New Video: Developer Talk 3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For those "Too Long; Didn't Watch' players
    All the information in text form:

• New biomes. They will now have 5 separate ones: Mountains, highlands, steppes, swamp, forest
    • Swamp is the first biome being worked on. It's almost finished. Swamp contains mainly fiber.
    • They are reworking new maps, not old ones.
    • They will make sure they update us more on this.
    • New spells may not be on the same weapons in Beta II as they will be in Darian
    • Morgana faction is the last one being worked on. This will include new abilities and the re-placement of Morgana monsters on the old maps. They want people moving more for better positioning during PVE and not just standing still while attacking.
    • New furniture in Morgana dungeons will drop from mobs. It sells for silver or is usable on your island.
    • Item studying feature aims to deal with economy issues [item flooding due to crafting] and to stabilize prices on the market.
    • LP rework aims to give players who have stacked up LP a way of spending them so players who don't play much can still use them at a larger cost. This is still being balanced.
    • Darian patch will happen first, giving players some time to test. When devs are happy with changes the Beta II will start in 'later summer'.
    • Supposedly the next video is the world building one.
    Side note: I'd love to reach 100 likes. If this post helped, please send a like my way :D Thanks
    Side note2: Many thanks for the likes. Life is complete! Now lets try for more likes than I have posted [currently 206]. Go at it :D

RUIN
    OCEANIC / SEA / LATE NA / EARLY EU Timezone
    Black Zone, Territories, PvP / GvG

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ult: Fixed Steppes biome Fixed Morgana map text Fixed New LP system still being balanced ().

• Ult wrote:

Morgana faction is the last one being worked on. This will include new abilities and new maps. They want people moving more for better positioning during PVE and not just standing still while attacking.

Sorry but there seems to be a misunderstanding. 100% of our level designers are working on the new world. This means there will be no new Morgana maps.
    What happened is that we changed the placement of the mobs on our old maps.

The rest of the statement is correct. 8)
  • Thanks for this video.

I've been following the study feature since it first came up and I support this idea.
    It is good for the players AND market stabilization!

The swamp design is very interesting too.
    I thought we would see more about this in this video. The others biomas are being designed as well or you guys doing one by one?
    Can't wait to see the next video.

Ult wrote:

• New biomes. They will now have 5 separate ones: Mountains, highlands, stap? [couldn't understand], swamp, forest

It is steppes
  • These talks have the be the most insincere way of keeping your community informed I've seen from any developer.

Do you really need your own built set, multiple tracking camera angles, lots of editing? you two just look awkward in front of the camera. What's wrong with having an honest talk with us? Do you really need to spend money on this? You guys really need to rethink your direction with informing your audience. Ultimately it makes you look amateur. Has anyone at SI raised any flags about this?

If you want a tip? Fire your production crew and hire a spokesperson for SI that can produce content on their computer with a webcam and actually engage us instead of looking like wooden puppets reading from notes.

You want an example? I just came from watching the IVSoftware’s new update video Prison Architect Update 6 + New Introversion Games Compare that to what you guys are doing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by npig ().

• To be honest I enjoy this videos AND their setting.
    Just post the video before the patch notes for the next update..

Getting informed with the patch notes and seeing the video afterwards is kind of disappointing because I already know so much about what you are saying in the vid.
    Hoping to here more often news, even if they are little :)

Question: You can now buy with learning points the whole fame without playing. Will this still be the case after release?
  • Fallex wrote:

To be honest I enjoy this videos AND their setting.
    Just post the video before the patch notes for the next update..

Getting informed with the patch notes and seeing the video afterwards is kind of disappointing because I already know so much about what you are saying in the vid.
    Hoping to here more often news, even if they are little :)

Question: You can now buy with learning points the whole fame without playing. Will this still be the case after release?
    Thx for the kind words.

Regarding your question: So right now you can unlock so much cause you maybe havent played a lot in the past month. We are also still balancing the numbers!

