[Mostly Harmless] - Mature, Skilled PVP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Mostly Harmless] - Mature, Skilled PVP

We are currently recruiting 1-2 people who:

1) Gold Standard - Mature, Skilled & Fun (please link your HotS MMR/ranking, or perhaps another MOBA, and a person's written response can often tell us if they are a lazy prima donna who thinks the world revolves around them, or a mature and considerate, team oriented person)
    2) Must be able to wear T7 gear - if you can't wear T7 gear by now, you're probably not playing enough for us to get to know you.
    3) Minimum 500k PVP Fame on the killboards with a positive KDA (exceptions might include GvG team members).
    4) Meta gear sets preferred - e.g., Frost, Glaive, Hammer/QS, Holy/Nature, Crossbow, Clarent/Carrion or Curse.

We won't pretend everything is super organized. We're just here to have fun, but if your looking for a relaxed 2nd family to play with please post on our forums (see below).

Mostly Harmless
    Mature - Skilled - Fun!

PVP Roams - GvGs - PVE

The TLDR?

You are looking for a good team you can rely on and a
    community you can enjoy playing with in Albion and other games.

We are looking for members who meet the ‘Gold Standard’
    - Mature, Skilled, Fun -
    so that we can rely on each other in Albion
    and look forward to other games together.

If this sounds like you
    Sadra & Keltar, our bilingual (English/French) HR Captains,
    will be glad to meet another 'Gold Standard' recruit!

Introduce yourself at:

[Public][General Discussion][Recruitment]

Here’s more information on us
    because when you’re looking for a group to play with
    - or when we’re looking for members -
    “Past Performance is the Best Predictor of Future Performance.”

Primary Play Times - 9 PM to 3 AM EST
    Scheduled Events - Twice Per Week - Many unscheduled pick-up events and Member led events.
    Training Nights - At least once per month we work to train people, though we expect people to have above average skills already.

DISCORD: (connect via our Website, below or go to: discord.gg/qqmhbKS)
    Youtube - Twitch

Mostly Harmless is a competitive multi-game guild actively recruiting players for Albion Online and our community at large.

Our Team

Our members are long time gamers with a great deal of history in MMOs.
    We are looking for individuals who possess the experience and initiative to win with us,
    as well as the maturity and professionalism to enjoy working together as a team.
    Our primary focus is PvP, however our members are exploring all aspects of Albion Online.

Our History

Mostly Harmless was formed from a chunk of the userbase from Condemned [CND] from Guild Wars 2, when there was a rift in guild direction.
    Hardcore no-lifing for 100% efficiency, or playing at a competitive level but still having real lives, and focusing on our community.
    We chose the latter, and so MH was formed.

Our Past Performance:

Articles about us:

Albion Online Guild Spotlight

ESO Tournament Winners:

Battlecry Tournament Winners:

Fun Albion Battles:

Wait I recognize you guys from X game!!No, we're not Mostly Harmless from EVE Online.
    We have members from Negative Ten, Morsus Mihi, CVA, TFT, RA, BoB, PL - All of the known EVE names.
    You might also recognize our name from Wykkyd's UI Framework from ESO.
    We have many members that actively make tools for the games we love to play.
    We are the MH from ESO, ArcheAge and several other games over the past 3+ years.
    Here's a few of us in the EVE Alliance Tournament!

What kind of members can I expect to meet in Mostly Harmless?
    We are from all walks of life.
    From ex-military to licensed MD's to Software/Electrical Engineers to Air Traffic Controllers
    to Game Developers to Therapists to Brokers, there is a place for you to talk shop in MH,
    while killing internet people, of course.

Post here too if you have any questions regarding our gaming community. Good luck and "we'll see you out on the battlefield!"

Mostly Harmless GuildYouTubeTwitch ♦ Sponsored by Mr. Beer & DapperHide

AO ForumYoutube ♦ Sponsored by MrBeer & Dapper Hide

The post was edited 31 times, last by MHRook ().

• November 29th, 2017
    @here

The 'Thanksgiving' Party
    Talking about upcoming games, then playing a group game, then dividing up into some smaller game rooms - thanks for coming! (And here's what you missed if you couldn't make it!)

docs.google.com/document/d/1wp…wsVh2stxlU5wxB4MCRdY/edit

imgur.com/a/2KOjE

Older Fight Videos:

youtu.be/imvxY404jUE - gvg territory fight
    https://youtu.be/HDjx9nn_vcs - fight near relic spawns
    https://youtu.be/h6A8EFVMmrQ - fight against money
    https://youtu.be/ASoKciHxffk - fight against aoe tyrants
    https://youtu.be/aJFriWE7WrQ - vs bonde hybrid
    https://youtu.be/RAtGvZhU7bY - vs brazzukas
    https://youtu.be/o7ryfG2DxYI - vs welfare state
    http://i.imgur.com/uoIn3UM.png - image

The post was edited 3 times, last by MHRook ().

