1. Should or would want to? Most of the players run 1 spec for pve, 1 for pvp. The whole idea would be to force players to choose and to make crafting more important. Also, getting someones gear as loot would possibly give you a free chance to try out a dif build as well, or to just sell, scrap, whatever the gear. But still i think players should have change to test different kind of skill combinations in reasonable way, before they choose their specs. The whole gear system bases on, that you find your own build with testing. Not just base builds on guides, availability or random drops.@Nervontuxis I agree with your posts almost completely, but maybe shutting down the reforge would inflict lots of problems.
- There are lots of different kind of skill combinations just in one gear piece, so you should buy huge a mount of different kind of gear.
- Then comes storage problems.
- It would be money waste to just test different skills.
- It will be hard to find exact gear pieces you need from auction house.
- Also devs are going to add even more skills to gear's, so this complicates this situation even more.
2. Storage problems are already there and easily fixed by expanding chests with another gold sink
You are right its easy, but will it be a mess?
3. Not a waste, something you do or you don't do. Again, this would keep crafting and selling items far more interesting.
I agree it will make it interesting, but in good and bad way. People are now forced to buy dozens of different gear pieces just to test some skills and then try to sell those forward. And some (maybe most, i dont know) players will hate this. It will take time and effort to get your money back.
4. Thats an UI problem. The UI in AH is complete garbage currently and in many other parts as well. Shouldn't be an issue to update the UI which should be expected even or without the removal of the feature. I totally agree, but this is not what i ment. Because there will be so much different kind of combinations, there wont be all kind of gear pieces in sell. So will be lots of situations when players are not getting gears they want or need. You can make buy order, but that is not guaranteed success or it might take too much time.
5. Read above
I feel that removing the reforge is as important as removing reroll. Both hurt the fundamental idea of having crafters being unique and the pillarstone of the community. These need to be removed to make a higher variety in gear, builds, crafters uniqueness and so on.
I agree that removing reforge would make crafters job more important, but i see that removing reforge is more problematic than reroll. It harms building testing which is a bad thing. Maybe there could be a training ground or something like that where players can test different kind of skills. I dont know if this harms again something else and it was just more like throw than suggestion. Maybe we should not go more further with reforge discussion so this thread stays with the topic. Maybe someone starts a whole new one. ;-)
The post was edited 1 time, last by Thomas9 ().