What's your solo setup?

• What's your solo setup?

Curious to hear what's working for you and how you play it.

Personally I'm using .1 curse, torch, blink, defenseless rush and refreshing sprint (cooldown). Works pretty well with descecrate (root) to catch people, but doesn't have the best damage output if another mage or bow/xbow user fights back.

What's yours?
  • Hello

As a merchant, I rock 4 shops, wear t5 epic full plate with epic 2hd GREAT Hammer, my gathering and refining skills are maxed, 0/0 for death/kills. I can skin a bunny in .003ms

Gib
    Community Humane Resource Manager for "AHTE"
    Albion's Humane Treatment of Errants
    Report any gross violations or abuse of the underprivileged in the world of Albion, help make this a better world!
  • For solo ganking I use all medium leather

Defensless rush
    Fadeout
    Rush

And claws.
    Ez kills unless they decide to fight back then i have to actually think (which really just involves using my fadeout at the right time to counter/prevent their weapons big ability)

Note: Light chest would be better for this build but I hated the way it looked lol

But normally I use a different setup because as I got deeper into the game I learned that a good solo setup isn't the same as a good role setup
  • .3 med helm - def-rush
    .3 light chest - ice block
    .3 light boots - CD reduction sprint
    .3 x-bow - Calthrops

Works very well. 1 v 1 you can kill / kite anything atm (except some scyth builds due to their broken range).

Ice block shuts down popular burst builds completely. (Claws burst completely negated / death curse negated/ removes stacks for daggers/ and allows you to avoid big hits from others if timed well).

Calthrops is in general the death of all melee.

This builds weaknesses are stuns (breaking your ice block) / getting piled.

Once you have 3+ people on you you just die unless you can magically land your calthrops on all of them (which never happens).

The build strengths are massive ST damage / ability to kite well / good mobility.
  • Heavy cloth elm - shield - hp bonus
    light leather chest - blink - atk damage bonus
    heavy cloth shoes - def sprint - hp bonus
    warbow

makes u kinda hard to kill if people decide to focus since you can kite and use ur spells defencively for when they use gap closers and cc on u, while also gives u enough damage to deal good dps if ignored. regular bow has better dps but doesnt have the magnificent magic arrow.
  • HAIZED wrote:

6.2 Master's Great cursed staff x2 One with Cursed beam and one with Desecrate
    Heavy expert's cloth Hood HP bonus and Emergency Heal
    Medium Expert's Plate Chest 5% Run speed and Vanish
    Light expert's Leather shoes 5% Damage Boost with Energy sprint.

Works great for me so far.
    Similar to mine except I run 5.1, rush and blink.

Curious why you take 5.2 over 6.1 as a solo?
    Armitage Guild | Recruiting | NA/EU | Active PvP | Active Community |
  • Grouch wrote:

HAIZED wrote:

Ive experimented with cruse alot. Pre / post nerf. Pre-nerf .1 curse had the damage to down 2 people solo before running completely OOM. Post nerf your lucky to kill one guy (in heavy chest) before your exhausted. The root chunks like 30 mana a cast leaving you defenseless after 2 root cycles.
    The .2 and .3 staff's have a mana return proc on actions which helps out alot with this.
    Also death curse is extremely easy to counter. Ice block / chest cleans / helm reflect all shut down your burst.
  • Grouch wrote:

HAIZED wrote:

5.1 has low dps and yeah its easy to counter.
    also the mana and health ability proccs are great not to mention 5.2 is more dps.
  • Farming wrote:

.3 med helm - def-rush
    .3 light chest - ice block
    .3 light boots - CD reduction sprint
    .3 x-bow - Calthrops

Works very well. 1 v 1 you can kill / kite anything atm (except some scyth builds due to their broken range).

Ice block shuts down popular burst builds completely. (Claws burst completely negated / death curse negated/ removes stacks for daggers/ and allows you to avoid big hits from others if timed well).

Calthrops is in general the death of all melee.

This builds weaknesses are stuns (breaking your ice block) / getting piled.

Once you have 3+ people on you you just die unless you can magically land your calthrops on all of them (which never happens).

The build strengths are massive ST damage / ability to kite well / good mobility.
    Halberd
    .3 medium armor/ Def Rush/Fadeout/120%run speed boots

Physically impossible to kite, Easily able to catch up to any mount that enter your screen then kill (Below tier 6 or Warhorses) Tier 7 is doable but rather hard if there smart

High mobility so dont die often to zergs coming in unless you engage them thinking there one and then get CCed to death assuming your Fadeout gets CCed again.