State of the Game February

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "Black zones are the zones where guilds and alliances fight over control. All regions that contain claimable territories will be assigned the black zone status."

Though I surprised and actually happy to hear this, I'd want to know if the same applies to castle clusters (They're based on guild/alliance pvp after all).

• On top of that, we are introducing special rare items with unique abilities to the game. These items are player crafted, but do need special resources dropped from certain bosses or treasure chests to create.
      Sounds like an exciting new element to AO, but...

And very, very rarely, they can drop directly, but in a way that does not compete with crafting.
      Ugh -- please don't. The role of gathering & crafting is one of the best things about this game, and the path that leads to making crafting irrelevant is a slippery slope. First this small change... than another... before you know it you're not competitive in player-crafted gear.
    • State of the game:

Note that this is my perception based on what I've seen in these forums and based on actual posts by devs.

PvPers do not want PvErs. It's funny and a bit ironic that PvErs who do not want to kill other players make PvPers feel so threatened. I realize why the PvPers are threatened. They don't want their PvP ruined by no stinkin' PvErs. They are unwilling to accept, and apparently, so is SI, that PvP and PvE can coexist and thrive in the same game without treating PvE like it's a necessary evil to help attract money to the game. The half arsed approach to PvE is not going to draw in the number of PvErs that SI seems to think.

SI wants PvErs' money, but they treat them like second-class citizens. PvP gives the best rewards. If you want to PvE, you can, but you will be limited, and it will take longer. Also, you can't harvest all tiers unless you go to red/black.

This is consistent with SI's stance on how the game should be. PvP is always more rewarding. If you want to PvE, and refuse to PvP, you will never get the same reward in a PvE progression.

I am not upset. I am just giving my view point so that people can know what to expect.
      Actually while @Ralgur is rather blunt about it, he has the right idea

tinyurl.com/gvyk3ex
    • molleth schrieb:

On top of that, we are introducing special rare items with unique abilities to the game. These items are player crafted, but do need special resources dropped from certain bosses or treasure chests to create.
      Sounds like an exciting new element to AO, but...

And very, very rarely, they can drop directly, but in a way that does not compete with crafting.
      Ugh -- please don't. The role of gathering & crafting is one of the best things about this game, and the path that leads to making crafting irrelevant is a slippery slope. First this small change... than another... before you know it you're not competitive in player-crafted gear.
      As a crafter first and explorer second, I appreciate your concern. If they make these drops as rare as they say, there is no way that there will be enough drops to keep up with the losses in PvP. Then again, the gear won't really be gone. It'll just get passed around by the conquering guilds. So, hmmm. Maybe, if the game survives long enough, it could become saturated with this "very very rare" drop rate. Yeah. Dropped gear never leaves the game unless someone destroys it, so eventually what was rare, while perhaps not common will become a whole lot less rare.

tinyurl.com/gvyk3ex
    • I am concerned about those PvErs (crafters, etc...) who may be interested in a controlled form of PvP. Will they get something like a battleground? I mean, the 5v5 GvG evironment looks really interesting as a "sport" for many that maybe dont like the "real action" PvP. I know that getting people into real PvP is the main focus, but arena-like events, duel championships, battlegrounds... is it possible or even planned?
      “It takes two people to make you, and one people to die. That's how the world is going to end.”
      ― William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying
    • Ralgur schrieb:

State of the game:

Note that this is my perception based on what I've seen in these forums and based on actual posts by devs.

PvPers do not want PvErs. It's funny and a bit ironic that PvErs who do not want to kill other players make PvPers feel so threatened. I realize why the PvPers are threatened. They don't want their PvP ruined by no stinkin' PvErs. They are unwilling to accept, and apparently, so is SI, that PvP and PvE can coexist and thrive in the same game without treating PvE like it's a necessary evil to help attract money to the game. The half arsed approach to PvE is not going to draw in the number of PvErs that SI seems to think.

SI wants PvErs' money, but they treat them like second-class citizens. PvP gives the best rewards. If you want to PvE, you can, but you will be limited, and it will take longer. Also, you can't harvest all tiers unless you go to red/black.

This is consistent with SI's stance on how the game should be. PvP is always more rewarding. If you want to PvE, and refuse to PvP, you will never get the same reward in a PvE progression.

