Give gatherers a chance.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Give gatherers a chance.

I know some of you think that anyone going home with a load of resources to craft with is cannon fodder and your right. You losers who can't pick a real fight attack us and we have one choice which is to run. We can't fight because if we get off the oxen there is a 15 second lag before we can use our spells. Well how about giving us some armored oxen so that we have a half a chance in hell of getting away. It would even be better if the upper tier oxen have a flee spell. I know most of you bullies that prey on us won't like this idea but really is it fair for us to lose hours worth of gathered resources just because you losers want a couple of pvp points?
    • Veeshan schrieb:

T8 harvester here and i have never died harvesting, play smart and its easy.
      People need to stop complaining and like figure thing out themselfs its easily doable with minimal risks
      This man wins the award of "Adapting and Overcoming". Too many people QQ before they try to figure out a way to do things. Too many people grew up with things handed to them on a silver plate.
    • Raikiri schrieb:

Veeshan schrieb:

People need to stop complaining and like figure thing out themselfs its easily doable with minimal risks
      This man wins the award of "Adapting and Overcoming". Too many people QQ before they try to figure out a way to do things. Too many people grew up with things handed to them on a silver plate.
      I know right, Everyone use to WoW days where everything get handed to them for nothing and didnt have to think to overcome something -.- Kinda annoying that people complain before trying thing to improve......
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Total and complete bullcrap. There is no way you haven't been ganked repeatedly if you harvest T-8. Bottom line you have to take the resources back to town and there are always people waiting at the choke points. Just the fact that you think it is possible to get home safely the majority of the time proves that you don't harvest. I am not asking for anything to be handed to me. I am just asking for a half a chance to get home with my stuff.
      Think about it you are on a ox that moves the speed everyone walks. You can't attack while your on the ox. You can't get off the ox and fight because there is a delay. You can't sprint away. You can't get off the ox and run because of the delay. You are nothing but a sitting duck for anyone and there is always some punk who attacks you just because you can't fight back.
      Honestly you guys who don't even want to give us a escape mechanism are pathetic. You are picking on the helpless and laughing about it. There is something wrong with you. If there is no challenge then what is the point? Ganking someone gathering stuff to make weapons and armor YOU NEED should require some skill not just hiding at the zone waiting for someone to come by.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von feedback ()

• Completely true, pay attention dont go overweight, use a mobile weapon and armor set even if it doesn't do much dmg your not there to fight anyone. if you pay attention u can outrun anyone else that chases you then pop a mount and disapear its realy not that hard.
      If your using an Ox to harvest in a red+ zone ur already asking to die, i kill so many of those on a daily basis but good news is there becoming less and less used so people r either learning or quitting. I tend to call it the Greed tax when i kill those type of peopel i mention it in say before they release so they hopefully learn.
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Completely true, pay attention dont go overweight, use a mobile weapon and armor set even if it doesn't do much dmg your not there to fight anyone. if you pay attention u can outrun anyone else that chases you then pop a mount and disapear its realy not that hard.
      If your using an Ox to harvest in a red+ zone ur already asking to die, i kill so many of those on a daily basis but good news is there becoming less and less used so people r either learning or quitting. I tend to call it the Greed tax when i kill those type of peopel i mention it in say before they release so they hopefully learn.
      Stop telling everyone how to outrun gankers.
    • feedback schrieb:

We can't fight because if we get off the oxen there is a 15 second lag before we can use our spells. Well how about giving us some armored oxen so that we have a half a chance in hell of getting away.

I'm sorry, not trying to be a jerk here, because I understand how frustrated stuff like this, but I have to say: Really??

You're upset that you can't go out into a yellow/red/black and gorge yourself on resources until you're several hundred percent overweight to the point that you need to ride an ox to be able to even move back to town?

I'm sorry if you're too lazy to just gather resources on a horse and use it to ride quickly to the zone exit in the event of trouble.

When I and the people I know go out to red/black zones to gather, we go in, grab the resources we can, dump those that would make us over weight, then mount up and flee to the exit. We don't stroll through the zone on an Ox, like we're casually pushing a shopping cart around our local Walmart.
    • So lets get this straight.
      Your solution to being able to gather resources is to NOT use the tools they give you in the game to do so.
      Why bother even having oxen then?
      The upper level resources are heavy traveling three zones risking death every second to harvest enough materials to make a few items isn't my idea of fun is it yours?
      Well hopefully you punks will eventually chase off all the crafters then where will your game be with nobody to make the weapons and armor that you need?
      You know not everyone likes being in a mega guild. There has to be a way to accommodate more than just the ubber hard core 24/7 players. If they can't find a balance there is no way this game will be successful in the long run.
    • feedback schrieb:

Veeshan schrieb:

Total and complete bullcrap. There is no way you haven't been ganked repeatedly if you harvest T-8. Bottom line you have to take the resources back to town and there are always people waiting at the choke points. Just the fact that you think it is possible to get home safely the majority of the time proves that you don't harvest. I am not asking for anything to be handed to me. I am just asking for a half a chance to get home with my stuff.Think about it you are on a ox that moves the speed everyone walks. You can't attack while your on the ox. You can't get off the ox and fight because there is a delay. You can't sprint away. You can't get off the ox and run because of the delay. You are nothing but a sitting duck for anyone and there is always some punk who attacks you just because you can't fight back.
      Honestly you guys who don't even want to give us a escape mechanism are pathetic. You are picking on the helpless and laughing about it. There is something wrong with you. If there is no challenge then what is the point? Ganking someone gathering stuff to make weapons and armor YOU NEED should require some skill not just hiding at the zone waiting for someone to come by.
      There are potions that leave a lingering slow. Perhaps we should be allowed to consume potions while mounted? (stone skin, lingering slow, maybe more that could help?)
    • feedback schrieb:

