Im disappointed because I was excited... From a medium leather armor and warbow user

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

The only people bitching about Cador are the ones who had to change their gear...

This patch is fucking amazing and definitely not the wrong direction as some of you have mentioned. I applaud the dev team for taking such a risk with changing so much, AND succeeding.
      the entire Albion Round Table hates cadorAny pvper dislikes itEven some zerg players hate it.
      While Most agree more diversity is awesome they did a few things that totally broke the game. They know they did it. They have stated they know they did it, and have also said that they hope people just stick it out.

To put it bluntly you are one of the few that likes cador as a whole.

I am one of the more outspoken about hating cador, but even I say there was some nice things about it. The issue is coming in the next few weeks. As these game breaking changes come about more and more player base will be lost causing the game to hit a wall. No players means no game.
      You cannot include an entire group of people with your opinion.I dont see people bitching anymore about the patch.

Looks to me like it grew on everyone. But rather than go practice and adapt to change, you came to the forums and whined.
      next post is coming collecting data with each week we are losing about 1000 players a week from collecting of fame.
      Prior to cador we were around 10,000 after cador we are so far down to about 8k

in a week or two probably less.

that being said If you look at true numbers we are probably only about 2-3k players strong because most of that 10k and 8k are alts that got like 100 fame. only about 1/3 of that is actual players.

pictures of collected data will be presented at a later time. SI has even told round table they know it is bad atm but hope people stay for finished product. Many cador changes were fine it was the execution and loss of speed that handicapped the game. It also totally broke some aspects of the game which is why most tanks are no longer tanks and everyone is rolling medium .2 chest piece with some sort of dps wep (mainly longbow/warbow/halberd) etc... the speed weps.

No clue what game you're playing because the game I'm playing has 10k ppl on most of the time.
    • BRiCK schrieb:

qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

The only people bitching about Cador are the ones who had to change their gear...

This patch is fucking amazing and definitely not the wrong direction as some of you have mentioned. I applaud the dev team for taking such a risk with changing so much, AND succeeding.
      the entire Albion Round Table hates cadorAny pvper dislikes itEven some zerg players hate it.While Most agree more diversity is awesome they did a few things that totally broke the game. They know they did it. They have stated they know they did it, and have also said that they hope people just stick it out.

I am one of the more outspoken about hating cador, but even I say there was some nice things about it. The issue is coming in the next few weeks. As these game breaking changes come about more and more player base will be lost causing the game to hit a wall. No players means no game.
      You cannot include an entire group of people with your opinion.I dont see people bitching anymore about the patch.
      Looks to me like it grew on everyone. But rather than go practice and adapt to change, you came to the forums and whined.
      next post is coming collecting data with each week we are losing about 1000 players a week from collecting of fame.Prior to cador we were around 10,000 after cador we are so far down to about 8k

that being said If you look at true numbers we are probably only about 2-3k players strong because most of that 10k and 8k are alts that got like 100 fame. only about 1/3 of that is actual players.

pictures of collected data will be presented at a later time. SI has even told round table they know it is bad atm but hope people stay for finished product. Many cador changes were fine it was the execution and loss of speed that handicapped the game. It also totally broke some aspects of the game which is why most tanks are no longer tanks and everyone is rolling medium .2 chest piece with some sort of dps wep (mainly longbow/warbow/halberd) etc... the speed weps.
      No clue what game you're playing because the game I'm playing has 10k ppl on most of the time

9279 total fame characters

7912 total fame characters

5837 total fame characters

yep cador was a good change.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • I personally feel like the armor changes were good.

However, I agree that it sucks for people who busted ass for one build and then it got changed.

I figured they would have wiped for the armor patch, but I guess not.

As someone who takes a break and comes back to test each patch the changes are nice.

It will not be bad when we all start for real going in knowing what has what.

