Am I the only one who is trying out every single weapon and possible build? (+scheme)

• Am I the only one who is trying out every single weapon and possible build? (+scheme)

Hey Guys!

Am I the only one who is trying out every single weapon and possible build? That is the question I ask myself frequently! :saint:
    How about you guys, are you also busy with trying out different combinations and different combo's? Here is my scheme!

This is my simple but good overview of all my builds! Of course this is not even half of what I got 8o I don't wanna show them all, because you guys need to figure out what you like the most yourselves!
    I got some different PvP, GvG and ZvZ tabs, with different builds and spell combinations!

Tell me your story, how do you manage your builds? Do you manage your build? Do you know what you want to do after wipe and release?

Cheers! Your companion Kutweer!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kutweer ().

• Mh I seem too know those builds you wrote down xD Now is the best time to get yourself used too the weapons and their playstyle/abilities. Yes things might always change, yet it will be very unlikely that a weaponline will get a complet overhaul.

I am a theorycrafter and I do test out all weapons. I think most actually do after they reached a certain weapon tier.

Subs
  • Been trying out Melee mostly, with the leather and plate armor options. unfortunately I, too, didn't want to burn out and only got to tier 4 and 5. But i think I got the general feel and principles, of what works well.

Beta2 will see me play with cloth and ranged weapons. Hopefully i can reach 6.x before worrying about burn out.
    Old Timers Guild
    Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama... All About the Fun.
  • Witless wrote:

Been trying out Melee mostly, with the leather and plate armor options. unfortunately I, too, didn't want to burn out and only got to tier 4 and 5. But i think I got the general feel and principles, of what works well.

Beta2 will see me play with cloth and ranged weapons. Hopefully i can reach 6.x before worrying about burn out.
    I can understand your point indeed! I am not even close to burn out :) I still see new things everyday! I am playing from the beginning of this Beta and I still love to play everyday!
  • Kutweer wrote:

Witless wrote:

Been trying out Melee mostly, with the leather and plate armor options. unfortunately I, too, didn't want to burn out and only got to tier 4 and 5. But i think I got the general feel and principles, of what works well.

I can understand your point indeed! I am not even close to burn out :) I still see new things everyday! I am playing from the beginning of this Beta and I still love to play everyday!
    Yeah, I love what I'm seeing as well.

Also, I may have misspoke. I'm not actually burnt out, I just don't want to get that way. Way back in Rift Alpha I played entirely to much, for to long and when release happened i was done.
    Old Timers Guild
    Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama... All About the Fun.
  • Witless wrote:

Kutweer wrote:

Witless wrote:

Yeah, I love what I'm seeing as well.
    Also, I may have misspoke. I'm not actually burnt out, I just don't want to get that way. Way back in Rift Alpha I played entirely to much, for to long and when release happened i was done.
    Yeah I understand :)
  • I've unlocked every weapon in this game and tried out alot of stuff just for fun. I gained 6mil+ pvp fame killing ppl while wearing low end gear and stupid comps i just wanted to test out. This beta has been a blast for me.

Here is some of the more unique'ish comps i tried out and liked during this beta test. I wont list the more common ones since everyone knows them.

7.2 Great nature
    Helmet: Gowl with poison
    Chest: Hunter jacket with haste.
    Boots: Scholar sandals with run
    Weapon. Great nature staff with Q hot, W poison and E shield

This weapon is fun to play, has moderate speed and suprisingly good damage. Its really strong 1v1 and a good healer in small scale mobile pvp situations

6.5 Pike
    Boots: Hunter shoes with fast sprint
    Weapon. Pike, spirit spear Q, cripple W and energy cost reduction on passive

Nice open world weapon with good group play utility. With right timing harpoon causes the target player die almost every time. My favorite was picking low hp ppl who tried to run and finish them of.

The bad side is that halberd is so hard for this weapon and the current game has become halberd online.