So lets get this straight.
      Your solution to being able to gather resources is to NOT use the tools they give you in the game to do so.
      The upper level resources are heavy traveling three zones risking death every second to harvest enough materials to make a few items isn't my idea of fun is it yours?
      Well hopefully you punks will eventually chase off all the crafters then where will your game be with nobody to make the weapons and armor that you need?
      You know not everyone likes being in a mega guild. There has to be a way to accommodate more than just the ubber hard core 24/7 players. If they can't find a balance there is no way this game will be successful in the long run.
      Nah because we will then gather/craft ourselves which I already do so maybe getting rid of the garbo in Albion Online, ones that decide not to think outside of the box in a game.

Yes there is Oxen for moving more stuff then anything else in the game. But there are also horses which moves faster.
      You can either choose to a a slow moving giant or zip in and out of zones quickly after harvesting a single nod for like a minute.

Upper level resources were put into black zones for a reason and that is to promote PvP fighting over nodes.

Also like someone else mentioned in this post "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN BIG GUILDS TO DO STUFF". This game solely relies on how attentive you are to your surroundings. 99% of the games fail because of listening to carebears, and they are cancer to the game. 99% of the games that come out saying we are centered on PvP eventually get dumbed down because the carebears unite and decide to ruin the pvp aspect of every game that's been releasing since 2000.

Think outside of the box for once and take advice from the ones that just told you how to get away. So next time before you complain try and figure out how to find a solution and use that god given brain of yours you twat.
    • feedback schrieb:

No, our solution is to use the provided tools intelligently.

feedback schrieb:

Prior to the laborer nerf, the only time I used an oxen was when I was picking up mats from my 12 laborers and depositing in the appropriate places.

Many people use oxen in green/yellow zones. Some who own territories, use it close to the territory in red/black zones. Others do it when they have enough guild/alliance people to provide protection. Still others use it to "make market" by transporting goods from one market to another without having to pay any fast travel speed. Hell, I always have an ox with me when I try rearranging stuff in my houses (again, pre-laborer nerf) since you never want to be stuck overweight when moving chests and stuff.

There are lots of uses for oxen.

feedback schrieb:

Yeah, it's crazy how heavy they are. It's always a balance of whether I run pie to carry a few extra without being overloaded, or if I stick with HP/DPS food in the event of trouble. Also, do I slot my leather boots with 2.5% run speed for that extra bit of speed, or that just not enough to make a difference, so I might as well slot them with the extra carrying passive?

These are all the great decisions that come into play. Pre-laborer nerf, we also had to balance out the number of books we'd carry into red/black zones to try to fill, with the amount of weight they added, since it would further limit the amount of materials we could safely haul out.

Anyway, if this idea isn't fun for you, maybe you shouldn't be a high-tier gatherer. AO is all about risk and reward. If you don't find the risk of gathering mats in smaller quanities, worth the reward of not having your Walmart shopping cart ganked as you blissfully stroll down the Snacks aisle, then you shouldn't do it.

feedback schrieb:

Us punks? I'm pretty sure that most of the people posting in this thread are other gatherers, not carebear zergers trying to chase down gatherers. Although, honestly, if I saw you in a black zone on an ox, I'd have no choice but to kill you out of sheer principle.
    • feedback schrieb:

Imagine zombies.

I'm talking the super-fast World War Z zombies, not the schlepping George Romero ones. Anyway...red and black zones are zombie hot zones and mats are your cans of beans. Do you plan to drive the family station wagon up to the supermarket, load it up until it can barely move, and then casually drive back to compound? Nossir. You're going to get in, get out and not count your beans until you're back home. Hey, we know that it sucks to get eaten, but maybe your troubles have more to do with planning than anything else.
      Following you. But not on Twitter.
    • You guys call me a Carebare or worse. You say I am trying to ruin the game for you "Hardcore Players".
      The fact of the matter is all I was trying to do was give the gatherers a half of a chance in a bad situation.
      NO though you pussies can't give people a fighting chance they have to be completely helpless before your happy.
      Again I say there has to be something wrong with you mentally if your idea of a good time is to pick on helpless people.
      Honestly the only thing they actually have to change is to get rid of the delay when you dismount. Then at least the gatherer can make a stand and go down like a man. Who knows maybe he will win a fight once in a while. It might even make you punks think twice before you attack someone. But NO you guys can't have that. Give a gatherer a chance in a fair fight? That would require a tiny amount of sportsmanship and obviously you don't know the meaning of the term.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von feedback ()

• feedback schrieb:

You guys call me a Carebare or worse. You say I am trying to ruin the game for you "Hardcore Players".
      The fact of the matter is all I was trying to do was give the gatherers a half of a chance in a bad situation.
      NO though you pussies can't give people a fighting chance they have to be completely helpless before your happy.
      Again I say there has to be something wrong with you mentally if your idea of a good time is to pick on helpless people.
      Honestly the only thing they actually have to change is to get rid of the delay when you dismount. Then at least the gatherer can make a stand and go down like a man. Who knows maybe he will win a fight once in a while. It might even make you punks think twice before you attack someone. But NO you guys can't have that. Give a gatherer a chance in a fair fight? That would require a tiny amount of sportsmanship and obviously you don't know the meaning of the term.
      Sir if you are carrying an ox you won't be able to move period. Stop complaining about stuff that can be prevented you greedy brainless child.