The android version of albion

• The android version of albion

Hey guys,

I did love it to see that this game is going cross platform!
    How ever, i did install the game on my galaxy s6, and did run it for 7 minutes.. when i noticed that my phone gets insanely HOT!
    This can damage the phone if you don't notice it or ignore it.
    I hope they can fix this , and also the reoulution option in the settings need to be refined.

Grts
  • This wont damage ur phone, phone gets hot because of the massive use in battery (which caused by the massive use of CPU, graphics chip, etc)
    every decent smart phone knows how to protect itself if such things get too hot for its own sake. I highly doubt the developers can do anything about it since the game is running the same unity version as the PC, I would recommend lowering ur settings in-game to the lowest(what im doing) for maximum batter reserve!

Also the developers said they will not support mobiles but only tablets with a 7' screen minimum(kind of unfortunate really)
  • Crapy wrote:

This wont damage ur phone, phone gets hot because of the massive use in battery (which caused by the massive use of CPU, graphics chip, etc)
    every decent smart phone knows how to protect itself if such things get too hot for its own sake. I highly doubt the developers can do anything about it since the game is running the same unity version as the PC, I would recommend lowering ur settings in-game to the lowest(what im doing) for maximum batter reserve!

Also the developers said they will not support mobiles but only tablets with a 7' screen minimum(kind of unfortunate really)
    game settings dont afect gameplay. 99% tablets have weaker CPU&GPU than flag model from 2015. There is no diffrence betwen 6.0 phablet and 7.0 tablet. Android client is crap at moment. They need huge optimization.

Pick my ref! Get Gold :D [url]https://albiononline.com/?ref=575ZRY963L[/url]
  • Albion online for tablets / mobiles is worst idea, which can ever meet this game. and probably if denveloper not stop working on this version, it can seriously damage whole game.
    Denveloper shoud start to think about this as fast as possible.

just few reasons:

connectivity always trought wifi or mobile provider = bad delay
    touch screens = covering by fingers, increased delay by screen
    low resolution = problems with interface, buttons, fonts,
    weak CPU GPU = next delay, unplaylable in high pvp load, longer loading
    2 gb RAM = unstable, not usable for new comming content (players asking for)
    etc, etc ..

Conclusion: I WILL NOT PLAY WITH SOMEONE IN PVE, PVP GROUP, WHICH IS TRYING TO HIT HIS CRAPY DISPLAY IN THE TRAIN OR BUS IN THE TUNEL WITHOUT SIGNAL !
  • Jazzmax wrote:

Albion online for tablets / mobiles is worst idea, which can ever meet this game. and probably if denveloper not stop working on this version, it can seriously damage whole game.

just few reasons:

etc, etc ..

Conclusion: I WILL NOT PLAY WITH SOMEONE IN PVE, PVP GROUP, WHICH IS TRYING TO HIT HIS CRAPY DISPLAY IN THE TRAIN OR BUS IN THE TUNEL WITHOUT SIGNAL !
    This is not a problem for high end devices. I dont know where do you live but in my country you can have LTE, there is no delay. This game dont have ultra AAA graphic and current mobile tablets have enough power to run this game. I runed with zerg od 30 ppł on nexus 6 with average 20 FPS. Snapdragon 805, 3 GB RAM. Im sure that i could get even 50 FPS IF the game would be optimized.

• Nieskalany wrote:

Crapy wrote:

This wont damage ur phone, phone gets hot because of the massive use in battery (which caused by the massive use of CPU, graphics chip, etc)

game settings dont afect gameplay. 99% tablets have weaker CPU&GPU than flag model from 2015. There is no diffrence betwen 6.0 phablet and 7.0 tablet. Android client is crap at moment. They need huge optimization.
    game settings don't affect gameplay? Are u high? There is quite the difference between tablets and "phablets" as I have played on my galaxy tab and it wont heat it AT ALL for some reason(might be because its resolution is lower than my 4K phone ><), right now after lowering the resolution thanks to the new update and lowering all the settings battery drain is quite low (I can play for hours), and it wont heat up(atleast not more than it would on a normal use in such long periods of time).
  • Jazzmax wrote:

Albion online for tablets / mobiles is worst idea, which can ever meet this game. and probably if denveloper not stop working on this version, it can seriously damage whole game.

just few reasons:

etc, etc ..

touchscreen part is wrong, I play it on my windows tablet and have no problem with lag or fingers in the way. 2gb of ram is plenty, I am running on a winbook tw802 and I am not dealing with lag. The processor isn't the best either with a 1.3 GHz quad core atom, no delay, very playable no matter how many people are on screen, and loading only took a second or two. How would you know if they were on mobile in-game? Your whole argument is wrong, WiFi has become very trustworthy for online play. I generally get 100 ping while streaming a show. My overall experience going from an i5 with 8gb of ram to an Intel atom with 2gb of ram is that I obviously got better fps on the i5 but game play and smoothness of the game I can't tell a difference from my desktop and tablet
  • tablets and phones are not devices for playing serious games. If ppl wanna serious game, this game must be designed for desktop systems based on win, linux, mac etc ...
    Try to think all "phone/tablets" guys, why realy good games will never run on phones/tablets ..
    On tablets there are 95% of bullshit games, games very similar to facebook bullshits.

Im realy starting afraid how will this game looks at final release.
  • Jazzmax wrote:

tablets and phones are not devices for playing serious games. If ppl wanna serious game, this game must be designed for desktop systems based on win, linux, mac etc ...
    Try to think all "phone/tablets" guys, why realy good games will never run on phones/tablets ..
    On tablets there are 95% of bullshit games, games very similar to facebook bullshits.

A modern tablet has several orders of magnitude more processing power and similar storage capity compared to the strongest of gaming setups used to play World of Warcraft when it was new. The real constraint on phones and tablets are network speed and storage capacity, as they're designed to work with speeds of the telephony network and store only small amounts of data. This is changing though, and in a couple of years you can expect that tablets, laptops and phones are similar in capacity and the only remaining contstraint will be the user input.
  • Crapy wrote:

Nieskalany wrote:

Crapy wrote:

game settings don't affect gameplay? Are u high? There is quite the difference between tablets and "phablets" as I have played on my galaxy tab and it wont heat it AT ALL for some reason(might be because its resolution is lower than my 4K phone ><), right now after lowering the resolution thanks to the new update and lowering all the settings battery drain is quite low (I can play for hours), and it wont heat up(atleast not more than it would on a normal use in such long periods of time).
    Yes ITS buged man. Even od you change ingame resolution / effects to low you will not get more FPS. Only force method works by third party programs. Im not talking about heat, whats matter is FPS.

• Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

tablets and phones are not devices for playing serious games. If ppl wanna serious game, this game must be designed for desktop systems based on win, linux, mac etc ...

A modern tablet has several orders of magnitude more processing power and similar storage capity compared to the strongest of gaming setups used to play World of Warcraft when it was new. The real constraint on phones and tablets are network speed and storage capacity, as they're designed to work with speeds of the telephony network and store only small amounts of data. This is changing though, and in a couple of years you can expect that tablets, laptops and phones are similar in capacity and the only remaining contstraint will be the user input.
    Im not talking only about FPS .. if you for example still dont believe, just try to imagine .. the tablets/phones doesnot have mouse, keyboard. (this is just small example)
    I have never see a game on tablet/phone comparable to desktop games.
    and what about handling ? you wanna compare keyboard / mouse with unconfortable little touch screen ?
  • Jazzmax wrote:

Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

Im not talking only about FPS .. if you for example still dont believe, just try to imagine .. the tablets/phones doesnot have mouse, keyboard. (this is just small example)I have never see a game on tablet/phone comparable to desktop games.
    and what about handling ? you wanna compare keyboard / mouse with unconfortable little touch screen ?
    For all but PvP, I'm much more comfortable using a touchscreen than I am a mouse and keyboard. There is numerous hybrid laptops/tablets today with big screens, multitouch and low-latency responstimes. the key point is, the game has to be designed for the target hardware, which albion does quite a poor job of, since it mixes UX between platforms in a way that only makes each and every platform worse off.

Believe it or not, there are things that a touchscreen does better than a keyboard and mouse, and there are things a gamepad does better than those as well. If you develop your game to take advantage of those values, then some game patterns will work out just fine, while others will be ill-suited.
  • Nieskalany wrote:

Crapy wrote:

Nieskalany wrote:

Crapy wrote:

Yes ITS buged man. Even od you change ingame resolution / effects to low you will not get more FPS. Only force method works by third party programs. Im not talking about heat, whats matter is FPS.
    For a second there THINK if the phone's battery dries out slower and it barely heats compared to it when its on higher settings clearly it uses less power, i'd imagine theres a bottleneck thing here (say maybe the graphics card is limiting it or etc).
  • Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

Im not talking only about FPS .. if you for example still dont believe, just try to imagine .. the tablets/phones doesnot have mouse, keyboard. (this is just small example)I have never see a game on tablet/phone comparable to desktop games.and what about handling ? you wanna compare keyboard / mouse with unconfortable little touch screen ?
    For all but PvP, I'm much more comfortable using a touchscreen than I am a mouse and keyboard. There is numerous hybrid laptops/tablets today with big screens, multitouch and low-latency responstimes. the key point is, the game has to be designed for the target hardware, which albion does quite a poor job of, since it mixes UX between platforms in a way that only makes each and every platform worse off.
    Believe it or not, there are things that a touchscreen does better than a keyboard and mouse, and there are things a gamepad does better than those as well. If you develop your game to take advantage of those values, then some game patterns will work out just fine, while others will be ill-suited.

I have 10" tablet I know how it work. When I wanna write something the virtual keyboard pop up and cover 2/3 of display. When I wanna click something, I dont see exactly where Im clicking because fingers and hands covering display. Ppl buyning expensive game keyboards, expensive high DPI mouses, big HD screens to have confortabe immersive playing and "you" wanna play the same game on mobile with 5.5 touch screen... OMG this is joke !! Look at profesional players,, who play with gamepad or touchscreen ? They all have combination mouse / keyboard, doesnot matter if its strategy or first person shooter or whatever else.

how I sad in post above.. I WILL NOT PLAY WITH SOMEONE IN PVE, PVP GROUP, WHICH IS TRYING TO HIT HIS CRAPY DISPLAY IN THE TRAIN OR BUS IN THE TUNEL WITHOUT SIGNAL !

and if quality of desktop versions (PC, Mac, Linux platform) will be decreased because phones/tablets, I will ask for refund
  • Jazzmax wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

Jazzmax wrote:

Im not talking only about FPS .. if you for example still dont believe, just try to imagine .. the tablets/phones doesnot have mouse, keyboard. (this is just small example)I have never see a game on tablet/phone comparable to desktop games.and what about handling ? you wanna compare keyboard / mouse with unconfortable little touch screen ?
    For all but PvP, I'm much more comfortable using a touchscreen than I am a mouse and keyboard. There is numerous hybrid laptops/tablets today with big screens, multitouch and low-latency responstimes. the key point is, the game has to be designed for the target hardware, which albion does quite a poor job of, since it mixes UX between platforms in a way that only makes each and every platform worse off.Believe it or not, there are things that a touchscreen does better than a keyboard and mouse, and there are things a gamepad does better than those as well. If you develop your game to take advantage of those values, then some game patterns will work out just fine, while others will be ill-suited.
    I have 10" tablet I know how it work. When I wanna write something the virtual keyboard pop up and cover 2/3 of display. When I wanna click something, I dont see exactly where Im clicking because fingers and hands covering display. Ppl buyning expensive game keyboards, expensive high DPI mouses, big HD screens to have confortabe immersive playing and "you" wanna play the same game on mobile with 5.5 touch screen... OMG this is joke !! Look at profesional players,, who play with gamepad or touchscreen ? They all have combination mouse / keyboard, doesnot matter if its strategy or first person shooter or whatever else.

how I sad in post above.. I WILL NOT PLAY WITH SOMEONE IN PVE, PVP GROUP, WHICH IS TRYING TO HIT HIS CRAPY DISPLAY IN THE TRAIN OR BUS IN THE TUNEL WITHOUT SIGNAL !

and if quality of desktop versions (PC, Mac, Linux platform) will be decreased because phones/tablets, I will ask for refund
    Then you might want to just go ahead and ask for that refund, while I will grind some low-tier resources and craft a bit on the go.