Pike E spell too weak

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I think it does. Harpon is one of the hardest skillshoots to land. It can be easly doged. Skills like blink, smokebomb, clense or cleansing potion counter it. Also if you pull a enemy tank you can wipe your own team. The dmg of a fullcharged hit is basicly nonexistent and additonaly the root is pretty short.

In my opinion this makes it to one of the worst and most situational E skills of the game.
    • Verdandi schrieb:

If it's buffed those who can use it well now would be op. since the skill doesn't fit you I would suggest pursuing the idea for an additional skill option you liked or find a different weapon you like as is.
      I disagree. Currently for what the harpoon offers for the high energy cost and long cooldown is incredibly under whelming. 5.5 and upwards is hell. 3 stacks of Q then harpoon clears the energy bar. The harpoon is a slow moving projectile so it is easy to avoid and difficult to hit and with such a high cost it really isn't all that good.
    • coffeelord schrieb:

harpoon offers a masive tactical advantage to any group fight buffing it would only serve to make it another broken spear tree skill if you are good with pike its not underpowered i would suggest you try another weapon tree
      Only if both groups wating for each other to make a move.
      If you just get charged by anther group the pike will be a disadvantage.
      and as i mentioned before there are many ways to counter the harpoon.
    • macor schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

harpoon offers a masive tactical advantage to any group fight buffing it would only serve to make it another broken spear tree skill if you are good with pike its not underpowered i would suggest you try another weapon tree
      Only if both groups wating for each other to make a move.If you just get charged by anther group the pike will be a disadvantage.
      and as i mentioned before there are many ways to counter the harpoon.
      you lack imagination in comabt that explains why you feel the strongest weapon tree needs more buffs
      PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE SALT
    • coffeelord schrieb:

macor schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

Only if both groups wating for each other to make a move.If you just get charged by anther group the pike will be a disadvantage.and as i mentioned before there are many ways to counter the harpoon.
      you lack imagination in comabt that explains why you feel the strongest weapon tree needs more buffs
      No one is buffing the whole tree. Its all about Pikes harpoon skill and how it can only be used in very specific siruations. Other time it is useless. ;)
      I am just the guy who gives you a ride to the underworld.
      How to start build my character?
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

macor schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

Only if both groups wating for each other to make a move.If you just get charged by anther group the pike will be a disadvantage.and as i mentioned before there are many ways to counter the harpoon.
      No one is buffing the whole tree. Its all about Pikes harpoon skill and how it can only be used in very specific siruations. Other time it is useless. ;)
      everything else is strong so you want them to buff e and nerf the rest?
      PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE SALT
    • coffeelord schrieb:

Thomas9 schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

macor schrieb:

coffeelord schrieb:

If thats necessary in order to maintain gamebalance the answer is yes.
    • Strahd schrieb:

I think people forget that balancing and item has to sacrifice something to gain another feature. You are wanting the same high dps as a melee dps only weapon, but with an amazing cc skill.

Got to give up some dmg to get the cc ability
      Thats not entirely true. Especially when an item is underpowered. The Pike and Spear are not the halberd. They don't provide the reliable damage and utility of the halberd.

The Pike harpoon comes in to its element in large group fights where it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Out with this situation? It is very underwhelming. It could really do with an energy buff such as an energy return when successfully hitting an enemy. I don't know if any off you has used a high tier Pike but it has severe energy problems without anywhere near thethe same damage output as the halberd.
    • Irregardless, my post was meant to be generic in nature, that if "balacing" a weapon involves giving it high dmg, high cc, high utility, and all the best perks, it will never balance with others.

Having access to a pull cc that prevents you from having to dive in and allows team to seal an easy kill or initiate better should come with a sacrifice and in this instance it's dps. That's like saying a healer should do comparable dmg as a fire wizard, but still heal well.
    • Lets go back to the OP by @macor . The idea of this thread aint to buff the whole weapon tree or even the pike (at most to give very light buff to pike only). Base idea is to make pike more usefull. Now the harpoon skill only works in minor situations which makes it kind of useless in many situations. Earlier we talk about to add another E skill for an option to current harpoon. That way pike could be used also in PvE and smaller scale PvP. And thats the main problem here. I also agree with that very high energy cost and it might be little bit less.

Halberd makes the the whole tree powerfull not pike or spear. Also i really hope they remake the weapon trees, cause some of them just does not make any sense. Spearline is one of those. More here: Current pike is flawed

coffeelord schrieb:

No, answer up there. No need to buff or buff just a little bit. Whole discussion is about to make pike more useable in different kind of situations.

Strahd schrieb:

I think people forget that balancing and item has to sacrifice something to gain another feature. You are wanting the same high dps as a melee dps only weapon, but with an amazing cc skill.

Got to give up some dmg to get the cc ability
      Harpoon skill and high DPS aint walking hand in hand. Read the OP to see the real damage. ;)

But hey, maybe all this is for nothing, so lets first wait the new patch and lets see what kind of changes are already implement. We can continue rant after that. :)
      I am just the guy who gives you a ride to the underworld.
      How to start build my character?