7.2 dagger pair
    Helmet: Assasin hood with meditation
    Chest: Hunter jacket with haste
    Weapon: W dash and Energy passive

Very mobile dagger class that can take out bow users in most situations. I chose the longer sprint to counter bow stun. It stays on even after the stun wears off so u can put out more stacks. Puts out heavy damage even at lower tiers.

7.2 Heavy mace
    Helmet: Assasin hood with mediation
    Weapon: W snare charge, Armor buff passive

All armor passives on cc-duration

Very fun small scale weapon. Can root and silence the shit out of people while your group destroys them. Very distruptive for classes that require self stacking or casting. Moderate on 1v1 but looses to high damage dealing melee weapons. Double root and double silence is fun. ^^

5.5 Warbow
    Chest Assasin jacket with ambush
    Boots Assasin shoes with dodge roll
    Weapon: Multishot, Frost shot and range passive

Was really fun comp at the start of the cador but after frost shot nerf it just lost too much mobility. Kind of slowish bow comp but can kite people literally forever and does really good in duels.

These are some of the comps that popped out of my mind while reading this thread. Hope you enjoy ^^
  • ugibugi wrote:

I've unlocked every weapon in this game and tried out alot of stuff just for fun. I gained 6mil+ pvp fame killing ppl while wearing low end gear and stupid comps i just wanted to test out. This beta has been a blast for me.

Here is some of the more unique'ish comps i tried out and liked during this beta test. I wont list the more common ones since everyone knows them.

7.2 Great nature
    Weapon. Great nature staff with Q hot, W poison and E shield

This weapon is fun to play, has moderate speed and suprisingly good damage. Its really strong 1v1 and a good healer in small scale mobile pvp situations

6.5 Pike
    Boots: Hunter shoes with fast sprint
    Weapon. Pike, spirit spear Q, cripple W and energy cost reduction on passive

Nice open world weapon with good group play utility. With right timing harpoon causes the target player die almost every time. My favorite was picking low hp ppl who tried to run and finish them of.

The bad side is that halberd is so hard for this weapon and the current game has become halberd online.

7.2 dagger pair
    Weapon: W dash and Energy passive

Very mobile dagger class that can take out bow users in most situations. I chose the longer sprint to counter bow stun. It stays on even after the stun wears off so u can put out more stacks. Puts out heavy damage even at lower tiers.

7.2 Heavy mace
    Helmet: Assasin hood with mediation
    Weapon: W snare charge, Armor buff passive

All armor passives on cc-duration

Very fun small scale weapon. Can root and silence the shit out of people while your group destroys them. Very distruptive for classes that require self stacking or casting. Moderate on 1v1 but looses to high damage dealing melee weapons. Double root and double silence is fun. ^^

5.5 Warbow
    Chest Assasin jacket with ambush
    Boots Assasin shoes with dodge roll
    Weapon: Multishot, Frost shot and range passive

Was really fun comp at the start of the cador but after frost shot nerf it just lost too much mobility. Kind of slowish bow comp but can kite people literally forever and does really good in duels.

These are some of the comps that popped out of my mind while reading this thread. Hope you enjoy ^^
    Wow amazing bro! Thanks for you very helpful and eye-opener post! Awesome post! :D

And the question is which build is your favourite?
    Cheers mate!
  • Kutweer wrote:

Witless wrote:

Cutest thing I've seen on the forums haha. Adorable! It's how I feel too ^^
    Sign up for the Grand Tournament! July 9 @2100, 5v5 Bo3 matches. Yellow zone. Rules on my forum post!
  • If you play the game long enough, you get a good feel for the meta and what builds run counter to it even without trying out everything. Top builds right now that are somewhat underplayed:

.1h Mace (wrecks Nature and Great Hammer, both of which you'll run into all the time)
    Flail (ideal for ZvZ and castle defenses)
    .1 Xbow with Speed Caster for small-scale pvp and .2 Xbow for ZvZ
  • hoxenos wrote:

Kutweer wrote:

Witless wrote:

Cutest thing I've seen on the forums haha. Adorable! It's how I feel too ^^
    <3