I think most of the frustration is from people having to regrind to keep up on something that could be wiped in a month.
    • qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

qvq schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

the entire Albion Round Table hates cadorAny pvper dislikes itEven some zerg players hate it.While Most agree more diversity is awesome they did a few things that totally broke the game. They know they did it. They have stated they know they did it, and have also said that they hope people just stick it out.

You cannot include an entire group of people with your opinion.I dont see people bitching anymore about the patch.Looks to me like it grew on everyone. But rather than go practice and adapt to change, you came to the forums and whined.
      next post is coming collecting data with each week we are losing about 1000 players a week from collecting of fame.Prior to cador we were around 10,000 after cador we are so far down to about 8k

No clue what game you're playing because the game I'm playing has 10k ppl on most of the time
      9279 total fame characters

7912 total fame characters

5837 total fame characters

yep cador was a good change.

LOL are you stupid???

Whats happened in every game thats ever been through a beta???

Every major patch, a HUGE flock of people come back to play for a week, then they leave once again....

You're completely forgetting about wipe, a lot of people don't enjoy playing games where they know they'll be wiped. Guarantee you, majority of those people who returned only left again because there wasnt a wipe.

If you're going to try and make a point with SS's, make sure you use an excellent Control variable by posting stuff from BEFORE the update too.
    • @BRiCK

understandable I wish i had more info to have a total grasp of the population issue.

I do not have access to the same logs the devs have I only have access to the minimal information they give us access too.

There are certain blocks of information I need access to to actually have a proper count.

1) accounts connected during all time periods before and after

2) ip connections to multiple accounts (still not enough)

3) mac address connections that took place with same ip at same time

Many of that 10k is people with 2-3 characters
      Some people even have multiple accounts.

So truth be told I would actually say we are closer to 1-3k total actual players.

The only thing the screen shot captures do is give a running trend. I didn't start collecting information on it until cador. When entire guilds were quitting because of cador I decided to begin a trend collection to give predictable future numbers within a margin of error for SI to look at.

Those ss were actually not ment for this forum, but for a future post along with 1-2 more months of data collection to better determine the trend of active players for SI to comprehend what their changes are doing to the games potential population.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • BRiCK schrieb:

So some people quitting because they cant adapt to change in a beta must mean that the patch was bad...

It's beta, if they cant realize that then they don't deserve to play.
      It's safe to say that the vast majority of founders are inactive at this time. Some players haven't quit, most have.

Of course beta state and wipe imminent has a lot to do with it, but it also has a lot to do with the gameplay. I only bought AO when I did because I assumed it would be released by now (that was the projection when I purchased in Dec 2015). I wanted to familiarize myself with the game before launch so that I didn't reroll my toon and get way behind the curve.

The game needs a lot of work and at this point, I regret dropping $100 on it.
    • Not sure how you all got here but let me get back in this convo lol

Ok, So originally I started this post to talk about some issues I saw on test server before cador was even released... things I knew the devs would realize themselves once released that they could get a jump start on fixing and brainstorming about. Not sure how you guys got to talking about "grinding" or "population" ha... but just to take a step back and get this convo heading in a productive direction again rather then arguing about things with no suggestions on how to improve lets throw some things back out there

1) This is still beta... the point is to leave feedback.. to fix whats broken.. and prepare for a successful launch with a game that people will be able to connect to and want to play for a long time at release... Nobody should be complaining about grinding, or changes being made, thats the whole point of beta itself and for me personally that was never one of the issues... Even if they changed things around another 3 times to where my char was useless from what I originally built i wouldn't care if in the long run it made the game a better and more balanced experience for when it actually counts. As we all know a wipe will be coming eventually regardless, and another following... so regardless what you have done to this point you will be doing things over and differently at least twice more so no reason to stress yourselves about that

2) Albion has a good foundation with a lot of potential but where they are hurting the most right now (in my opinion) is:

a)Fair balance and char progression with freedom to really mix it up- Albion strives to be a freedom to choose type game but for some reason it feels like you can still never get fully comfortable with your char... there is always something missing in a build to handle situations, it feels like some spells need to be moved around to dif pieces still so people can build a more well rounded char if they want rather then a focus on one thing or skills you need to have to compete that everyone uses....I want to feel connected and comfortable with the char I create ( and dont get me wrong, i tear it up as it is... whatever im given to work with ill work with and make best of and play to best of ability) but something still feels uncomfortable to me for whatever reason no matter how well I play or how much I win.

