I want to talk about my extensive experience about labourers, trophies and rewards.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I want to talk about my extensive experience about labourers, trophies and rewards.

I`ve decided at the start of this beta that I would use it to test the personal island to its full potential. After almost three months of testing here are my thoughts on it and its mechanics and rewards. Please bear in mind that this thread took me about two hours to write.

Background: seeing no point in building anything on the personal island besides houses for labourers and farms, that is because you don`t get that 10% resource return which pays with a lot of leeway the price of the refining, rendering the personal islands crafting stations not worth its resource cost, time cost and slot (housing slot) cost to keep. Why? 10% resource return gave me fame and extra resource I could sell that gave me profit.

Fact#1 There is no reason to build anything on the personal island besides houses and farms/kennels/pastures/ect

Tier II worker
    Pre-update:
    You would need over 3000xp getting about 150xp per 8 hour rotation to get your labourer to tier III. That would took almost 7 days to get your first upgrade. They used to give me about 150 wood logs for each rotation, a little bit over 200 with the introduction of the trophies.

Post update
    You need over 800xp getting that in the 8 hour rotation to get the labourer to tier III. It would take 8 hours to upgrade. They now give you about 40 logs per rotation, making it about 50-60 with trophies.

- Leveling the workers would get faster and faster with the tiers going up, that has changed and now it is the other way around. As the workers go leveling it takes more rotations to level up again.
    - Upon reaching tier V the amount of rewards starts tuning down, and the experience necessary to fill up a journal spikes up. A T5 labourer gives me 20 wooden logs for 26K experience necessary to fill up a journal, a tier IV journal gives me about 30 wooden logs and only takes about 4K experience to fill up. The reason I believe there is this spike is because of the introduction of the .4 and .5 wooden logs which spikes the experience gain as well.

The Tier VI worker and housing... and where I`ll start showing my opinion

I am not even going to bother with a pre-update, because it was just broken, giving 150-200 T6 wooden logs per rotation with a 25kish (can`t remember the values now) experience journal. But then the update came... and with it the nerfs.
    [/size]
    How sad was I when I found the rewards were decimated, I did think it was unbalanced before but after the nerfs it is still unbalanced, but the other way... each T6 worker was getting me 8-9 T6 wooden logs! And on top of that I had to fill 36K experience for each journal... on T6 bloodoaks, which were on the red zone... so the danger spiked, and it only had the introduction of .6 mythical logs. Yes they give you an explosion of fame, but then again they are so bloody rare that you might as well not count them up.

This week they have introduced the T6+ furniture, I prepared myself and got my houses to Tier VI with T6 furniture. And boy I tell you guys, it was not worth it! I am not getting 12-13 T6 logs per rotation, and the investment was just... not proportional, as most of you should have infered by now I have a single island with nothing but houses on it... T6 houses at this point. The investment in both time and resources to get to that point is unreal...

Fact#2 it takes more time to fill up the T6 journal on the dangerous red zone and gives even less rewards making it not being time, risk nor cost effective.

A little extra: I have unlocked two T7 workers and having seen the journals I am not even going to bother myself. Filling 80K experience on the even more dangerous black zone, which doesn`t even have the resource clusters to speed the process up. Even having an estabilished black zone base would still make it incredibly difficult to maintain the T7 workers. And I don`t even want to think about the time and resource investment to get the T7 houses and furniture. Let alone T8

What it takes to have happy T6 workers

Each house takes 760 T1 logs, 760 T1 stones, 90 T6 planks, 90 T6 blocks, another 60 T6 planks and 90 T6 cloth for the furniture. Summary: It is either extremely expensive (buying all this stuff) or boring (T1 gathering)/dangerous(T6 gathering) work.

It takes 15 seconds to put 30 T1 resources in, 1 minute and 15 seconds for 30 T6 resources. It takes another 1 minute and 15 seconds to craft each bed and table. Each T6 house houses three T6 labourers, each requires a bed. It takes us to the grand total of 24 minutes doing nothing but hammering each house, and that is not counting the time behind gathering, looking for prices, transporting and refining stuff. Summary: It is long and mainly boring work.

Again, I have 11 houses with 33 workers all of that Tier 6+. It took me about 4 and a half hours just to craft furniture and upgrade the houses to tier 6. I`ll count myself out as an exception, even though what I am doing is the only financially rewarding way of using the building slots.

