Bard build, let us have some music.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I was not so into this harps healing either and that energy replenish makes more sense and it will be usefull in larger scale figths. 5 sec for channeling sounds quite good, but how much this should give energy back? This also effects to cooldown, which should be long if the replenish is high. The energy replenish should be balanced very accurate way, so players cant just spam all energy.

Hunting horn should give quite moderate speed buff just for few seconds or light speed buff for little bit under 10 secs, cause this could easily come too powerfull in some situations. Also CD should be 1min. or more. Still have to think percentages and times. Maybe some precise comparing with current speed buffs needs to be done first.
    • These abilities we are discussing would need much thinking over and likely much tweaking if implemented. I do hope that doesn't scare the devs off. :P I think we should first look at which weapons could work with the skill and which would benefit the most. I haven't tried all the weapons so I don't know for sure, but I would say many tanking weapons, healing, fire and ice are most prone to running out of energy, it would also help builds with meditate. arcane I know has energy to spare. do you know of any others that do?(or that could switch offhand to a tome and use it) I was thinking of it as a skill that doesn't create much energy having most of it being redistributed from the performer. cooldowns scaled with effectiveness definitely make sense. refreshing sprint could be used as a guideline.

I like the second option (war horn could be more like a charge while hunting is about endurance) and 1m sounds good for hunting horn. should it be .5 sec cast or is instant fine? currently the closest thing to a movement speed buff on helmets would be meditate so it would be hard to compare. maybe look at the slow? howl is instant 30% slow 10m aoe cone 30 sec cool down. just a rough guesstimate for a speed increase could be 20%(non-stacking) increase for 8 sec (reasoning enough to gain on someone moving at the same speed but not very useful in and of itself.)
    • I have not tested all weapons, but i have tested lately .1 and .2 maces, .1 spear, .1 firestaff and .3 glacierstaff. I had no energy problems with maces and i was actually quite fine with firestaff too. Spear and glacier staff are quite easy to oom if you get little bit too excited. ;) still thinking that energy regain.. Maybe it should be quite low with moderate cd so it cannot be spammed. Now the versio 1.0 "new harp" suggestion which is not balanced yet. :)
      • Cloth chest?
      • CD 45 secs
      • Energy replenish about 15% of max energy
      • AoE 15m
      • Channeling 5 sec. Tics 5x3% or 10x1,5%
      • Can move while channeling. If running feels too good, maybe walking 50% of normal pace?

Horns could be instant and i think hunting horn should give low speed buff for moderate time like you suggested. That way theres little a bit feeling of hunting.
      • Leather helmet
      • CD 1min.
      • AoE 15m
      • Speed buff 20% (non-stackable)
      • For 8 secs.
      This is also hard to say how it works in practise, when you can combine it with howl for example and ofc with other speed buffs right after hunting speed buff ends.

Battle horn / War horn should be like you said more like mass charge. Moderate speed buff for just few seconds and it is in plate helmet.

So lets hear next the rework suggestions.. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Thomas9 ()

• okay, so it's not the tanking weapon but the plate chest that makes it run out of energy. I think .2 and .3 fire staves use more energy, more than that they can't use the tome.

there should be a max effected by the all the aoe buffs. 5 is standard as that's what the game is balanced around. if not the numbers would have to be even lower. the aoe radius wouldn't be an issue if it's capped and goes to closest five.

I think war horn should be unique to soldier helm and hunting horn unique to hunter helm

I would say 100% movement speed, but no speed buffs work for the duration of channel as the instruments picked are easy to move with. slightly reduced speed is an option, though I think you start to walk before 50% movement speed.

my first thought was

Verdandi schrieb:

the cost could be 150 and it gives 3(4 including the bonus from cleric) energy per tic limited to 5 including the performer.
      [(4energy*5sec*2tic)*5people]-150cost=50energy created

most of the skill just redistributing energy costing the performer 110 energy to give four party members 40 energy each so it's not beneficial to use it if you need energy (the cost and energy gain should scale)
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Some people have interests for bard build as new support role, so lets collect here some thoughts about this matter. We know there was harp at the begining, i havent seen that personally, but some people seems to miss that. Ofc some of them missed it little bit sarcastic way. ;) I have some ideas, but lets hear yours first.
      • We need different kind of weapons, what are those?
      • What kind of support or distract abilities those weapons have?

