one hand AXE needs som love

• one hand AXE needs som love

So wipe coming next month I have decided spend all my silver and try many different weapons and playstyles. So far I realy like claymore, cursed staff and perhaps quaterstaff...

But the weapon which kinda really got my attention is AXE. The greatest weakness of this weapon is that from T.6 it is basicaly pure DPS weapon with no cc, stun, chase ability and so on. The weapon definively deserves some mechanic other than life-leech. What do you think ?

Claymore has cc, slow, interupt and damage
      Q-staff - stun and dmg
      Dagger - dmg and mobility
      Hammer - stun, slow, damage
      Pike/Habled - too OP, it has everything
      Warbow - also a bit OP IMO
      and so on....
      AXE - only dmg
    • Can be as you say guys. My point is that if you choose W skill (imunity and speed) u cannot choose Adrenaline boost (movespeed and damage). Also Frenzy (speed and cc imunity) lasts only 4 secs.

Also there is no point in taking heroic strike when there is no synergy with E skill. IF they add new E skill with some kind of synergy with heroic strike it could be very interesting then.

Still IMHO is pure dps. You have to take bleed with life-leech which leaves only one skill slot (W) for specializing.
    • It is a single target hit (dps), that applies a dot(dps) and a stacking healing debuff (cc). It is not pure damage, it actually is one of three weaponlines that can deminish healing recieved. It is tru that once you pick .1 axe you are forced with certain skills, that is if you want the biggest benefit out of it, yet the same applies for other weaponlines.

Overall axes are meant to dish out damage in this game. Any sort of hard cc will turn this weapon into a even stronger meele weapon. With the new movementspeed+cc immunity especially the .1 axe got buffed alot. You become quite unstoppable in a gvg, while beating on a healer. Since there won't be any cc that can stop you from doing so.

Of course thats just one scenario, but keep in mind it is one of the most important scenarios inside the game. Obvisouly the first question asked should be: What are we supposed to balance the game around?? (open world/gvg/pve/etc) Then followed by the question: What is the weaponline supposed to deliver?

Since I have no clue on what we are supposed to focus on, whilst trying to give feedback for balancing, answering your question becomes a weird task. Usually ending in people arguing on the above mentioned things.

Greetz Subs

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Substanz_D ()

• Substanz_D schrieb:

It is a single target hit (dps), that applies a dot(dps) and a stacking healing debuff (cc). It is not pure damage, it actually is one of three weaponlines that can deminish healing recieved. It is tru that once you pick .1 axe you are forced with certain skills, that is if you want the biggest benefit out of it, yet the same applies for other weaponlines.

Overall axes are meant to dish out damage in this game. Any sort of hard cc will turn this weapon into a even stronger meele weapon. With the new movementspeed+cc immunity especially the .1 axe got buffed alot. You become quite unstoppable in a gvg, while beating on a healer. Since there won't be any cc that can stop you from doing so.

Of course thats just one scenario, but keep in mind it is one of the most important scenarios inside the game. Obvisouly the first question asked should be: What are we supposed to balance the game around?? (open world/gvg/pve/etc) Then followed by the question: What is the weaponline supposed to deliver?

Since I have no clue on what we are supposed to focus on, whilst trying to give feedback for balancing, answering your question becomes a weird task. Usually ending in people arguing on the above mentioned things.

Greetz Subs
      actually a really good point you are making. What is the purpose of .1 AXE ?

In PVE you can definitively solo big time.

But in PVP - chasing/gvg/1v1 - I cannot find any other role for .1 AXE other than taking down a healer. Good point you made here.

Is axe just pure dps ? Or should it be DoT melee weapon (melee cursed staff) ? At this point I cannot figure it out. Thanks for discussion
    • vladicek schrieb:

actually a really good point you are making. What is the purpose of .1 AXE ?
      In PVE you can definitively solo big time.

But in PVP - chasing/gvg/1v1 - I cannot find any other role for .1 AXE other than taking down a healer. Good point you made here.

Is axe just pure dps ? Or should it be DoT melee weapon (melee cursed staff) ? At this point I cannot figure it out. Thanks for discussion

Curse staff is already melee range...