Talking about trophies now...

Before I start talking about trophies I first need to say that the trophy system is not complete at the moment, there is no specific trophy for lumberjacks and the gamekeeper/mercenary trophies work with the lumberjacks. That said, I must also say that the mercenary is (was?) currently unbalanced and it takes way too much fame to fill up his journals effectively making it an excrutiating process to rank him up. Also since I`ve specialized myself in wood gathering and only have lumberjacks, I have to buy my trophies. making it extra expensive for us with only lumberjacks.

That said, it is a balanced system up to tier IV, on tier V houses you get to unlock a third labourer on the house. But each trophy only supplies two labourers (with the exception of the looking glass). When you introduce the third labourer you have to double up every single trophy you have to keep them happy. The problem with that is that there are simply not enough furniture slots for each house to keep up with the demand. 14 for the T5 house if I recall corrently. 4 which are beds and a table. Leaves us with 10 to work with, if you up a single different trophy giving 10 happiness it would not be enough (also it would be extremely expensive or time consuming to get all these trophies).

Also, the physical space all this stuff takes is too much, there is barely any way to walk, they could make the houses just a little bigger, or make the trophies hung off the walls.

Fact#3: it is impossible to keep three labourers happy in a T5 house.

Obs: I have not tried to keep T4- houses fully happy with two workers so I won`t go into that merit.

And that takes me to my final point about trophies and furniture... having optimized my housing. The sheer number of trophies necessary makes me often choose between keeping the labourers happy or having chests. Having 33 labourers takes 99 journals a day to keep it functioning. It takes a lot of space to stash most of these journals, so I often find myself needing stash space since the journals don`t stack.

What I did was to build some houses on an alt and put nothing but chest there so I could keep my journals. Which made the process of storing resources and journals a pain, since I now need to keep changing islands. At this present moment I store my resources on the auction house, I up it up for sale a bit pricey and I get that free storage space. (you pay for 1% of what you ask for, but I highly recommend for those of you who don`t have enough storage slots slots).
  • Conclusions

The only truly balanced labourer is the TierV gatherer, he brings just the right amount of resources without being OP or UP, 20-30 resources per run is rewarding, and gathering 16Kish (again, I don`t quite remember the exact values here) is just right. You can also use it to gather T4 wood at 150% without any trophies.

Leveling the houses and labourers to tier6 is not worth your time and money.

The housing system has a problem with furniture slots versus the quantity of trophies you need to make the labourers happy on tierV onwards, especially because where the first big wall regarding housing exists.

The housing system makes you choose between keeping the workers happy and having chests nearby.

It is not worthwhile to have refining and crafting stations on the island.

It is way, WAY, too boring and time consuming to upgrade a house in general. It is particularly expensive when doing it T5. highly expensive T6. And so on...

Suggestions

Increase the reward of T6+ gatherers to match the T5 gatherer which I find balanced. Decrease the amount of fame necessary to fill up the journal back to around 23-25K. The risk acquire during the gathering process is balance enough between T5 and T6.

Have a button to just apply all the resources necessary to upgrade the houses, instead of having to put in packs of 30, also shorten the time necessary. It is unnecessary to have this boring process, it (the long time to upgrade) balances absolutely nothing. Tune down the quantity of T1 resources necessary to upgrade the houses, I understand the though process of wanting to give ways to starting players to get silver, but this is detrimental since they get no experience collecting T1 stuff and it is boring boring work... I can see this easily being botted in the future for easy silver. Very personal and subjective opinion and now: now you may use the argument that botters will be banned and whatnot, but I think most people think just as me when they see the banhammer as a game of whackamole.

Have chest slots in each house (about 1 or 2) and furniture slots, or even trophy slots AND furniture slots. That

Increase the size of the houses by about 2 points in the x and y axis, or make the trophies upgradeable instead of stackable or make it possible to hang them over the walls.

The obligatory make the lumberjack trophies (and the rest) available.

Make refining and crafting stations on the island worthwhile (maybe by having a 5% resource return on it)

The combination of T7 resources being in the highly dangerous and distant black zone, the journals experience spiking to 80K experience and not having any clusters of T7 materials in the blackzone makes it highly unrewarding to bother with T7 labourers. The argument of resources and time also applies here. (Even more for the T8).

Make all the trophies serve three labourers instead of two. By the time you hit T7 you can double up the trophies since you`d have more furniture slots time and money.

