Weapons that become obsolete after unlocking the next tier

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Weapons that become obsolete after unlocking the next tier

Hi some of you may know me as Pond in game,

here is a list of weapons that have completely no use in the game and are only used to level in order to get to a different tier

-single handed dagger
      -battleaxe
      -broadsword (claymore too imo)
      -spear
      -quarterstaff
      -frost staff and great frost staff
      -holy staff is like reverse lol i think they are just gonna have to rework healing altogether

I am not sure if it was intended to have certain tier weapons to simply be worse versions of the highest tier or if they intended to have a strong variety of weapons in the same category.

If we look at for example the cursed staff each tier has its own unique set of abilities

4.0 is picked for single target burst
      4.2 is picked for aoe or armor piercer whilst still having the option to have the single target beam
      4.3 i could still see useful in big zerg fights with its giant heal reduction

As much as I hate the current state of cursed staff it is probably the best example I can see that actually looks and feels like a different weapon for each tier not to mention the different play style and purpose it brings.

I am not sure if the devs plan on reworking the combat again but there is a lot of work to be done. I am in no rush and I love the concept of the current combat but there needs to be some serious polishing and reworking. Hope to see some big changes in the upcoming patches post why you agree or disagree below.
      -pond
    • be4 schrieb:

Hi some of you may know me as Pond in game,

here is a list of weapons that have completely no use in the game and are only used to level in order to get to a different tier

-single handed dagger
      -battleaxe
      -broadsword (claymore too imo)
      -spear
      -quarterstaff
      -frost staff and great frost staff
      -holy staff is like reverse lol i think they are just gonna have to rework healing altogether

I am not sure if it was intended to have certain tier weapons to simply be worse versions of the highest tier or if they intended to have a strong variety of weapons in the same category.

If we look at for example the cursed staff each tier has its own unique set of abilities

4.0 is picked for single target burst
      4.2 is picked for aoe or armor piercer whilst still having the option to have the single target beam
      4.3 i could still see useful in big zerg fights with its giant heal reduction

As much as I hate the current state of cursed staff it is probably the best example I can see that actually looks and feels like a different weapon for each tier not to mention the different play style and purpose it brings.

I am not sure if the devs plan on reworking the combat again but there is a lot of work to be done. I am in no rush and I love the concept of the current combat but there needs to be some serious polishing and reworking. Hope to see some big changes in the upcoming patches post why you agree or disagree below.
      You forgot about nature staff that line sucks pee pee till 4.3.
    • Spear could be useful if the Q got a slight buff or a choice of a different Q and the E got a energy cost reduction.

Atm though there no weapon to go spear over any other basic weapon.

The sprint W should do a slight dmg boost on next to auto attacks aswell imo atm that skill is pretty pointless. Forest of spear take way to much energy aswell for what it does aswell.
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Spear could be useful if the Q got a slight buff or a choice of a different Q and the E got a energy cost reduction.

The sprint W should do a slight dmg boost on next to auto attacks aswell imo atm that skill is pretty pointless. Forest of spear take way to much energy aswell for what it does aswell.
      Just off the top of my head they should just lower the cost of all the spear abilities. Since it does mediocre damage and has bad CC this would sort of bring it in line with everything else as long as you have not light armor on.
    • Raikiri schrieb:

Veeshan schrieb:

Spear could be useful if the Q got a slight buff or a choice of a different Q and the E got a energy cost reduction.

Just off the top of my head they should just lower the cost of all the spear abilities. Since it does mediocre damage and has bad CC this would sort of bring it in line with everything else as long as you have not light armor on.
      Completley agree, like i swear they made spear skills cost so much more energy simply cause the skills have a shitty slow on them (take Sythe for example straight up dmg skill highest in the game and they all take like 6 energy except e) where the moment u add a 8% slow or any CC realy they triple to 4 times the energy cost.
      Also kinda forced to use the 10% energy reduction passive which doesn't relay make a difference anyway. like they may aswell just reduce energy cost by 10% and remove the passive on the spear line anyway cause no one will take the 10% attack speed increase or what not over that energy passive simple due to costs on the weapon skills