A quick recap of the system:
    • You accumulate Learning points no matter if you are online or not
    • You can unlock a complete node only with Learning Points and not playing at all
      • BUT for a significant higher price
    • Or you unlock the first 20% via playing and unlock the rest for a good price
    • Or you unlock all with just playing
    The beauty of that system is:

1. When you are playing actively you will progress faster than someone who is not playing
    2. When you have spent all your LP you can also still progress
    3. When you are not playing at all and just have your premium account going, you still generate LP
    4. When you dont want to grind fame you can still progress (maybe as a trader, running from city to city)

Hope that makes sense

Kr,
    Stefan
  • With regards to the LP system. In theory it makes sense but possible unintended consequences may result.

Putting forward this scenario.
    It takes 15 characters within a guild to start gathering t7(using t6 tools) materials within the first 2-3 hours of the game using this new LP system.

1 for each refining job (wood/cloth/ore/lumber/stone)
    1 for each tool (wood/cloth/ore/lumber/stone)
    1 person each gathering (wood/cloth/ore/lumber/stone)

With the support of 10-15 other members, the material collection for required buildings/silver collection can be made to ensure no downtime between new tools needed and building availability.
    Additional members can be assigned to the gathering to speed up collection.

A guild large enough to wield such numbers and convince (and appropriately compensate gold for an additional premium character) their members to follow such a rush strategy could be gathering resources for potentially days ahead of any other guild that doesn't follow the same strategy.

This skews day 1 server starts towards zerg's (75-100+ active guild lists day 1) even further then was present during this test.

More concerning Gold Sellers (a reality) whose sole purpose is to gain value to sell would use such strategies to gather stockpiles of resources before legitimate players, as their interest is not in legitimate progression but rather making bank.

Although this scenario may follow some assumptions being made (map rework could throw it out window/ further changes etc) Has this been considered at all during the LP changes, what were any conclusions made from such considerations?
    Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
  • Letorian wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

1. When you dont want to grind fame you can still progress (maybe as a trader, running from city to city

I actually didn't understand that part.
    Hi Letorian,

there is quite a few activities in Albion where your destiny board progression does not matter. Trading, for example, is one of them. Hauling goods is too, to an extent, as unlocking the higher capacity mounts is quite easy.

All the best,
    Korn
  • Sorry i need to say that, the new LP system is Shi@$#t. You say Albion Online will be not pay 2 win game but you still search something to make it like that. You have premium bonuses why we need LP..

You can say that "we dont have any idea of making something for players too buy Premium"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Szweedu ().

• Thank you for taking the time to make some "Dev talk" videos to update players of what is upcoming and what has been done during the beta.

I have to say the swamp you showed us on the video looks absolutly beautiful i wasn't expecting it. It looks more alive than before! It feels less empty. Also by adding more skills that involves players to move more around the mobs is way more entertaining than standing in place. It has this dark soul feel where if you get hit by a big mob you suffer the consiquences.

I see how much effort is put into the game instead of just pushing a nice concept. You're pushing a GAME, something new. I and many others will play for years with progressive work like that.
    Message to Zergs:

• npig wrote:

These talks have the be the most insincere way of keeping your community informed I've seen from any developer.

Do you really need your own built set, multiple tracking camera angles, lots of editing? you two just look awkward in front of the camera. What's wrong with just have an honest talk with us? Do you really need to spend money on this? You guys really need to rethink your direction with informing your audience. Ultimately it makes you look amateur. Has anyone at SI raised any flags about this?

If you want a tip? Fire your production crew and hire a spokesperson for SI that can produce content on their computer with a webcam and actually engage us instead of looking like wooden puppets reading from notes.

You want an example? I just came from watching the IVSoftware’s new update video Prison Architect Update 6 + New Introversion Games Compare that to what you guys are doing.
    And how its insincere? Looks quite honest and natural to me.

It needs some guts to go in front of camera to speak about the game by yourself. It shows that devs want to introduce their pruduct by themselfs, not with some paid actor who doesnt know anything about the game and which have zero passion about it. Maybe the delivery of words would be smoother with professional outsider, but hey they are not even speaking with their own native language. So i will raise my hat and wish more of these devs talk vids in future.

Its so much better that you are doing vids by yourself. Maybe the atmosphere is a little bit stiff, but who really cares? Some lesser souls i would say.
  • OMG Finally.. early spending of LP... the best update SI could have made... good job devs... This truly is better than any of your other changes. People can now progress without mind numbing grinds... go hit the gym IRL then come home and spend your earned LP while logged off. SI has restored faith with me.