Make the founder`s certificate give 5 happiness over three labourers as well. It is a nice furniture to have proving that you have supported the game, but you don`t have any furniture slots to use it.

Make the journals stackable!!!!!!

Final Words

If you made this far I thank you for taking your time to read my take on the island and especially on the labourers. And I`d like, sincerely, to hear your opinion on the matter and have a discussion about it. It took me a lot of experiencing and experimentation to take these conclusions. Which was my main objective this beta.

I`d love to test the explorer`s house sadly do not possess the legendary account nor I`ve found myself with spare resouces to buy one off the AH.

I`d also love to hear the opinion on the devs that work on these parts of the game to express their opinions and the thought process behind some of the decisions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cahnis ().

• interesting post.
    its a good breakdown at a broken system

having an island just be a resource generator should be a heavily manageable task in terms of day to day activities IMO. if not, there would just be piles of bots cranking out resources and flooding the market with bot produced and alt produced resources.

but

the OP points out some interesting issues.
    the islands are not overly optimized for anything in terms of space used, and volume of build-able spaces.
    the island is in no way rewarding you for having developed it. there is no bonuses, no incentive, etc.

i wish it was bigger, nore slots to build,and perhaps some different buildings, or some building options that allow you to take your development in one or two different directions..
    (have a lumbermill for example, have an option where there may be some internal space attached to it, allowing a laborer to have residence, and gear to allow him to generate raw resources, or have a lumbermill have another entirely different building option which allows it to increase production output, which could be upgraded and such as well. or have a lumber mill building option where logs could be processed into lower tier lumber. or have a lumbermill building option where a lumberyard is attached to it, allowing a bank/box/weight set of storage slots which can be used to store lumber and wood only, upgrading would increase bank/weight slots, adding a building option where you can ship lumber/logs to another town [picked up at the AH interface] for a fee, upgrading would increase shipping radius and tier level ship able, just to name a few building options) anyways you see my point i hope,of having a few options to the buildings, where not all options would be allowed.
    the bottom line the islands need to be bigger and allow for a bit more diversity.
    if having a bunch of alt accounts is a solution to some issues, then that is a good indication that the system is broken.
  • +1

I feel you should be getting atleast 40-50 resources per book as a return since the higher tier u risk loosing book and so on when getting the tier 5+ resources, there nothing worst than a laboring bringing back 1 tree worth of resources u may aswell just stayed out there harvesting an extra tree, not to mention 10 pieces or resources is almost the same cost as the book itself it seems at times. So doesnt seem to be worth the bother even risking a book for the laborors,
  • got pretty much the same opinion - only use for labourers right now is to get those low-lvl mats and skip the gathering on those tiers by investing time in them instead.

i also got some numbers on the furniture/happieness/house-upgrades posted in my thread that nobody replied on^^
    Housing-System/Upgrades&Furniture need rework

basically same conclusion: t6+ houses not worth the efford/not needed, and high-lvl trophies (besides not being able to place in lower-tier houses) arent even worth it since you got no space to place them and they dont give nearly enough happieness to consider forcing a labourer to get it instead of do his usual job.
  • Personallly for me anyone who is not a pure gathere and I mean a PURE GATHERER WHO ONLY GATHER for the entire life of the game should not touch the labourer...

I have couple of videos

I have done already about t5 atm only... all of them are close to t6.... I gather for t5 book double books btw that 66 books to keep them on a rotation, and I have done this already 12 times [been playing I think since 2week or so]....

atm I have no problem with the nerf for t5.. if I can gather t6 without getting my ass pounded im sure the t5 would easily swoop full as I seen a lot of good exceptional tree and other type of rarity [except the slate].... as for t6 vs t6 I have done a suicidal mission to fill one up with a t6 wood that I cannot gather any rarity thus 32k I think was the number to fill up... anxiety, heart pumping, and my nerve system almost wreckt with " WHAT THAT SOUND? oh shit I though I heard something" all funny crap located on my videos......

