Game pretty much unplayable on my laptop. Anything I can do?

• Game pretty much unplayable on my laptop. Anything I can do?

Sorry if this isn't a good place for this post. I'm technically new and this isn't a bug or feedback so idk where to put it.

I bought a founder's pack and decided to try this regardless of an apparently imminent wipe and/or whatever else. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. I thought my laptop was at least close enough to the minimum requirements but it's pretty much unplayable with the lowest possible in-game settings. It's fairly smooth on the lowest settings but I get some serious input lag. I recently left home for 2 weeks thinking this was something I could do for fun in my free time.

My laptop has windows 10, 4 gigs of ram, and a 2.13ghz processor. Is there anything I can do to at least reduce or remove the input lag? With the lowest possible settings, that's pretty much the only problem.
  • ablindman wrote:

Remove Shadows the game already uses little polygones. Its not like you are trying to run Fallout 4.
    Tried it. I said I already tried minimum settings. It helped a little but not enough. I realize this isn't fallout 4 and that's why i thought it would run. I noticed this is made with Unity though so that's probably why.
  • I can manage anywhere between 25-30 fps on an intel hd4000 integrated gfx.

you did mention you had a 2.13ghz cpu, but never mentioned if its intel or amd. I am assuming you're using the integrated video on the chip as well and do not have discreet graphics chip on your laptop.

you'll have to run at a non optimal resolution (which will make text blurry, some resolutions are worse than others) I'd suggest starting out at the lowest resolution the game will play at (probably 800x600) and go up from there, put graphic settings on low, turn off shadows, make sure your laptop is in "high performance" mode and not on "balanced" or "power saver". usually plugging in the laptop will put it in a "high performance" mode. but you will still need to verify regardless.

to see what mode your laptop is running in, click start and type "power" you'll want to select the option that says "choose a power plan". OR you can click on the battery icon in your system tray, and choose from there.

make sure you have adequate airflow to the laptop as well, its going to get pretty warm while playing.

hope this helps get your FPS up to something mostly playable.
  • Jameshelper wrote:

on my one computer albion wont even load so i had to get it on my laptop and it runs fine but my desktop will start to load my guy but then dim but never go. I have it on minimum settings and it is the only thing running on computer i guess some days it is not worth trying

Hi!

#1) Go download this: piriform.com/speccy

#2) Install and run it

#3) Take a screenshot and post it here ( You can do this by pressing Print Screen on your keyboard, opening MS Paint and then pressing CTRL+V)
  • Guihd00 wrote:

@Soma what about my system? Do you have any ideia about how many FPS i can get?
    around 30fps, with shadows off, laptop in "high performance" mode, disable all eye candy in your intel driver control panel and ensure "performance" mode is enabled in there as well.

you might have to try a few different resolutions depending on your LCD screens "optimal" resolution. playing fullscreen in a "non optimal" resolution will result in blurry images/text/etc
  • wade001 wrote:

Guihd00 wrote:

@Soma what about my system? Do you have any ideia about how many FPS i can get?
    around 30fps, with shadows off, laptop in "high performance" mode, disable all eye candy in your intel driver control panel and ensure "performance" mode is enabled in there as well.
    you might have to try a few different resolutions depending on your LCD screens "optimal" resolution. playing fullscreen in a "non optimal" resolution will result in blurry images/text/etc
    Do you think i Can get get 35-40fps? I'm scared of buying it and not beeing able to run
  • 35, maybe..

I mean, I keep my computers running fairly well, update drivers and such. I'm by far no expert, but I have worked as a network admin on more than one occasion.

I play from 2 different laptops, a desktop, and an android device.

one of the laptops is an intel hd5500 (core i7 5th gen), the other is a hd4000 (core i5, 4th gen). they both play the same, the 4th gen gets a bit hotter, but that's more of an ultrabook than laptop so I should expect that.

my experience is around 30fps, not much more than that. I don't know if others claiming different numbers are guessing, or have actual experience on the hardware.

---

edit: Also keep in mind this is a beta, I expect the game isn't optimized as it could be right now due to the ever changing code. once release happens the game will probably run a bit better than it does currently

The post was edited 1 time, last by wade001 ().