Axe is fine as it is not all weapons need to be able to do plenty of roles. They are even making more weapons instead of fixing the shitty ones so let the axe be before they nerf it
    • I imagine the 1h axe would be pretty good at assisting higher DPS builds bring a target down, and could be pretty self sufficient with the self heals. Not to mention it's great in duels! I saw a guy using Axe/Shield, Leather Helm with Meditation, Soldier's Armor with Bloodlust(or whatever the self heal spell is called), and I think Knight's Boots with Shield Charge, and he was beating the shit out of people, healing himself virtually non-stop while putting constant damage out with his bleeds and Q/E swings.

Ofcourse dueling isn't a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things but I bet 1h axe could be used for something in GvG. Maybe get the CC removal on the helm, the CC immunity on the axe's W, and haste on the chest, you'd be able to stick on virtually anyone and put some good pressure on them while keeping yourself up unless you happen to be focused, even then with a healer backing you, you should be able to withstand quite a bit of punishment. I think if the axe line's Q bleed got a buff to maybe -15% healing received per stack, it'd definitely be a solid choice.
    • If we think of the spells ontop of the weapon, we might be able to find a solution for the balancing issue (is the weapon up?).

Let's start with the q:

Rending strike, single target dot, deminishes healing recieved. Stacks up too 3 times. Synergy with the e from axe. Potentially more pressure on targets, despite lower damage then the other q. (in gvg's)

Heroic strike, single target small burst. More damage on paper, but with ehp and healing in mind, the pressure applied by it will be lower. No synergy with e.

The w:

Sunder strike, sunder armor/magic resist for a couple of seconds, strong single target burst.

Adrenaline rush, movementspeed and attackspeed increase for a couple of seconds.

Battle Frenzy, movementspeed increase and cc-immunity for a couple of seconds.

The e:

Vampiric strikes, single target burst, that leeches life back, depending on the amount of rending strikes in the enemy.

What are the first things we can see, that the developers might have in mind for this weapon. The .1 line is single target only. It does have a synergy between the q- and e-slot. It is the only weapon line that leeches life with an ability. Additionaly it can increase its movementspeed (along other things) and apply a dot/cc. What does this knowledge boil down too?

For PvE:

-Single target weapon
      -Life leech
      -Armor/magic resist shred

Solo clearing will be efficient and you might be able to skip the mandatory soup for soloing. In groups you can play the debuffer against harder mobs, but you lack aoe. Sadly there aren't that many healing mobs inside of the game.

---> weapon for solo players/small groups, selfsuficient, good weapon for beginners

For PvP:

-Single target
      -Healing recieved reduced
      -Movementspeed increase/cc immunity
      -Armor/magic resistance shred
      -Life leech

Not ment for large scale, very good at diving for a healer, unstoppable if cc immunity is used correctly, very good pressure on the target (dot/cc!)

---> weapon seems to be designed for small scale open world or gvg fights. The rending strike mechanic, combined with the life leech, grants a aggressive healer hunting/target focusing playstyle. With the cc immunity ontop, especially in gvg's you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Now that we have a rough overview of the weapon limitations, picking skills/offhands/ armor is whats left. I would always suggest focusing on the q-/e- synergy, since it is a very rare mechanic inside of the game. Of course this will leave you with less options, yet if you want the best setup available then one can only go for that much. By the way, what is the best xD?

Why did I write all of this? Simply to showcase that the weaponline delivers something that others don't. That they can, if used correctly, be quite impactfull, especially if you use it's strong points. Are these strong points enough? Does this healer hunting weapon need a buff towards it's purpose or no? Do you think the concept of the weapon should change drastically?

I only used t4 axes as of now, but as mentioned before, seeing .1 axe users in duels left me amazed by this weapon. They can easily sustain themselves, while still be able to beat healers/tanky classes or stronger dps classes. It might be that these weapons are fairly underused, so we didn't see the strength just yet.

So are they up? I think not. Underused and missunderstood? Yes.

Greetz Subs
    • I think the axe is actually the best one handed melee weapon in the game compared to the others. I feel a few of the one handed weapons need to be brought up to par with the current 2 hand weapons. For instance the Spear is very weak. Against players the damage is pitiful or essentially useless and in PvE it isnt much better. Plus the Energy costs set it back as well. More damage and lower cooldowns would help it to be fair.