I do not have he data on t6-t7-t8..... I do how ever know that player who use higher tier on lower book fill them up so fast that is not even funny...... especially when they hit exceptional/legendary/mythical... [legendary gave me once 108k filling up the t5 6x easily]

my opinion is only do to the fact that im a full gatherer and how that I make my money and everything. hell my gear fighting suck so bad I rather be carry into a redzone if I ever ever could and gather while you do the work to fight anything out there....

anyway ANYONE who is not a gatherer A PURE FULL GATHERER ONLY should skip these labourer and do not touch it....[why I say full gatherer and only gatherer because if you are going out there to gatherer atleast having the book hanging out on your pocket will fill up while you do your duty as a gatherer only receiving a small amount instead of zero.. OF COURSE I MYSELF enjoy the work to lvl up these labourer something that no one else will do and I myself am only one person and do not know if anyone else its like me? so please take what I say as a grain of salt as I do not know how many me are out there]

that will be all

also I want to say because of the broken market BEFORE WIPE which I don't know how it will be after wipe but before wipe the market is broken with even blue hide at 900silver per sell [which I sold like 500 so far].. and other material that I spam that I gain so much in one day, so I literally bough the material for t6 t5 crafted them and now they are done, need 6480 roughstone rough wood [3798 rought stone atm will finish it today]... about 2.3mill from selling in one day[and still had 4-5stack of 999 t5 stone to sell with other material alike to sell] so since the market for this beta before wipe, buying ,crafting, lvling up those t6houses is easy and will do the same for t7]... its because im a gatherer only that I enjoy doing this and funny part is im doing this knowing that I will not go t6 t7 unless my guild/alliance decide to take me out there with the books [risk/reward].... ps.... I have to watch a movie while I put them in ALONE -.-. increase the dam 30 to 90 or unlimited I read theforum and still am and I know it went from 5-30 now make it from 30-200
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Finalhecate ().

• @Finalhecate
    just so you know, there are mercenary- and crafting-labourers aswell

at t6+ the mercenary-labourers are indeed worth the risk (you get about a hand-full of gems, that covers the book-transport/losing-costs)

the crafters bring you literally free resources since you usually dont have any other expences like travelling or risk of dying/losing the books - so they´re worth it aswell - just not for t6+ stuff, tier4 and tier5 are still good side-income in that case.
    (ofc. you´ll have to upgrade/furniture houses first, but you get the lower-tier resources back in no time)
  • ZaZii wrote:

@Finalhecate

at t6+ the mercenary-labourers are indeed worth the risk (you get about a hand-full of gems, that covers the book-transport/losing-costs)

the crafters bring you literally free resources since you usually dont have any other expences like travelling or risk of dying/losing the books - so they´re worth it aswell - just not for t6+ stuff, tier4 and tier5 are still good side-income in that case.
    (ofc. you´ll have to upgrade/furniture houses first, but you get the lower-tier resources back in no time)
    than I want to rewrite my statement and say for the gathering part. I do not know anything about labourer outside of gather that for my guild mate who has it and judge between it as for gather labourer I have all of them and its 6x on each house for 10 house the 11th being a chest.. i.imgur.com/gZWALRG.jpg

... now this is what I want to state which is what im testing...

does the % happiness for tier 6 and tier 7 on the house and furniture increase it better for the t4 t5?......

for example I get my tier 7 labourer who has tier 7 house and tier 7 furniture with trophy, since more happy should= more % does that make my t4 t5 a good amount return instead of 18-20? will it be 30-38 or 40-45 on a t5? or wil it only maybe be 28-32 ??... [or no matter what happiness increase it wont effect the t5 and lower at all?]

cause to be honest with you when I need to fill up the alliance with t2+ to t5 atleast the labourer is helping me XD with 66 books the labourer are constantly helping me fill it up. have you test those and if you haven't can you since you are ahead of me? [know that the t5 stone= 18-20 with 530 or 539 happyness
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
  • Finalhecate wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

@Finalhecate

than I want to rewrite my statement and say for the gathering part. I do not know anything about labourer outside of gather that for my guild mate who has it and judge between it as for gather labourer I have all of them and its 6x on each house for 10 house the 11th being a chest.. i.imgur.com/gZWALRG.jpg
    ... now this is what I want to state which is what im testing...

does the % happiness for tier 6 and tier 7 on the house and furniture increase it better for the t4 t5?......

for example I get my tier 7 labourer who has tier 7 house and tier 7 furniture with trophy, since more happy should= more % does that make my t4 t5 a good amount return instead of 18-20? will it be 30-38 or 40-45 on a t5? or wil it only maybe be 28-32 ??... [or no matter what happiness increase it wont effect the t5 and lower at all?]

cause to be honest with you when I need to fill up the alliance with t2+ to t5 atleast the labourer is helping me XD with 66 books the labourer are constantly helping me fill it up. have you test those and if you haven't can you since you are ahead of me? [know that the t5 stone= 18-20 with 530 or 539 happyness
    Raising labourer tier together with furniture tier will increase the return on low-tier books as well. Can't say how much, but I see that as one of the only useful aspects that labourers could give nowadays and would love to get my hands on actual numbers.

