Do I buy a legendary founder's pack, or do I just wait for the key? [Serious]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do I buy a legendary founder's pack, or do I just wait for the key? [Serious]

Hey there,

I did some snooping around on the forums, and a few sites off google, and I saw that this game has a lot of potential! I think it's cool that the game has founder's packs, and I was thinking about going legendary. My only issue with legendary is that tons of people already have it based upon a couple polls here in the forums, you are able to lose your 'legendary' stuff to anyone (kinda sucks), and you can buy the horse/ox with silver rather than shell out $100 USD.

I know that buying the pack supports the developer, and im 100% down for that, yes, it's a great idea but the only thing holding me back from making the purchase is that there doesn't seem to be enough perks for doing so. Some people might call me greedy in having an expectation for more, but if you think about it, $100 can buy you a LOT of stuff anywhere else (e.g. new release steam games, league of legends skins.. etc).. You could also suggest that I go with their epic pack, but then, you're missing out on the original legendary stuff, like the tower. I feel like the legendary pack should have something defining that makes it a whole lot better than the epic pack to be worth buying. If everyone, or a lot of people have 12,000 gold (from going legendary) then the gold's value may deflate. Troubling to think about it.

Last alternative, I could just wait for a beta key.

So people of Albion Online!! I am on the fence with this purchase!!!

Help!! ?(
  • I am in the same boat. I can't decide on whether or not the legendary pack is worth the price or I should go for the epic because it is half the price and still comes with a great package. On the other hand I could wait for invites, but I'm not sure if the invites are available for alpha or they're just beta accessible.
  • I'm not comparing this to Runescape, but I will point out, that in Runescape with regards to "holiday items" every time you died, you could always buy your untradeable holiday item back from an NPC, which took the fear of losing your limited edition holiday stuff out. That could potentially take care of the fear in losing your $100 founder pack stuff, but it still doesn't address the fact that there is very little difference in going Legendary versus Epic (with the fact that you can buy anything in silver), or let alone just waiting for a key, and just buying gold whenever you need it for way less than $100.

As @Arthur said, it feels like there isn't enough being given for the premium of the $100.

@dokom I think it's just for beta.

I'm also worried if gold prices will deflate with the amount of legendary users.
  • You guys should also have read the founders pack faq that says there are comparable items to be crafted in the world of albion. You don't necessarily need any of the gear in any of the packs. You could very well wait until the release and play for free to craft items similar to the founder's items. The founder's packs are here for those of us that wish to make this game a reality by supporting the developers. This is purely speculation, but I'll bet that there is better armor out there than explorer leather. It's just a little cookie that we get to show off our support to the devs.

~May you find strength through honor and trust~
  • Hectar wrote:

You guys should also have read the founders pack faq that says there are comparable items to be crafted in the world of albion. You don't necessarily need any of the gear in any of the packs. You could very well wait until the release and play for free to craft items similar to the founder's items. The founder's packs are here for those of us that wish to make this game a reality by supporting the developers. This is purely speculation, but I'll bet that there is better armor out there than explorer leather. It's just a little cookie that we get to show off our support to the devs.

Like I said in the first post, getting the status to say you're a founder is fine, it's supporting the game devs.. etc. But you can't say that the founder's packs are there for those who want to make the game a reality. That's like saying that's the only reason why anyone would buy it. I know I can't be the only one to view the founder's packs as a perk to play this game, can I? So looking at it from a pay for what you get viewpoint, that's the issue at hand. I'm having trouble seeing the value of going legendary.. and welcome the feedback on it.
  • maursader wrote:

Hectar wrote:

You guys should also have read the founders pack faq that says there are comparable items to be crafted in the world of albion. You don't necessarily need any of the gear in any of the packs. You could very well wait until the release and play for free to craft items similar to the founder's items. The founder's packs are here for those of us that wish to make this game a reality by supporting the developers. This is purely speculation, but I'll bet that there is better armor out there than explorer leather. It's just a little cookie that we get to show off our support to the devs.