EDIT: @Aydos you can now dig your ideas from the past and bring them back. ;)
      I am not sure how I missed this post.

I came here to look and see if anyone had any good bard ideas or any talk of the old instruments and stumbled across this post.

I will work on updating my post today :)

Thanks for the mention.
    • Aydos schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

Some people have interests for bard build as new support role, so lets collect here some thoughts about this matter. We know there was harp at the begining, i havent seen that personally, but some people seems to miss that. Ofc some of them missed it little bit sarcastic way. ;) I have some ideas, but lets hear yours first.

I am not sure how I missed this post.
      I came here to look and see if anyone had any good bard ideas or any talk of the old instruments and stumbled across this post.

Thanks for the mention.
      Still waiting your post. ;)
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Aydos schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

I am not sure how I missed this post.I came here to look and see if anyone had any good bard ideas or any talk of the old instruments and stumbled across this post.

Thanks for the mention.
      Sorry been down with Bronchitis for the past couple of days.

I will see what I can get done tomorrow :)
    • Aydos schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

Aydos schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

I am not sure how I missed this post.I came here to look and see if anyone had any good bard ideas or any talk of the old instruments and stumbled across this post.

Thanks for the mention.
      Sorry been down with Bronchitis for the past couple of days.
      I will see what I can get done tomorrow :)
      And Revised :)

Bard's Lute (Revised)
    • I don't care what kind of buff they do or how strong they are atm. its nothing new. but I care about if they are really musicians or not.

I DO NOT accept any Bard which doesn't really play music.

You know in some MMO, players can even play their original melody with a score written in Music Macro Language.
      let us have some music.

Tyrannosaurus-rex / Rest in Pieces
      Chill out, Dickwad
    • Tojuji schrieb:

I don't care what kind of buff they do or how strong they are atm. its nothing new. but I care about if they are really musicians or not.

I DO NOT accept any Bard which doesn't really play music.

You know in some MMO, players can even play their original melody with a score written in Music Macro Language.
      let us have some music.

I would love that, even if it has no benefit in combat and is only an actual instrument. though in that case I would still want another support item such as "this" :3
    • I would suggest having a seperate BARD tree. Having 4 different items would suit the final beta version of the destiny board. Maybe start with a harp and use it until T3/4 and then have these choices;

- Lute: Defensive Buffs/Debuffs
      - Flute: Create Tamer/Summoner
      - Drums: Offensive Buffs

Q: Could be a dmg or shield ability for all of them.

Lute: (Use a sword for auto-attackes when not playing a song)
      -W: İncrease the HP of Allies or remove cc's or add/lower cc durations as an aura buff
      -E: Stun enemies around you while you cast (Like Mosh Pit from HotS) or an Area Shield like Winston's shield from Overwatch.

Flute: (Use a spell attack that originates from your song, if not attacking an orb would be spinning around you until you attack)
      -W: Tame a Creature upto the same Tier of your weapon. The more powerful weapon you have the more stats the creature gains. When you tame a creature this spell turns into a dot attack for your creature.
      -E: Rage your pet and yourself greatly increasing attack speed, movement speed and granting CD reduction. (Beast Master Talent from WoW)

Drums: (Hit melee enemies with a drum stick and/or throw your drum sticks at the enemy)
      -W: Stun your enemy with a melee attack or slow your enemy with a ranged attack or an attack speed aura
      -E: Increase movement and attack speed for all your allies.

Also aura's might be active permanently but to keep them active you need to keep playing a song, letting your enemies know you are in close proximity.

There is alot of room for improvement ofc. Please do state your ideas. Still need alot of spells to have more diversity. Normally the main mentality I have when playing a bard is that "they are proficient in everything but master of none". However, I think this goes against the Albion Skill set so this was the solution I came up with.

Now with that being said, imagine you are a 20 man party making your way through a black zone road and suddenly you hear the raging sound of the drums from both sides of the road and as you get the goosebumps enemies start charging in on you with incredible speed. But your Lute players charge against them and stuns them starting an epic battle.

Hope people enjoy this idea :)