Buildings and auctions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buildings and auctions

I found a tread about this, but it's been dead for several months.

An auction every 10 (?) days lasting X (7?) days, with the owner having the right to bid alone the last 24 hours.

If this is only for the duration of the beta I have no problem with it.

Wouldn't it be more fair to the owner that he/she was required to pay a lease on the plot? As I understand it, if you don't look after your plot every X days, you will loose it. Ok, but what about me going on a holiday? A holiday can easily last 3 to 4 weeks and as a player without a guild I have no one to bid for me and will loose all my plots while away. As long as I have enough money to pay for a lease I think I should be allowed to keep the plots (at least as long as there are buildings on them). I could put the plot up for voluntary auction, but with a max price of 1 million silver and a high tier building on it everyone and their grandmother would raise their prices to 1 million silver, it's as good as giving it away. With a good gold price it would cost the player who bought it maybe as little as $10.