Like I said in the first post, getting the status to say you're a founder is fine, it's supporting the game devs.. etc. But you can't say that the founder's packs are there for those who want to make the game a reality. That's like saying that's the only reason why anyone would buy it. I know I can't be the only one to view the founder's packs as a perk to play this game, can I? So looking at it from a pay for what you get viewpoint, that's the issue at hand. I'm having trouble seeing the value of going legendary.. and welcome the feedback on it.

pretty much all founder packs are ridonkulosly priced when it comes to it.(most of them)
    I say CAKE to fantasy races. <- feels left out
  • Price isn't a problem I mean, if they wanted $200 for it... and there was actual value for what I was paying for, then sure. lol.

Someone once in my life said, "Price is only an issue in the absence of value."

I'm not seeing any significant value for $100... that's all I'm saying.. and im hoping to get some feedback from the game devs on any idea if they're going to add to it or not.
  • I think problem is that people don't know what that prices include. And in my opinion most of players who play during last alpha tests use they -30% discount wise. Ofc it is gambling also, because we pay for not ready project yet. But still give advance other other players, you need only proper plan and know what you want achive.

- with horse you can be faster than rest of players during final release, this dont mean you rush already to PvP zone. You using this horse to speed up and buy real estate you like to have in proper place for house or to set there own business. Like opening crafting service for players who pay for using your building in silver.

- with oxe you dont rush into PvP zone to gather rare materials in small number. Only using it to grab as much resources you can in no-PvP zone to speed up your crafting achivments to get higher tier. Even if higher tier material dont show up in no-PvP zone you can take lots of low-tier material and transmutate them in proper building to high tier. On foot this take ages, with oxe faster.

- founder statue is awsome commercial for your business and symbol of your ambition, in towns and no-PvP zones with parcels nobody take it.

- for gold in sets you can pay up start costs for your business that return in future.

- you get experiene during tests, because you have two alpha tests and beta, after each wipe so three times you can check everything and risk without worrying about your start errors. This experience profit during final release when other people will think what to do you be already light years ahead.

Fast math now, legendary set cost almoust 96$, gold in set is worth 50$, so rest of items value left in set is 46$, lets think that premium month in Albion Online is 5$ (we dont know price yet, could be more) so left in our bill 31$. So experience, prestige, faster start, and boost to hp and speed is worth that much from all in set.
  • Hi all,

I think I can answer most of the questions asked here.

Free Alpha key giveaways have essentially been stopped with the launch of the Founder's Programm as it would be unfair to those who purchased a founder's pack if others would get the access for free. The only exception really is that previous testers that have been actively helping us in the past (by playing more than 4 hours in the previous test), who got the option to choose between a free key for the next test or a discount on the founder's pack. In addition to that, there might be the occasional founder's pack/key giveaway as part of some marketing campaigns, but the number will be extremely limited.

Of course, buying a founder's pack means that you will support the development of the game, for which we are extremely thankful as it allows us to stay independent and create the game according to our vision.

However, we have also made 100% sure that the packs provide full value in themselves.

The value of the legendary pack
    • $50 worth of gold. (note that this will be based on the actual sale price of Gold on release, i.e. you will truly get $50 worth of it, it is not just a random number!)
    • 3 months of premium. We have not decided on the prices for this yet as this also depends on the benefits provided, but it is fair to assume that the value per month is somewhere in the $5-$10 range. For the sake of the argument, let us assume the 3 months are worth $25.
    • This brings the pure "cash" value of the packs to $75 already, meaning that there is $25 of the actual price remaining for which you will get: 1) All the special founders items, including 2 mounts 2) The additonal perks such as the golden name tag, etc
    • In particular with regards to the special founders items, the fact that they are destructible but transferrable makes them extremely valuable if you just store them in a safe place for a while. Certain rare Runescape items have changed hands for hundreds of dollars - I am not saying that the Albion Founders Items will hit that number, but the principle still stands.
    • And, most importantly, the founder's pack will give you full Alpha and Beta access, taking into account that the games release* will most likely be early/mid 2015 (maybe earlier, maybe later, depending on the tests - see my detailed post below). In any event, the closed beta phase will be several months, so there is plenty of time to take advantage of the founder's packs.

All the best,
    Korn

*edit

• Dobrutro Dunin wrote:

@Levjski

In short: yes. :D But dont worry, not all maps in game are PvP, there are also no-PvP zones where you can travel faster.

Well that is a blow to the face! Is this confirmed anywhere?

I guess my mounts will be stored in a stable and never coming out. They shall be trophy mounts for all to look upon!

----------------------------------
    @Levjski | Twitch | Social Hub | About.me