If anyone can answer how much return you get frmo a full T3 book when using T3, T4, T5, T6, T7 and T8 furniture, I'd be happy. If not, given time I'll make the numbers myself.
  • Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

@Finalhecate

than I want to rewrite my statement and say for the gathering part. I do not know anything about labourer outside of gather that for my guild mate who has it and judge between it as for gather labourer I have all of them and its 6x on each house for 10 house the 11th being a chest.. i.imgur.com/gZWALRG.jpg... now this is what I want to state which is what im testing...

Raising labourer tier together with furniture tier will increase the return on low-tier books as well. Can't say how much, but I see that as one of the only useful aspects that labourers could give nowadays and would love to get my hands on actual numbers.
    If anyone can answer how much return you get frmo a full T3 book when using T3, T4, T5, T6, T7 and T8 furniture, I'd be happy. If not, given time I'll make the numbers myself.

do the math

you know how much you get with your current setup and what % happieness he has. happieness/effectiveness is capped at 150%, meaning it doesnt matter whether your house is t8-furnitured or t5-furnitured, t3-jobs are capped at 150% on both

Happieness is equivalent to furniture-built to furniture-needed.
    t4 labourer need t4 furniture, meaning t4 table+bed would be 100% for them. (happieness-value: 200/200)
    t6 labourer has a higher cap, he can have up to 300/300 happieness(t6-furniture), while for t4 books he only needs 200 happieness. therefore 300/200 is 150% happieness (=also the cap in this case)
    the rest should be simple.
    if he gives you 75 resources@100% for t4-books with t4-furniture, with t6-furniture(and him being t6 for higher happieness-cap) he´ll give you 150% of the usuall amount --> 113 resources.

thats a sweet bonus, but it gets smaller on higher tiers (e.g. t8 base-amount of materials is 9, meaning at 100%, therefore all t8 furniture. t5-furniture, which only gives like 250/400 happieness, makes him work only at 62.5% efficiency (-> he gives you 6 resources)
    therefore the upgrade from t5-furniture to t8-furniture is, at least for t8, pretty much not worth it
  • ZaZii wrote:

Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

@Finalhecate

than I want to rewrite my statement and say for the gathering part. I do not know anything about labourer outside of gather that for my guild mate who has it and judge between it as for gather labourer I have all of them and its 6x on each house for 10 house the 11th being a chest.. i.imgur.com/gZWALRG.jpg... now this is what I want to state which is what im testing...

Raising labourer tier together with furniture tier will increase the return on low-tier books as well. Can't say how much, but I see that as one of the only useful aspects that labourers could give nowadays and would love to get my hands on actual numbers.If anyone can answer how much return you get frmo a full T3 book when using T3, T4, T5, T6, T7 and T8 furniture, I'd be happy. If not, given time I'll make the numbers myself.
    do the math

you know how much you get with your current setup and what % happieness he has. happieness/effectiveness is capped at 150%, meaning it doesnt matter whether your house is t8-furnitured or t5-furnitured, t3-jobs are capped at 150% on both

Happieness is equivalent to furniture-built to furniture-needed.
    t4 labourer need t4 furniture, meaning t4 table+bed would be 100% for them. (happieness-value: 200/200)
    t6 labourer has a higher cap, he can have up to 300/300 happieness(t6-furniture), while for t4 books he only needs 200 happieness. therefore 300/200 is 150% happieness (=also the cap in this case)
    the rest should be simple.
    if he gives you 75 resources@100% for t4-books with t4-furniture, with t6-furniture(and him being t6 for higher happieness-cap) he´ll give you 150% of the usuall amount = 113 resources.