b)connection to the world itself- It doesnt feel like a free roaming world to me in Albion...The world is made up of little squares.... Every square is a new instance... every square has guild plots that nobody can walk on or near unless you control which creates invisible walls... once you enter a space u cant back out if you get engaged in combat so you could literally come through a tunnel, end up in combat, and be trapped from leaving. (I can't tell you how many times I've either had people escape from being killed by exploiting this, or been out solo pvping... engage one guy.walking into a new plot.. 5 more run out of no where.. and I have no where to go because I cant leave where I just ran through in my search to find people and im trapped against the wall. I hate this part of the game for some reason. I wouldn't mind if it was once in awhile maybe, but this is actual movement in Albion right now every 2 min... we aren't in a free roaming world.

I wish housing was really free placement so people can really build the world themselves.... place houses wherever you want, guilds and friends would take over certain areas placing their stuff together.... In albion I dont even use a house cause there is no reason too... it doesnt interact or connect with the world at all... If we could place freely though wherever space permitted I'd put one right near a cross road if I could and PvP all day lol... then doors could be locked with keys, keys could be looted, territories would form naturally rather then around guild plots.... same with farms or whatever else. It would make the world feel so much more interactive and player driven like this and contribute to that "missing end game" feeling people are already starting to feel. When a game is free roam open world pvp, stuff like that is the end game, stuff like that is the experience, but it doesnt exist here...

These are a few more of my thoughts...What do you guys think though?... Lets start talking about the things we feel are missing, connect to why, suggest what can be done better...not complain about inevitable things like changes or judge population based on an unfinished product and upcoming wipes.

I've been waiting since UO for something to give me that same type of full loot and fun feeling... WoW was fun too back in the day and they did a great job creating their world layout wise and making you feel connected to it... If albion can have a world that feels free and connected like WoW, with full loot PvP and balanced combat mechanics with freedom to choose whatever like UO... then this game would be amazing. Right now it needs tweaking but I really hope they can figure it all out because there is a lot of potential here to build off of. If they fail then we all lose ( or players like me at least) that have been waiting and wanting something this for the longest time.

-Xan
    • Zerosum schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

So some people quitting because they cant adapt to change in a beta must mean that the patch was bad...

Must admit, for someone who regrets it, you sure do stick around for a while.

The game's fun, damn near complete in my book. No offense, but you people need to get the sticks out of ur ass and go have a good time.
    • BRiCK schrieb:

Zerosum schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Must admit, for someone who regrets it, you sure do stick around for a while.

The game's fun, damn near complete in my book. No offense, but you people need to get the sticks out of ur ass and go have a good time.
      potential that is why people stay.

if they truly leave depends on if devs continue down same path.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
    • lets be honest Patch was horrible, ive maybe been in game 10 hours since patch hit because pvp is cancer...... the death system is just, there isnt even words for how bad like why would you put something like that into a hardcore pvp game....

Really i feel like ive been scammed

like i brought a new bike and the front wheel fell off while i was riding down the road....now ive thrown that piece of crap in the garage and im winging on the forums cause i didnt get warrenty lmfao.
    • Blinkz schrieb:

lets be honest Patch was horrible, ive maybe been in game 10 hours since patch hit because pvp is cancer...... the death system is just, there isnt even words for how bad like why would you put something like that into a hardcore pvp game....

Really i feel like ive been scammed

like i brought a new bike and the front wheel fell off while i was riding down the road....now ive thrown that piece of crap in the garage and im winging on the forums cause i didnt get warrenty lmfao.
      tbh I'm surprised you of all people don't like it...

The new update has made pvp much more interesting. Come get your Dickie sticky with us blinks lol