Im disappointed because I was excited... From a medium leather armor and warbow user

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Im disappointed because I was excited... From a medium leather armor and warbow user

Just some feedback about the new changes. I'm disappointed because a lot of the cool stuff I wanted to use conflicts with things you need...and some of the things needed are gone.

Lets start with Invis.... Invis used to remove all moving impairing effects... you need something like that, its your one escape in a 1on1 pvp for distance as a bow user. or to flee when your out solo pvping and run into groups you cant handle... It was also fun to get a timed shot off or tactical position using it.

NOW invis is this:
      .. one is channeled for 20 seconds but you cant move or do anything .. sooooo, your just left standing there... in the same spot... and anyone your fighting or around you can just wait and will know exactly where you are while their cc's time down... it doesnt remove any CC's, it doesn't do anything.... o wait, it does... it will reveal anyone else standing next to you like an invisible idiot lol
      ... the other is a set radius one that adds a power boost on your next shot... this could of been cool BUT you get limited to a certain blue circle... enemies see it as a red circle... so now they can just create distance and you wont even be able to use this skill.... as soon as someone goes invis you just run back and for them to reach you they have to come out the circle where they will be revealed and lose the buff...awesome..

The smoke bomb feature too... same situation... you get restricted to a space and your silenced along with anyone standing near you

Invis WAS a cool feature!... a needed one... now it feels like its literally worthless other then to call a time out mid fight and give up tactical position... you cant use to attack... you cant use to escape... and you cant use to move.

----------------

Another thing I was excited about was the trap that came on second tier in medium... finally a way for a warbow to slow someone down and be able to get a few shots off!... even set up a combo!... but wait, what are you sacrificing to have the trap?? ... O, Its either trap or mediums (now only) possible remove movement impairing effects spell.. well since I dont have an invis to remove or escape now I have to keep at least 1 thing that will free me when im getting locked or slowed.... soooo I don't even get to add the trap into the mix.

So in medium if I want to keep an invis, its either smoke bomb which silences you and everyone around you confined to a small space.... a channeled one that does nothing but make you invis and reveal invis around you and you cant move while using... or one to sneak attack a shot with a little extra damage but your limited to a small space and if you step out of it you lose your invis and buff..

It feels like you guys are on the right track with things but still need to connect some dots. Things don't feel comfortable or fluent right now... it always feels like something is missing in combat still for situations that happen.... at least in my experience using a warbow and armor path Ive chose.

There should be something to do and counter something of everything at least once when your limiting total spells to 6.... for all classes/builds. Thats how you make a fun tactical balanced skillful PvP game where full loot makes sense.

....and for invis I think you need to kill the radius on the sneak shot and add removes moving impairing effects back on... or move other stuff around elsewhere to let players build a well balanced char.

Each class/build (from direction you guys went) should be able to have a slow/stun/power type shot spell.. a run/dodge/flee type spell....an escape/removeCC/invis type spell.... and a buff type spell/shot... that seems to be your foundation in combat and if it is those 4 should be accessible in each build direction at same time for any individual char.

Hope this feedback helps. Sorry for short hand writing. Throwing this up quick after messing around on test server. Keep up the good work devs and keep moving in right direction. If you can connect the dots properly and fix whats broken you could have a real hit.
    • Pest schrieb:

SBI: "Hey, remember that game everyone loved and enjoyed? Remember the builds you've been theory crafting since the start of CBT? Remember all the play time it took you to grind up to 8.3 in said build?"

Playerbase: "Yeah...."

SBI: "Well fuck you"

Playerbase: "... :( "
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • I think most of the changes are actually taking the game in the right direction. Some skills still need some work and it would of been better if they would have wipe with this update or give people all of their fame back to allocate as they wish. But honestly, Xanthios you are complaining because you can't take bear trap to slow down enemies when you are using Warbow? It's already impossible for melee classes to keep up with bow users. You already have an incredibly useful slow. If this was coming from a melee class it would give your post actual credibility. Besides, the whole idea with this new patch is choices. They need to do a better job balancing some of the new abilities but overall I like what they doing.
    • For me the new mediums a far far more better than old ones i rly dont understand what a u smoking guys.
      Full .3 medium is click fest whit right timing it's most usefull skills ingame in any situations. So stop ur dumbs duels in city and try think what u can do in open field, gvg, zerg, n so.. And mostly how can u be effictive in team play.

Warbows/Longbows will shine after patch and they will do get nerfs trust me.

@Pest i dont give a fuck of ur hard work in 8.3 and nobody does because u get wiped so take a break or shut ur crying mouthy off thanks.

