The instant-unlock system: some calculations

• The instant-unlock system: some calculations

Hey folks,

Here are some quick calculations on the new instant-unlock system that's been added to the staging server with Darian. A quick conclusion is that these changes are not impactful at all and you're still way, way, way, way better off playing than not playing the game to progress.

These are done under the assumption that a player generates 20LP per day, 1LP every 1.2 hours or 72 minutes.
      To get level a weapon from tier 3 to tier 4 requires either 40k fame, 8k fame + 8LP or 26(18+8)LP. To unlock the first 20% takes 8k fame or 18 LP. 1LP = 444.4 fame. This means Player A, who does not play the game, generates 444.44 fame every 72 minutes or 8.89k fame every day. Player B spends some time getting the first 8k fame and needs 8LP to skip the remaining 32k fame. 1LP = 4k fame. This means that Player B generates 4k fame every 72 minutes or 80k fame every day.

Let's have a look at some higher tier gear. To get a weapon from tier 7.3 to tier 8.3 requires either 5,189,852 fame, 1,037,970 fame + 136LP or 410LP. To unlock the first 20% takes 1,037,970 fame or 274LP. 1LP = 3,788.2 fame. Player A, who does not play the game, generates 3,788.2 fame every 72 minutes or 75,764 fame every day. Player B gets the first 1,037,970 fame and needs 136LP to skip the remaining 4,151,998 fame. 1LP = 30,528.5 fame. Player B generates 30,538 fame every 72 minutes or 610,570.8 fame every day.
      These numbers don't seem so shocking. They do only look at the first 20% though. To get the complete picture we'll have to compare Player A and Player B for the full 100% of the unlock. Player A doesn't play for weeks or months and only uses LP for his unlocks. Player B [/i]grinds the first 20% but skip the rest with LP.

To get a weapon from tier 3 to tier 4 Player A spends 26LP. 1LP = 1,538.5 fame. Player A generates 1,538.5 fame every 72 minutes or 30,769 every day. Player B's numbers are the same as written above and for him 1LP = 4k fame and he generates 80k fame every day. In addition he spends the time to get 8k fame.

That's already more interesting. 1.5k vs. 4k per LP. Finally to get a weapon from tier 7.3 to tier 8.3 Player A spends 410LP. 1LP = 12,657.5 fame. Player A generates 12,657.5 fame every 72 minutes or 253,150.3 fame every day. Player B's numbers are the same again so for him 1LP = 30,538 fame and he generates 610,570.8 fame every day. In addition he spends the time to get 1,037,970 fame.

We've only looked at weapons so far but LP costs for armor are significantly lower. This means our LP is worth more when used to unlock armor. For example Player A can level a chest armor from tier 7.3 to tier 8.3 for 136LP(91+45) which normally takes a total of 2,306,602 fame. For Player A 1LP = 16,960.3 fame. Player B grinds 461,320.4 fame and spends 45LP to skip the remaining 1,845,281.6 fame. 1LP = 41,006.3 fame.

This shows that in the higher tiers not playing vs. playing devalues your LP a lot less than at lower tiers. We already knew that spending LP at high tiers is a lot more cost-effective and Player A 's fame per LP is potentially lower depending on if he grinds out lower tiers manually or skips them as well. Let's conclude that this change is not that devastating to the dynamic of the game. You will still be far better of by playing a little bit than by not playing all. I'm currently doing some more calculations on the time taken to unlock a full set of gear to account for things like getting fame towards multiple gear pieces at once. I will post that later today or tomorrow and it will have a better layout and graphical representation than this one.

I hope I sparked your interest. Share your ideas about the calculations, the concept of LP and the concept of this new instant-unlock feature below!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Phifas ()

• You say "not playing" quite a bit.

Which to me translates into: "not endlessly grinding fame and instead doing actual end game content such as GvG's, open world pvp, crafting, gathering, etc etc."

Why does it have to be so binary that you are either in necros 24/7 or offline entirely? There is other content to participate in that does not reward fame toward your weapon or gear that you may want to participate in and bank your LP, why is that such an evil thing to people?
      I'll make you famous. :')

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Phoxly ()

• Both player start at the same amount of LP

Player A grinds 20% then unlocks.
      Player B only unlocks.

No matter how many points they generate per day, player A will always have the next tier earlier. This means his LP he generates are worth way more fame than the Player Bs LP, since he is still waiting for the previous unlock.
      So no matter what, the player who grinds the 20% will always be ahead of the player B, increasing over time, until player A hits the cap of unlocks, then Player B will catch up over time.

So at any point of time in the game, Player As passive Fame per day generation (via LP) is way higher than Player B.
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • Rosalia schrieb:

Both player start at the same amount of LP

Player A grinds 20% then unlocks.
      Player B only unlocks.

No matter how many points they generate per day, player A will always have the next tier earlier. This means his LP he generates are worth way more fame than the Player Bs LP, since he is still waiting for the previous unlock.
      So no matter what, the player who grinds the 20% will always be ahead of the player B, increasing over time, until player A hits the cap of unlocks, then Player B will catch up over time.

So at any point of time in the game, Player As passive Fame per day generation (via LP) is way higher than Player B.

I just tested this on the test server, here are the results:

1 Month of LP (600) = 5.3 Weapon, 5.3 Chest, 5.3 Boots, 5.3 Helmet
      2 Months of LP (1200) = 7.3 Weapon, 6.3 Chest, 6.3 Boots, 6.3 Helmet
      3 Months of LP (1800) = 8.3 Weapon, 7.3 Chest, 6.3 Boots, 6.3 Helmet

1800 LP if you spent that while farming the first 20% would give you:

6.6 Weapon - 496 LP
      6.6 Chest - 293 LP
      6.6 Feet - 139 LP
      6.6 Helmet - 139 LP

You'd still have 800 LP left over to learn another weapon or go to 8.6.
      I'll make you famous. :')

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Phoxly () aus folgendem Grund: crosspost from dupe thread

• Great feedback! Just my 2 cents: this change is more beneficial for 'hardcore' players who have alts than to casuals that don't like grind and want to catch up. Once they unlock destiny board nodes early they have to wait longer to accumulate learning points for next nodes than if they grinded the 20% and used LP without penalty. Imo once they unlock nodes early and see they have to wait longer or grind even more while others progress much faster they gonna be upset and complain again. This change sounds good in theory but it's actually an illusion of skipping the grind. I think it would be better to make the grind more casual-friendly by adding daily quests or improving the grinding/dungeoning experience.