I am not upset. I am just giving my view point so that people can know what to expect.
      did your mother raise an idiot? You have to pve to fame up to pvp. stop talking.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • OldTony schrieb:

I am concerned about those PvErs (crafters, etc...) who may be interested in a controlled form of PvP. Will they get something like a battleground? I mean, the 5v5 GvG evironment looks really interesting as a "sport" for many that maybe dont like the "real action" PvP. I know that getting people into real PvP is the main focus, but arena-like events, duel championships, battlegrounds... is it possible or even planned?
      sandbox........no
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • Nervontuxis schrieb:

Ralgur schrieb:

Dropped gear never leaves the game unless someone destroys it, so eventually what was rare, while perhaps not common will become a whole lot less rare.
      You have never died then have you? 30% of your gear trash when you do - pvp / lethal mobs.
      i wouldn't bother replying to him read what he wrote he is about as bright as a burnt out bulb that has been stepped on and crushed.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
    • qvq schrieb:

Nervontuxis schrieb:

Ralgur schrieb:

Dropped gear never leaves the game unless someone destroys it, so eventually what was rare, while perhaps not common will become a whole lot less rare.
      You have never died then have you? 30% of your gear trash when you do - pvp / lethal mobs.
      i wouldn't bother replying to him read what he wrote he is about as bright as a burnt out bulb that has been stepped on and crushed.
      Oops. I forgot about the destroyed gear. I knew this. Read it many times. Totally blanked it. You're right. I'm not very bright. I mean I forgot something that I should not have. Being human. My bad. As I understand it, and since I'm stupid, I am probably confused and wrong, the gear has a 30% chance to drop. It doesn't mean it is guaranteed to drop. I assume the check is done against each piece of gear separately. But, yes, that means some gear will be removed from the game. I just hope if they add rare drops that it applies to rare drops too. We'll see how many of those PvP tough guys are willing to wear it into PvP knowing it can be destroyed.

Again qvq, thank you for your insightful post where you made an incredibly clever quip about me being as bright as a burned out, crushed light bulb. I guess having an IQ of 140 is not enough to impress you. I'm sure yours is 200 at least.

Definition of quip in case I confused you. Those four letter words can be challenging.

quip
      kwip/
      noun

1. 1.a witty remark.[table]
        [tr]
        [td]synonyms:[/td]
        [td]joke, witty remark, witticism, jest, pun, bon mot, sally, pleasantry;More[/td]
        [/tr]
        [/table]
        [list]

2. [/list]
      verb

1. 1.make a witty remark."“Flattery will get you nowhere,” she quipped"[table]
        [tr]
        [td]synonyms:[/td]
        [td]joke, jest, pun, sally; informalwisecrack"“I think he got the point,” quipped Sean"[/td]
        [/tr]
        [/table]

tinyurl.com/gvyk3ex
    • qvq schrieb:

Ralgur schrieb:

State of the game:

did your mother raise an idiot? You have to pve to fame up to pvp. stop talking.
      You don't know what you're talking about. You obviously have great difficulty with reading comprehension. It's ok. Keep practicing. You might get better, assuming you have enough grey matter to actually learn. Where in there did I say you don't have to PvE? The difference is when you have to PvE in a PvP zone. My point, and I'll use a few small words for your benefit, is that you can't have a pure PvE path without having to encounter buttholes in PvP. You know? People like you?

There I hope I was able to clear that up for you. I know I'm an idiot because you said so, and it's the internet so it must be true. Oh and sure, I'll stop talking because you said to. Sure, no problem.

I'm glad you have thrown down the gauntlet with your less than insightful, personal attacks that add nothing to a conversation. Zerosum was boring me. He thinks he's good at word games. He might actually be better than you, but that's not saying much. We'll see.

You attack hounds who try to discredit anyone who says anything that might somehow change the game in a way you do not like probably think you're effective. You probably think you can avoid change. Guess what? I'm still here. I am not going anywhere. SI got my $99.95. Your cute little attacks aren't going to scare me off. I'm not an internet tough guy. I'm just not scared of wanna be internet tough guys.

tinyurl.com/gvyk3ex

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ralgur ()

• Love the direction the game is going. A suggestion that should be considered is that always make lower tier resources required for higher end crafting. That way there will always be a need for materials that are spread throughout the security zones. This gives new players a role, and ensures that there will never be "dead zones". See eveonline ores as a good model for this.
    • keepitlikeitwas schrieb:

Love the direction the game is going. A suggestion that should be considered is that always make lower tier resources required for higher end crafting. That way there will always be a need for materials that are spread throughout the security zones. This gives new players a role, and ensures that there will never be "dead zones". See eveonline ores as a good model for this.
      To get 8.6 refined you need 7.6, and 6.6
      To get 8.5 refined you need 7.5, 6,5 and 5.5.
      To get 8.4 refined you need 7.4, 6,4, and 5.4.
      To get 8.3 refined you need 7.3, 6.3, 5.3 and 4.3.
      To get 8.2 refined you need 7.2, 6.2, 5.2 and 4.2.
      To get 8.1 (8) refined you need 7.1, 6.1, 5.1, 4.1, 3.1 and 2.1.

For 8.1 stones refined you need 7.1, 6.1, 5.1, 4.1, 3.1, 2.1 and 1.1.

This is already in the game, and will stay.