thats a sweet bonus, but it gets smaller on higher tiers (e.g. t8 base-amount of materials is 9, meaning at 100%, therefore all t8 furniture. t5-furniture, which only gives like 250/400 happieness, makes him work only at 62.5% efficiency (-> he gives you 6 resources)
    therefore the upgrade from t5-furniture to t8-furniture is, at least for t8, pretty much not worth it
    This is not true. It's been stated by the devs several times, that upgrading a labourer tier without upgrading furniture will keep giving the same rewards as before the labourer upgrade. The labourer wants better furniture, but keeps giving the same reward for the previous tier as they did before turning "unhappy".
  • ye, i realize now that it sounds a bit confusing, so let me give an example:

t5 labourer in t3-furnitured (whatever-tier-house)
    150/250 bed
    150/250 table
    unimportant/100 trophy

he will be 100% effective for t3 jobs, since as t3-worker he´d be happy (150bed/table needed)
    he´ll be at 75%effectiveness for t4 jobs, since as t4 worker he would want 200 bed/table-value
    he´ll be only 60% satisfied (=unhappy?) for t5-jobs since he needs 250bed/table

t6 labourer in t8-furnitured house:
    t5-work would be at 150% effectiveness (400[t8-furniture-value]/250[t5-requirements]=1.6=150%, cuz cap)
    t6-work would be at 133,33% effectiveness.
    t7-work he cant do because he´s only t6, obviously

so - if it wasnt clear in my previous post:
    the labourer-level isnt important for his effectiveness, it only increases his max. possible work-tier.
    the gain at specific work-tiers therefore scale with the furniture-tier, but capped at 150%

€dit:
    i´m done with explaining stuff that is self-explanatory. just read the numbers in the furniture-description and on the labourer-sheet (his limits) and keep in mind that their happieness (=work effectiveness) is capped at 150%
  • ZaZii wrote:

ye, i realize now that it sounds a bit confusing, so let me give an example:

t5 labourer in t3-furnitured (whatever-tier-house)
    150/250 bed
    150/250 table
    unimportant/100 trophy

he will be 100% effective for t3 jobs, since as t3-worker he´d be happy (150bed/table needed)
    he´ll be at 75%effectiveness for t4 jobs, since as t4 worker he would want 200 bed/table-value
    he´ll be only 60% satisfied (=unhappy?) for t5-jobs since he needs 250bed/table

t6 labourer in t8-furnitured house:
    t5-work would be at 150% effectiveness (400[t8-furniture-value]/250[t5-requirements]=1.6=150%, cuz cap)
    t6-work would be at 133,33% effectiveness.
    t7-work he cant do because he´s only t6, obviously

so - if it wasnt clear in my previous post:
    the labourer-level isnt important for his effectiveness, it only increases his max. possible work-tier.
    the gain at specific work-tiers therefore scale with the furniture-tier, but capped at 150%

€dit:
    i´m done with explaining stuff that is self-explanatory. just read the numbers in the furniture-description and on the labourer-sheet (his limits) and keep in mind that their happieness (=work effectiveness) is capped at 150%
    So in effect, what you're saying is that a T2-job need X happiness, a T3-job needs Y happiness and it's the job tiers rather than the labourer tiers that puts demand on the happiness. I couldn't believe this to be the case based on what I've read so far so I went ahead and tested it, and much to my surprise you are absolutely right.

A T2-furnitured labourer showed me a yield of 81 T2 resources, and a T6-furnitured labourer that was several tiers higher showed exactly the same reward numbers when I showed them the book. I didnt test actually sending them out, but I assume that follows the indication.

I re-read the in-game descriptions of the books and labourers and I still can't find any indication in there that the labourer happiness is in relation to the book tiers at all.

Furniture merely states "will add X happiness".
    Books merely states "fill up, then use to start a job"
    Labourer main says "Got work?", followed by yield numbers when you put in a book.
    Labourer manage page says "you can have max of X, you currently have Y happiness".

There is literally nothing here that states: "Happiness required for Tier X jobs is Y, for Tier Z is N, etc".

Good job at figuring that out, I will no longer give false information to others with regards to this.
  • as the information that he gave I can now finish t6 house and furniture and keep labourer at t6 gathering. even if they reach t7 I will not change the house [unless that increase my labor by one] and I will not go over t6 furniture as there is no reason to go anyhigher FOR ME I mean..... since the farthest ill go is t6 and the return even if they still suck as a gatherer I can atleast get something instead of zero. yet for t7 and the requirement of their book? I will not waste my time. thank for the info. what a weird system to have good job designer ^,^ good job lol
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs