4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc. - Numbering Schema Confusion

• 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc. - Numbering Schema Confusion

So I am slightly confused about the numbering schema that people are using in this game.

When people are talking about 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3, are they referring to the various weapon "levels" after T3? 4.1 is the inner ring, 4.2 is the middle ring, and 4.3 is the outer ring? Is there are a 4.4?

If the above assumption is correct, why am I seeing people referring to things like 5.2 and 5.3? What does this mean?

Also, when people have comments like ".1 is good for solo, .2 is good for group, etc." - are they talking about the same thing as 4.1, 4.2, 4.3?

In general, I think Albion needs to come up with a naming convention for the various stages of weapons as this 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 to me is very confusing.

When I initially saw 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 - I thought this was referring to the inner ring and was referring to the various 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 levels of the weapon.

Can someone explain this please??

Thanks.
  • .1, .2 , .3 is outer ring
    the number in front like 4.1 , 5.1 , 6.1 is inner ring like u said reffering to various 1/10 , 2/10 , 3/10..
    .1 weapon mostly is single target dats y only good for solo, .2 and .3 mostly have aoe ; means good for grouping but for solo play also better than .1 bcz better overall dps
    sry for stupid grammar
  • It directly refers to the item:

When people say ".1 is good for solo, .2 is good for group, etc." they generally refer to the inner/middle/outer rings, but this can become very confusing once enchantments (.4, .5, .6) come into play.

Foosh wrote:

When I initially saw 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 - I thought this was referring to the inner ring and was referring to the various 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 levels of the weapon.
    Masteries are different from subtiers. For example: Mastery 3 unlocks Tier 6 on the inner ring, Tier 6.2 on the middle ring and Tier 6.3 on the outer ring.
  • There is not a such thig as T4.1 just T4 , T4.2 ,T T4.3 (number after dot is total number of dots under item)

So basicly you than have T2 - T8 , T4.2 - T8.2 , T4.3 - T8.3 and then enchanted gear starting as T5.4 , T5.5 and T5.6 and so on
    Member & Officier of pYco guild - Join us! Here
    I'm not forum Moderator and im not working for SI. I'm forum user as U. If I can help you then I will.
  • I'll try to clarify some parts of this by adding a few facts:

1) Tiers range from 1 to 8, sub tiers range from x.1 to x.6
    2) When talking about equipment, the x.1 and x.4 is the inner ring, the x.2 and x.5 is the middle ring and x.3 and x.6 is the outer ring.
    3) When talking about equipment, the x.4 is an enchanted x.1 while x.5 is enchanted x.2 and x.6 is an enchanted x.3.
    4) All weapons that is x.1 and x.4 is currently one-handed. All weapons of other subtiers are two handed.
    5) Equipment have a power level roughly their tier + sub tier, so T4.1 = 5, T5.3 = 8. (there are some overlap and inconsistencies).
    6) For almost all weapons and armor, the x.3 and x.6 subtiers are the most powerful and for endgame only x.6 seem to matter.
    7) For materials, the x.1 is common, x.2 is uncommon, x.3 is rare, x.4 is exceptional, x.5 is legendary and x.6 is mythical.
  • Elsa wrote:

Masteries are different from subtiers. For example: Mastery 3 unlocks Tier 6 on the inner ring, Tier 6.2 on the middle ring and Tier 6.3 on the outer ring.
    I've gotten the hang of almost all aspects of the current system, but the enchantents and how to unlock them still eludes me. Could you elaborate further on this topic, please?
  • assasin172 wrote:

There is not a such thig as T4.1 just T4 , T4.2 ,T T4.3 (number after dot is total number of dots under item)

So basicly you than have T2 - T8 , T4.2 - T8.2 , T4.3 - T8.3 and then enchanted gear starting as T5.4 , T5.5 and T5.6 and so on
    For consistency, a large group of players have collectively decided to call the Tx as either Tx.0 or Tx.1 when the item do not show the subtier. I prefer Tx.1 instead of Tx.0, but they seem to be used interchangably.
  • Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

I've gotten the hang of almost all aspects of the current system, but the enchantents and how to unlock them still eludes me. Could you elaborate further on this topic, please?

You start unlocking enchanted gear at Mastery 5:

MasteryInner RingMiddle RingOuter Ring
    58 & 5.48.2 & 5.58.3 & 5.6
  • Thank you all for the quick replies. I think I may be slowly getting it... but would like to verify using the frost weapon line.

When people are referring to .1, .2, .3, does this refer to:

.1 = frost staff
    .2 = great frost staff
    .3 = glacial staff

is this correct? And .4, .5, .6 is just the enchanted version of the above respectively?

I'm still a bit confused about 4.1, 4.2, 4.3. When I say 4.3 in relation to the frost line, what does this mean?

@Jonathan_Silverblood - would you be able to take your explanations, which were very detailed - thank you, and use them in relation to the frost line? Still not clear on what 4.3, 4.4, 5.2, etc. refers to. A few examples would help.
  • Foosh wrote:

6.2 is tier 6 great frost staff?
    6.3 is tier 6 glacial staff?
    Yes.

Foosh wrote:

If this is the case, how do you reference the various "dots" on the items? Would this be something like Expert 6.3 or Adept 6.3? Or 6.3.3 meaning, Tier 6 glacial staff with 3 dots??.....
    You're already referring to a Tier 6 Glacial Staff by saying 6.3

Look it up on the destiny board, or the table I posted above ;)