The Elephant in the Room (Halberd)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I agree that it needs to be looked at for a possible rework. It's able to help someone roam and kite as effective as a bowman, but still able to compete in CQC; the damage seems a bit high as well when compared with other 2H melee weapon choices (claymore/scythe).

I don't believe this weapon should be nerfed and made unusable, but I wouldn't mind seeing some tweaks that help it fit into the melee role a bit better (damage and mobility-wise).

Do others also feel like this weapon gets more popularity with each passing day?
      mr_brope
    • purge halbard self stack once everyone does that apparently no one will use it... Ie debuff them so everyone will either wear halbard or debuff or both lol

like I posted in my weapon thread nothing in this game is balanced nothing has a proper trade off so there will be cookie cutter builds everyone must use to compete.. this game has a balancing team that cannot do simple math on armor balancing.. why would weapons be any better balanced.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Paying2win ()

• Paying2win schrieb:

purge halbard self stack once everyone does that apparently no one will use it... Ie debuff them so everyone will either wear halbard or debuff or both lol

like I posted in my weapon thread nothing in this game is balanced nothing has a proper trade off so there will be cookie cutter builds everyone must use to compete.. this game has a balancing team that cannot do simple math on armor balancing.. why would weapons be any better balanced.
      that can only be done after the starting pre buff since the halberd out ranges the purge abilities goodluck.

on a side note make purge a helm spell screen wide....rip halberd lol

no on a more serious note it does need fixed since like bow was it is the not balanced properly.

i figured out how they are balancing though.,,,,

HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

Everyone is lvling the halberd now, and everyone is saying that it is OP and needs to be nerfed
      • Ranged weapon
      • High DPS
      • cc root / slow
      • High mobility
      why would someone choose another melee weapon ?
      Theres no suggestions how it should nerfed.. yet. Why? Cause everybody leveling it? ;)
      Easy, just remove the range, dunno why the halberd is ranged lmao

devs logic: Halberd firing green arrows

The halberd is like an automatic musket with a big knife add on

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Vagabond ()

• Vagabond schrieb:

Everyone is lvling the halberd now, and everyone is saying that it is OP and needs to be nerfed
      • Ranged weapon
      • High DPS
      • cc root / slow
      • High mobility
      I totally agree on this list of strenghts, also look at the leaderboards, everybody seems to run halberds/warbows. Either a weapon should give high mobility +root/slows or it gives high short ranged dps, but not both...

The warbow has good mobility, ranged dps and an ability with a stun. However the burst and auto attack damage isn't as huge, so there is a small trade-off.

Yes there is also somebody with daggers on the top 10 of the leaderboards. But daggers have a few things working against them:
      • Daggers are melee, which is always less nice from a survivability standpoint then a weapon that has a range.
      • Daggers are possibly the highest dps in the game, however they are 100% single target dps, so no area of effect damage.

• Daggers don't have the strong cc abilities (except if you call the "infiltration" sleep ability a real cc ability, but most players would prefer dash)
      • The mobility with daggers is a bit less then with halberds but still ok because of dash.

All weapons seem to have strenghts and weaknesses. For instance daggers suck at larger fights against large zergs (melee, no op cc and no aoe). But halberds are doing quite well because of their cc abilities+ high mobility and they even have an aoe attack.

With the halberd, you can root your opponent and kill him quickly with a ton of burst damage and when more enemies come in you have the highest mobility in the game so you just run away. Where is the weakness? Is there any weakness? Ofcourse you can still die, but mobility and cc are really the best survivability there is if you have low hp.

Some ways of nerfing it:
      • Ranged means less dps.
      • Great cc, and high mobility should also mean less dps to compensate for the increase in survivability
      • The same dps or more dps should mean less cc and less mobility
      • Keeping the halberd largely the same should come with trade offs. For instance, you root your opponents in place but your damage will be decreased by 40% for 5 seconds. You deal high burst damage with the third weapon ability, but the same ability gives you a 30% slowdown for 5 seconds.
      So if the halberd is supposed to be quite allround that could actually be ok, if only it wouldn't be as strong in all departments at the same time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bajoli ()

• Vagabond schrieb:

• Ranged weapon
      • High DPS
      • cc root / slow
      • High mobility
      Sums it up perfectly. Range on Spirit Spear should be reduced and the movement speed increase needs to be removed or reworked, so it's no longer spammable on self.

I look forward to better days where I don't need to rock Flee on my healer. There's no getting away from Halberds.
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

• Ranged weapon
      • High DPS
      • cc root / slow
      • High mobility
      Theres no suggestions how it should nerfed.. yet. Why? Cause everybody leveling it? ;)
      that is easy.

A) movement needs to be toned down to be equal to that of the dagger line/bow line (currently about the same if they nerf the speed shot on bow since they made frost shot = dash on dagger line)
      B) Make range = curse staff range at max stacks

Now you have a melee weapon with descent sustained dmg "balanced" mobility and utility.

Across the entire game there needs to be small tweaks once you get the weapons to this level of

1) does weapon have utility
      --If yes Minimal amount less of dmg
      --If no minimal amount extra of dmg

2)Is weapon full support weapon
      --If yes add extra casting distance to allow support to backline
      --If no keep the same

3) Is armor heavy
      --If yes focus skills around toughness
      --If no proceed to next check

4) Is armor Light
      --If yes focus skills around extra damage or healing

5) Is armor Medium
      --If yes focus skills around both minimal toughness and extra dmg or healing

The fact that Medium is "mobility" when light.....means it weighs less and should be more mobile.....makes sense.....................................................not

Regardless All armor types should have the choice like we used to have:
      Prior we could give up a helm slot nice utility to opt to take a defense breaking mobility buff.

You should have this option across all armor types as well (the medium armor passives are enough "extra mobility" to slowly catch or escape without totally breaking the balance of the game with medium gets a whole extra sprint.

6) Is your weapon magic specific without utility (.i.e. frost staff slows)
      --If yes Higher dmg slower casting
      --If no proceed on to next check

7) Is your weapon magic with utility
      --If yes slightly high dmg (slows give that extra amount that balances)

8) Is your weapon true melee (i.e. point blank) with no utility
      --If yes highest average damage on weapon across game (melee should do more they have to cover ground taking dmg to reach the ranged)

9)Is your weapon true melee with utility
      --If yes decently high damage but not maxed compared to non utility

10) Is your weapon ranged with utility (i.e. warbow)
      --If yes medium damage lower than melee lower than magic users with high mobility or cc

11) Is your weapon ranged without utility (i.e. longbow--depends if it is given frostshot or not)
      --If yes a little more than medium damage because
      --If no etc....
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • My suggestion:

Change Q to a skill-shot with same range and 2s CD, make it stack on hit.
      Change animation to a thrust.

Change the speed buff to consume the stacks, and the amount of stacks consumed affects the speed.

This way you need to choose when and on what skill to consume the stacks on.