• @CrowMagnum Moved your introduction over here, hope that's okay - responding via PM:

"Okay a quick introduction...let's see.

Region: Midwest (US)

Current games: Albion, Smite, Ark and Star Citizen.

I'm pretty active, been playing mmo's since Everquest, liked most of them, loved a few, but the only one I ever really dedicated a massive amount of time to was Eve Online. I'm looking for Albion to scratch that itch, I'm usually on from around 3pm cst to about 12-1am. Other then that, I'm just a normal dude, I don't have issues getting along with people, not much of a shit talker or hater for that matter. I'm just really looking for a good gaming community to be apart of, the one I was in was a bunch of real life friends, but kids, family and well life in general kinda spread us to the four corners of the US so its not easy to get together like we used to.

Get back to me if you're still looking for more members, in Albion I currently have T5 plate/T4.3 Heavy cloth, 4.2 Polearm and 5.2 Heavy mace as my main set up. I'd love to jump in chat at some point and introduce myself further and answer any other questions you may have, until then have a good one!" - CrowMagnum

• I've been gaming since Ultima Online released and have joined numerous guilds over the years and Mostly Harmless is once of the most balanced groups of people I've ever been a part of.

Most groups seem to veer somewhere between mature but so family friendly you say "Fuck" and you get a 5 minute speech about not using bad language and the other end of the spectrum where it's all about performance and ability but you deal with ego's the size of planets and a dog-eat-dog environment. Mostly Harmless navigates between those two extremes and becomes an environment where the focus is on fun and having a good time but people are still willing to work on and improve themselves individually as players and as a group.

The biggest claim to fame has always been collaboration. Team work is essential in Mostly Harmless. In ESO we had huge mapping projects and skill builder projects that everyone contributed to. In ArcheAge we had organized efforts to build fleets of ships to naval roam with. In Albion this is no different as a game that requires a high amount of collaborative effort to tier up buildings, cover crafting duties and work together as a team to gather resources and of course PvP!

Is Mostly Harmless right for you? We're a mature group with responsibilities but not looking for people who play once in a while. We are always willing to help people learn more details about a game but aren't looking for people who don't understand basic game information. We run a lot of events and look at each of them as training but we don't need people who can't take constructive criticism or never improve. Again we're looking for that somewhere in between.

"I'm only posting on the forums because I'm LP capped in game." -- Kodiak, 2015
    mostly-harmless-guild.com/
  • After running and joining many guilds, and watching many guilds crumble to dust around me, I've found my home with Mostly Harmless.

I've been a member for a couple of years now, and MH just keeps me coming back for more. I have friends here, real friends who I have met for drinks in real life. This isn't a stopover guild that you join until you lose interest in Albion. You join for Albion, sure, but you stay for the next one, and the next one, because you can't see yourself in any other guild.

The leadership structure is dedicated to helping everyone have a good time. They are also great at bringing people together in a meaningful way to complete large tasks, as Kodiak so well mentioned above.

We achieve big things, we have crazy amounts of fun, and we do it all while having a beer or two and navigating family schedules.
  • Although the primary time for events is 9pm - 2am EST, I should point out that some of us play later than that as well as during the mornings. Particularly our crafting folks. The nice thing is this guild all helps each other out and we specialize in our crafts so one person may be the master axe maker while another might be our pumpkin guy. Everyone kind of pitches in how they fit best. Whatever you're favorite style of play, there is usually a place for it in this family. Also, I'm pretty sure we own almost the whole city of Aimsbridge at this point. :D

I've also never been in a guild that is so in touch with the developers. I mean we provide them feedback documents, we test stuff for them in the dev environment before it's even on the test server, we are involved in round table meetings, etc. I have to say, it is a very well respected guild in the community. We even have sponsors and give to charity.

While the PvP videos above are excellent examples of our prowess, I think this "about us" video about the guild is a pretty good showcase of this wonderful community that is MH.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YMPOKnNUU

Clearly, the only thing missing from this thread is a throwback to 1998 with some geocities style flaming text animated GIFs. So to please all of you whome I know came here just for that reason, I say to you BEHOLD....

We'll see YOU, out on the battlefield!
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/3GEaMFz.jpg[/img]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flam ().

