left on your account, you should have no problem to turn the Alt to premium straight away. If not, then given the current low silver/gold rate, it should not take long to get your alt to premium.

I know it's not the ideal solution. However, if you plan on your main character being a criminal for the long term, having a non-criminal alt might be a good strategy in any event.

All the best,
    Korn
  • Korn wrote:

Rockefeller wrote:

can we get an ETA on this update? its crazy that my friend and I cant play because he cant go into ANY towns....he is just infamous and cant hardly play the game at all...
    Hi @Rockefeller,
    the adjustments will be made next week. We do not want to risk to hotfix this prior to testing the new version on the testserver first, as during the last hotfix, we encountered issues with some clients (Mac, Linux) not working.

As a litte consolation, maybe your friend and you could create an Alt-Character for the time being. If you still have founder's gold left on your account, you should have no problem to turn the Alt to premium straight away. If not, then given the current low silver/gold rate, it should not take long to get your alt to premium.

I know it's not the ideal solution. However, if you plan on your main character being a criminal for the long term, having a non-criminal alt might be a good strategy in any event.

All the best,
    Korn
    amazing solution what bellend thought this was a good idea or was it a group decision lol... just reset rep not our fault its bugged so why should it stop us from playing?
  • IamDigital wrote:

Evolve wrote:

I'm in the same case, stuck in black zone... cant get my stuff in my city chest
    What did you think was going to happen with a negative reputation?
    The issue is even with taking a rep hit we where supposed to be able to go into city's in the pvp zones, except its bugged and we can not even do that. So you drop 2 people and you are banned from every city in Albion despite it not supposed to be like that.
  • Svane Vulfbad wrote:

IamDigital wrote:

Evolve wrote:

The issue is even with taking a rep hit we where supposed to be able to go into city's in the pvp zones, except its bugged and we can not even do that. So you drop 2 people and you are banned from every city in Albion despite it not supposed to be like that.
    Exactly, but imo we shouldnt be blocked from going to any cities. Reputation shouldn't prevent people from going in any cities..
  • Evolve wrote:

Svane Vulfbad wrote:

IamDigital wrote:

Evolve wrote:

Exactly, but imo we shouldnt be blocked from going to any cities. Reputation shouldn't prevent people from going in any cities..
    If they take away all the ramifications for negative rep, what's the point of the system? I like how rep is supposed to work, but it needs the bugs and flaws worked out.
  • I liked a post another person made on a similar thread. People keep mistaking ganking and griefing for pvp. Flagging and killing people only when you have an advantage is not the point of the game. If you want to pvp go to the entire continent dedicated to pvp, if you only want to gank then suffer the penalties. You can't have the best of both worlds, high rewards requires high risk.
  • this is one of the most absurd way of handling an issue that I have ever heard in my life, you are asking us to spend more money and time to play a broken game, REALLY!? PVP is the center of this game the only thing that could not and should not be broken is the pvp system and not only you manage to put in place a failed system but also you are taking almost a entire week to fix the issue, you could have easily reset everyone reputation yesterday during the sever outage or even applied a HF, half of my guild are banned from cities and if takes until next week to paly again GUESS WHAT we wont come back, we all paid Legendary pack to have a head start and now we will be days behind... again I am complaining that my farm is not giving me enough fame or my weapon has a shitty design we are complaining about the most important thing in this game PVP, for crying out loud apply a simple HF where we can unflag that`s all we need, we will grind our reputation back to neutral we have no problem killing 2000 mobs for it... I guess I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone that I know.....
  • Kosmus wrote:

this is one of the most absurd way of handling an issue that I have ever heard in my life, you are asking us to spend more money and time to play a broken game, REALLY!? PVP is the center of this game the only thing that could not and should not be broken is the pvp system and not only you manage to put in place a failed system but also you are taking almost a entire week to fix the issue, you could have easily reset everyone reputation yesterday during the sever outage or even applied a HF, half of my guild are banned from cities and if takes until next week to paly again GUESS WHAT we wont come back, we all paid Legendary pack to have a head start and now we will be days behind... again I am complaining that my farm is not giving me enough fame or my weapon has a shitty design we are complaining about the most important thing in this game PVP, for crying out loud apply a simple HF where we can unflag that`s all we need, we will grind our reputation back to neutral we have no problem killing 2000 mobs for it... I guess I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone that I know.....
    To be fair, this is still a beta and the first test of a new system. Bugs happen and I bet they'll try their best to fix it quickly. They just don't want to risk a fast hotfix that may break the whole build again for Mac and Linux users (Which couldn't play at all). Patience, everything you do now will be wiped anyway :)
  • Vlyn wrote:

Kosmus wrote:

this is one of the most absurd way of handling an issue that I have ever heard in my life, you are asking us to spend more money and time to play a broken game, REALLY!? PVP is the center of this game the only thing that could not and should not be broken is the pvp system and not only you manage to put in place a failed system but also you are taking almost a entire week to fix the issue, you could have easily reset everyone reputation yesterday during the sever outage or even applied a HF, half of my guild are banned from cities and if takes until next week to paly again GUESS WHAT we wont come back, we all paid Legendary pack to have a head start and now we will be days behind... again I am complaining that my farm is not giving me enough fame or my weapon has a shitty design we are complaining about the most important thing in this game PVP, for crying out loud apply a simple HF where we can unflag that`s all we need, we will grind our reputation back to neutral we have no problem killing 2000 mobs for it... I guess I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone that I know.....
    To be fair, this is still a beta and the first test of a new system. Bugs happen and I bet they'll try their best to fix it quickly. They just don't want to risk a fast hotfix that may break the whole build again for Mac and Linux users (Which couldn't play at all). Patience, everything you do now will be wiped anyway :)
    I understand dude, but again we talking about the most important thing in the game, this should be flawless. it is like you have designed a beautiful car but the engine does not work... how great is that???
  • One thing I have to believe we can all agree on....there does not seem to be a definite set of parameters to this system as a whole. What @Korn said in relations to what @Bercilak said is the system and what was described elsewhere does not add up. So the true question is if you have a negative rep aside from logging out what are your options to increase your standing? I was under the impression that it was through resource gathering, PvEing, and questing. Is this no longer the case?

[T2D]
  • Far as Im concerned the only real issue is not being allowed into black zone cities. Far as yellow/red zones you get what you deserve. The system warns you when you flag up so all of you knew exactly what you were doing. If you want to PvP with only gains then go to the black zones. Thats what theyre for.

I have 0 sympathy for those who flagged to gank an ox or find a solo gathering and then bitch about the rep loss.
  • T2D_REX_the_X wrote:

One thing I have to believe we can all agree on....there does not seem to be a definite set of parameters to this system as a whole. What @Korn said in relations to what @Bercilak said is the system and what was described elsewhere does not add up. So the true question is if you have a negative rep aside from logging out what are your options to increase your standing? I was under the impression that it was through resource gathering, PvEing, and questing. Is this no longer the case?

[T2D]
    you can grid back your reputation by gathering, pvping ect.. but only when you are not flagged and the bug is once you have reached Infamous or lower reputation status you cannot unflag therefore you can kill 100k mobs or gather infinite amounts of resources that it wont count toward your reputation the only thing that it is working is the +50rep/day.. which will take me about two weeks to be able to unflag then farm back reputation... ridiculous.
  • Kosmus wrote:

Vlyn wrote:

Kosmus wrote:

I understand dude, but again we talking about the most important thing in the game, this should be flawless. it is like you have designed a beautiful car but the engine does not work... how great is that???
    Car still looks great; don't have a drivers licence, so really couldn't care less if it doesn't drive. More importantly, does the radio and AC work?