And for any other crying bitch u can unlock all armors for yellow zone gvg's ITS MOST BALANCED BATTLEGROUND IN GAME AND U CAN ENJOY IT A LOT. AND TEST I MEAN RLY TEST TEST TEST MAYBE ONCE MORE TIME I SAY TEST THE FUCKIN BETA IN REAL WAY TO FIND THE REAL THING OF MOST USABLE BUILDS. <<--- for 8.3 hardcore grind one type build crying morons.

:)

who care blackzone and redzone? if u cant even handle what u playin or if u do ur teamemebers dont?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dragis ()

• Obviously some of you aren't reading the issues im stating... all of which have valid points. This isn't about complaining, its not about my personal preference, its not about making things easier...its about giving them some unbiased feedback so they can fix whats broken before release and have a shot at long term success. I'm taking the time to write this stuff because I want them to succeed, not to knock the progress they have made. This is what beta is for. This is the type of stuff that will make players not play, or give bad reviews down the line after release if not fixed.

They aim to create a game that allows players to choose freely between dif builds... if you cant handle all combat situations with the tools your given in each build though, skill doesn't play a factor anymore.... You lose before you start in some situations as the game is right now.

If you go play around on the test server with the new invis spells yourself you will see what I mean there about what I wrote.

...And in regards to the bear trap comment (@matador) the issue I pointed out is that to have the NEW bear trap they added in your skill set, a medium armor user would have to sacrifice its only "remove movement impaired effect" spell now.. something that is obviously crucial with the way combat is in this game so I said even though I was excited to see that skill being added to the medum set, its something you cant even use because having a way to free yourself at least once during a battle is more important.
    • Xanthious schrieb:

Obviously some of you aren't reading the issues im stating... all of which have valid points. This isn't about complaining, its not about my personal preference, its not about making things easier...its about giving them some unbiased feedback so they can fix whats broken before release and have a shot at long term success. I'm taking the time to write this stuff because I want them to succeed, not to knock the progress they have made. This is what beta is for. This is the type of stuff that will make players not play, or give bad reviews down the line after release if not fixed.

They aim to create a game that allows players to choose freely between dif builds... if you cant handle all combat situations with the tools your given in each build though, skill doesn't play a factor anymore.... You lose before you start in some situations as the game is right now.

If you go play around on the test server with the new invis spells yourself you will see what I mean there about what I wrote.

...And in regards to the bear trap comment (@matador) the issue I pointed out is that to have the NEW bear trap they added in your skill set, a medium armor user would have to sacrifice its only "remove movement impaired effect" spell now.. something that is obviously crucial with the way combat is in this game so I said even though I was excited to see that skill being added to the medum set, its something you cant even use because having a way to free yourself at least once during a battle is more important.
      So u looking only from ur perspective as u loose ur precious invisible, but couldnt think from what u gonna hide now and how some1 at all will chase u down.. New skills way more better and give feedback if u rlly overthinked both situations URS and ENEMY(they will be DIFFERENT NOW)... hope u understand, everyday i see so much pro threads/post how skills a bad from one side whitout looking in both...
    • Vagabond schrieb:

some people forget that they are in Closed Beta, players main role is to test, report bugs and give suggestions not grind then whine about the changes
      if players dont grind what will they test?

asking people to refame in the middle of a test with an iminent wipe is enough reason to at least take a break of this game.

while its also a reason for others who already have taken a break to come back and test the new stuff.

P.S. New skills and armor rework is way better and offers many more possibilities which will also rise the skill lvl up. Its not balanced yet nor 100% perfect but its an improvement.
    • Amon schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

some people forget that they are in Closed Beta, players main role is to test, report bugs and give suggestions not grind then whine about the changes
      If you read again my message you will understand that some people only objective ingame is to farm 16h per day, without giving any feedback, they just whine when something changes in their static routine.

PS. Im talking about @Pest
    • Vagabond schrieb:

Amon schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

If you read again my message you will understand that some people only objective ingame is to farm 16h per day, without giving any feedback, they just whine when something changes in their static routine.
      PS. Im talking about @Pest
      It's the fact that we can't play 16h a day that makes this frustrating... My entire guild is 30-40 year olds with families, jobs, etc... We CAN'T farm 16h a day... How are we supposed to test end game when we can't even get there. We were getting almost there but just before we hit 6.6 they pull the rug out from under us...