• Be part of MH make the game enjoyable to play. MH make you feel so comfortable like a family. They always keep helping member and provide a lot support, training and good information about the game. Every time i log in teamspeak and the game always got someone asking if a i need help or anything. I'm very happy with Mostly Harmless guild.
  • MHRook wrote:

@KimchiBoy

We do try to put a bit more effort into taking care of our healers, support, tanks - we know the game is a little rougher on them, though it looks like the Brutus patch will help with that!
    I know I will most definitely want to test out the new damage on smite. I wonder if it will be possible to solo grind it now? That could be a difference maker in incentives to be a healer.

I like how the description for the guild says "analytical". It seems funny to say that but it's so true. I can't tell you how many times I mention something in TeamSpeak and someone else has already "crunched the numbers". Their are some really smart people in our guild for sure!

PS...why does my sig picture ^ not work in the signature section below? =(
  • Good times last night - just 5 of us on late at night killing elites and hanging out. Certainly not as many people playing these days, but glad we have good people we enjoy playing with. :)

Look forward to meeting some of the new guys that are coming out Sunday night for our PVP event 9 PM EST. Certainly a good way to break the ice is by killing hostiles with new friends. :)

And thanks again Sandbox for the generous Spotlight on our guild:

albiononline.com/en/news/guild-spotlight-harmless

• This guild is wonderful. I first found them during ESO, and they were very organized and helpful back then. We even did some out of game events like playing Cards Against Humanity over a website and voice chat.

If you're looking for a guild that feels like a group of close friends, but still manages to maintain a competitive presence in games they choose to play, this is a great place to start! I also have to say that MH maintains a great amount of professionalism. I've played several games in the past 12-13 years since I've started gaming, been a member of PK guilds like The Presidents in Shadowbane (when they started anyway), and a member of raiding guilds for games like WoW and FFXIV. The thing that makes MH shine in comparison to other guilds I've played with is the ability to be both professional and have a relaxed environment. People aren't really uptight and yelling at others when a mistake is made. Everyone understands that everyone is human, and sometimes we have off nights. They also understand when you maybe have a derpy dog that needs some extra attention so you can't make an event night or two.

Two big thumbs up from one of the guild's friendly crafters. I look forward to meeting any new folks, and getting to know current folks better.
  • Windarie wrote:

This guild is wonderful. I first found them during ESO, and they were very organized and helpful back then. We even did some out of game events like playing Cards Against Humanity over a website and voice chat.

If you're looking for a guild that feels like a group of close friends, but still manages to maintain a competitive presence in games they choose to play, this is a great place to start! I also have to say that MH maintains a great amount of professionalism. I've played several games in the past 12-13 years since I've started gaming, been a member of PK guilds like The Presidents in Shadowbane (when they started anyway), and a member of raiding guilds for games like WoW and FFXIV. The thing that makes MH shine in comparison to other guilds I've played with is the ability to be both professional and have a relaxed environment. People aren't really uptight and yelling at others when a mistake is made. Everyone understands that everyone is human, and sometimes we have off nights. They also understand when you maybe have a derpy dog that needs some extra attention so you can't make an event night or two.

Two big thumbs up from one of the guild's friendly crafters. I look forward to meeting any new folks, and getting to know current folks better.
    Sorry you had to miss out on a bit of fun Sunarie but hope things are well. We did the elite T5 dungeon last night for a change of pace:

Still have our pvp event tonight as well.

• MHRook wrote:

Windarie wrote:

This guild is wonderful. I first found them during ESO, and they were very organized and helpful back then. We even did some out of game events like playing Cards Against Humanity over a website and voice chat.

Sorry you had to miss out on a bit of fun Sunarie but hope things are well. We did the elite T5 dungeon last night for a change of pace:

Still have our pvp event tonight as well.
    This was great. A wonderful way to meet some of the new alliance members last night and tonight!
  • galamakazaba wrote:

dam you guys were so careful with last boss and he is so easy lol. My group just takes both rogues and boss as the same time. You guys got really lucky you didn't pull mage boss though he is 90% of the time connected to those adds
    Yeah it was our first time through the dungeon. Glad conflict is enjoying these fights as well.

• MHRook wrote:

galamakazaba wrote:

dam you guys were so careful with last boss and he is so easy lol. My group just takes both rogues and boss as the same time. You guys got really lucky you didn't pull mage boss though he is 90% of the time connected to those adds
    Yeah it was our first time through the dungeon. Glad conflict is enjoying these fights as well.
    you guys did awesome for that being your first attempt. We were in there farming runes for weeks before we realized you could go around the mage boss haha