[Issue resolved] MAC & LINUX CLIENT WORKING AGAIN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just to be clear, if I had a PC and a Mac available, I can play on the PC today and then continue where I left off on a Mac once this issue is resolved? I know they said it's a cross platform, but I want to make sure I don't create my first character on a platform I won't be using much.
  • Happy to report that the OSX version is finally online and working. (Linux version is still in the pipeline but will be available eventually.)

We are very sorry for this problem. The root cause was that we were having trouble with one of our build servers, so the clients were delayed but we desperately wanted to publish an update and fix an important bug. We thought the OSX and Linux clients would only be delayed a little while... and then the build server died completely and we were unable to repair it for hours. We moved the build jobs to a new server now and everything seems to be working again.
  • Guys, please tell me you seriously aren't relying on on-premise infrastructure for this stuff. Why aren't you doing everything at AWS, with automation in place to rebuild and scale dev/test/continuous integration environments at the touch of a button in a matter of minutes (including code deployment, automated unit testing, and release to prod)? One server failure brings your ability to release your product to a standstill? Wow. I'm sorry, but it's hard to be sympathetic to that level of shortsightedness and lack of devops planning.
    [img='http://i64.tinypic.com/dftxye.png',left][/img]
  • Update

We have good news and bad news:
    • Bad news: is turns out it was not true when we said that we had given the last update for today and the Mac client would only be up tomorrow after downtime
    • Good news: our CTO refused to go to sleep, and as result of that, the Mac client is up and running now! Linux will follow shortly in a few hours time.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience caused, and enjoy the game!

We will do our absolute best to make sure that something like this does not happen again.
  • "Linux will follow shortly in a few hours of time".

I'm running ArchLinux.

Downloading the windows client and launching it with wine will be way faster than this. Good to know.

As a Java dev I really don't understand how you can push something to prod if part of your build fails. It makes no sense.

PS :Just the time to write this post and the Windows client is done downloading.
  • Korn wrote:

Update

• Bad news: is turns out it was not true when we said that we had given the last update for today and the Mac client would only be up tomorrow after downtime
    • Good news: our CTO refused to go to sleep, and as result of that, the Mac client is up and running now! Linux will follow shortly in a few hours time.

We will do our absolute best to make sure that something like this does not happen again.
    could you take a look into the android client i think only a handful are having this problem the textures would glitch and artefacts would appear then the client would crash , please help out the android community Galaxy tab s2 texture problem
  • So.. by staying up late and fixing the mac version, you effectively entitled yourself to not rollback while the linux users remain disconnected. I don't mind if there's no rollback, but I really think there should be at least a compensation for the issue for all accounts that were eligable to play but did not do so. The lost premium day, at minimum, needs to be given back - and hopefully they can hand out some LP as well.
  • Niggurat wrote:

Gorv wrote:

Niggurat wrote:

Gorv wrote:

Compensation for a downtime in beta state… I can't even say how dumb this is. :D You did not pay for the beta. The beta access is just a bonus. Btw I'm playing on Android and can't play too, but some people posting here just make me really sad. :(
    lolwhat? I didn't pay for beta? So tell me genius for what I pay then?
    The game, premium time after release and gold after release. Is this so hard to understand?Edit: and of course early access on release!
    Man buy the glasses, ok. I paid for the fucking Immediate Final Beta Access. How fucking hard this one to understand?
    :rolleyes: Yeah you paid for Beta access but currently it's not running because of problems. It must be hard time for you when servers were down for the current beta phase. You paid for the fuckin beta and weren't able to play. :(
    MMOG communities were so cool back in the beginning of the 2000s now they are full of people who can't do other things than blaming devs and insulting each other.
  • MadDave wrote:

Happy to report that the OSX version is finally online and working. (Linux version is still in the pipeline but will be available eventually.)

We are very sorry for this problem. The root cause was that we were having trouble with one of our build servers, so the clients were delayed but we desperately wanted to publish an update and fix an important bug. We thought the OSX and Linux clients would only be delayed a little while... and then the build server died completely and we were unable to repair it for hours. We moved the build jobs to a new server now and everything seems to be working again.
    Unity Cloud Build
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion
  • Korn wrote:

Update

Korn wrote:

Good news: our CTO refused to go to sleep, and as result of that, the Mac client is up and running now! Linux will follow shortly in a few hours time.

Wow, thanks to him !
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
    -F. Nietzsche
  • K9ine wrote:

im still waiting on proper fix for android so the optimazationg can work with tablets that exceeds the requirements, i did everything on my hardware side (tablet) i could to resolve issues such as graphic deforms, stuttering, lag , and "artefacts"
    I think android will always be the unloved child and you'll never get the same UX and stability as an app developed for mobile only. I think that's kind of sad because the mai nreason I got interested in AO in the first place was the possibility to play it on PC and tablets. Atleast AO on PC also doesn't feel like a real PC game, the UX is something between PC and mobile and doesn't feel right for me on any of this devices.
    Also it's really hard to be stable on every android device out there. There are so many factors that the developers can't control because it's ROM based (e.g. bad memory managment and so on).
  • Just to check, i installed Albion with PlayOnLinux, and it crashes right after the client asks for the confirmation key sent by email. Never managed to pass this step. Nevermind, i don't want to play via PlayOnLinux nor WINE, as Albion has a native Linux version. I'm sure the more we play/test, the less we will have trouble in the futur.

* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net