Edit: Look at my post history, post count, and likes. To say that I don't give any feedback is just ridicules. Our guild has worked first hand with developers to help them improve their game throughout Alpha and Beta. We even have one of the developers of the UNITY engine in our fucking guild helping the SBI guys with engine patch notes... What feed back have you given? Because I can count about 20 full threads that have went to 15+ pages that I've constructed to help this game throughout both Alpha's and this beta. Who are you to tell me that I don't give feedback? Fuck off.
    • Pest schrieb:

It's the fact that we can't play 16h a day that makes this frustrating...
      Pretty much what it boils down to. If you want to stay relevant and stay on top, you need to be high tier. Can I get to 8.3 in a week? Sure. Do I want to spend the amount of time needed to do this? No. Why? This is a game, not a job. It takes so much time and is extremely boring to grind. I want to get online, get some gear together and go out for pvp with my guild to have some nice fights. The majority of this game should be spent having fun, not grinding.
    • Pest schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

Amon schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

If you read again my message you will understand that some people only objective ingame is to farm 16h per day, without giving any feedback, they just whine when something changes in their static routine.PS. Im talking about @Pest
      It's the fact that we can't play 16h a day that makes this frustrating... My entire guild is 30-40 year olds with families, jobs, etc... We CAN'T farm 16h a day... How are we supposed to test end game when we can't even get there. We were getting almost there but just before we hit 6.6 they pull the rug out from under us...
      Edit: Look at my post history, post count, and likes. To say that I don't give any feedback is just ridicules. Our guild has worked first hand with developers to help them improve their game throughout Alpha and Beta. We even have one of the developers of the UNITY engine in our fucking guild helping the SBI guys with engine patch notes... What feed back have you given? Because I can count about 20 full threads that have went to 15+ pages that I've constructed to help this game throughout both Alpha's and this beta. Who are you to tell me that I don't give feedback? Fuck off.
      @Pest Please care more about the game =P

On a side note this is the reason why I said it needs to be a wiped because they basically took everyone's current gear/meta and said screw you. Then to top it off a ton of people says no it's no need for a wipe yet because it does not effect me much. I leveled all light armor and nature staff along with the bow line. This patch does not effect me that much because, I can still use the armor pieces I leveled, I might have to grind up a certain line to test something out but that's it. 99% of the people saying they don't need to wipe aren't even thinking about other people.

I stated before this patch warrants a wipe because of 3 things.

1. Gear progression/meta will shift completely due to the new patch.
      2. Crafters have to regrind up the gear lines that will now be popular.
      3. I'm not going to regrind just so they can wipe it again.
    • Vagabond schrieb:

You must be forgetting, this game has been in development for three years. And with these proposed changes coming in after three years, it's not smart. Plain and simple. These are steps in the wrong direction, especially with how unprepared they are with this Cador update. And not to mention going back to the drawing board with gvgs. I wonder how many man hours were wasted "discussing" this flawed system when that time and money could have been spent focusing on something much more important.

Can you come up with one change that SBI has made during this closed beta that amazed you? I can't.
    • Radicale schrieb:

Vagabond schrieb:

You must be forgetting, this game has been in development for three years. And with these proposed changes coming in after three years, it's not smart. Plain and simple. These are steps in the wrong direction, especially with how unprepared they are with this Cador update. And not to mention going back to the drawing board with gvgs. I wonder how many man hours were wasted "discussing" this flawed system when that time and money could have been spent focusing on something much more important.
      Can you come up with one change that SBI has made during this closed beta that amazed you? I can't.
      Yes, but you need to know that in every CB, the meaning of wasting time is null, since everything is gonna be revamped, wiped or changed at will, what devs wants is a good final version for open beta for public, that is the final goal. so you prefer that they sacrifice some adjustment to please the beta testers ? the ones who should report any bug to make the game better

here is the definition of closed beta:

"This stage of testing usually comes right after all the problems discovered in Alpha testing are fixed. The length of closed beta testing really varies from game to game. Some games go through numerous stages of closed beta testing titled “Closed Beta 2”, “Closed Beta 3”, “Closed Beta 4” and so on. As the name implies, this stage of testing is still “closed” from the public, but is much more extensive than Alpha Testing. Gamers can usually “apply” for Closed Beta testing, as developers want gamers to “try out” their game and report any newly discovered bugs to them."
    • Dragis schrieb:

So u looking only from ur perspective as u loose ur precious invisible, but couldnt think from what u gonna hide now and how some1 at all will chase u down.. New skills way more better and give feedback if u rlly overthinked both situations URS and ENEMY(they will be DIFFERENT NOW)... hope u understand, everyday i see so much pro threads/post how skills a bad from one side whitout looking in both...
      @Dragis
      ...I'm looking at it like they didn't take the time to create all these new skills for people to not to be able to fit them into their build or use them because of what they take away from other things you need in every PvP/combat situation. I'm looking at it from an overall perspective... the title of my post is "i'm dissapointed because I was excited.." ...I think they are on the right track and added some cool stuff but they have to tweak some of the new skills (such as new invis spells) so that people will actually use it...maybe move things around to dif pieces of armor. I don't have all the answers, I was only giving examples on what I know and saw, these are my opinions... people who are playing other builds and classes should do the same giving their input. Eventually they will find a good balance hopefully.

I can guarantee that once the patch goes live the same things I'm saying now will be said and have to be addressed... better to give them a head start at thinking about what they will do now/