Albion lacks... a soul. It's like crawling through a desert of never ceasing fights for eternity.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Exodus. wrote:

Runescape's old login screen song owns all, but yeah i agree music would be cool for grinding in safe locations, but also you really do need to hear for enemies., so i would just turn it off in red and black zones.

Also, when at guild warfare! Thats where i would miss music the most.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • I bought an xbox one, halo master chief collection and Halo 5. Only to play an FPS with the most epic soundtracks, while i slaughter my enemies. Also the entire Halo series has a great storyline, but the music is the best part in halo.

I don't understand how a game developer can make a game without its own soundtracks...
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • As a gamer who got their start in the 80's I don't get too excited about flashy graphics or visual effects. After all, once you see them a hundred times they lose their charm no matter how cool they are but I do agree they add to the general immersion of the game as well as you're first impressions.

Graphically this game isn't bad nor is it really good either. This is probably another intentional side effect of catering to the hand-held demographic. Most players can overlook sub-par graphics and sound if the game play is really good but, there is only so much immersion that can cover up boring and/or frustrating game play. I just really wish they would add more dynamic content...Special resource spawns, special mobs or even whole instanced dungeons you can stumble upon and only you can enter, more things dropping from monsters, spicier dungeons etc. Fortunately it seems the devs are listening since some of these things are slated to be added to the game....Hopefully sooner than later....
  • The surprising to me is why all cities look identical? Why there are no differences in zones. Like even minecraft has biomes. Come on! And yea absolutely agree with topic creator. BeefSupreme, hi5 man! Been playing since nintendo 8bit. Honest, music is very important, I can bet that all UO fans are are having so vivid memories every time they hear Britt midi theme or Minoc ;)
  • Love Kirby's thoughts.

Id play this game more if it had these points in the game.

Lore is required. the game feels empty. i want to be running, along the path and see a burnt out building, and as i explore the ashes i find a singed book with a story/diary of the owner.

Music is Key as well. i know it costs money. but having a basic sting instrument score, adds alot!

• I kinda understand the OP-s point. Just a few ideas from the top of my head:

-Treasure hunt. Sometimes mobs drop "treasure maps" that can be opened, and they reveal something like "there is a hidden treasure 3 maps away". Only with the treasure map can you see it. Something like this was in Darkfall, and Eve-s discovery missions.
    - Weather that actually affects the gameplay. Rain? Frost magic is stronger, fire is weaker. Sunny day? The opposite. Night? Curse magic is stronger. Day? Melee is stronger.
    - Super-strong monsters appear on the maps sometimes. In green, they take 1-2 people, yellow 3-5 people, red+ 10+ people. They reward incredible riches. Supermonsters appear on the world map, so one can spot where they are currently, probably making the zone a PvP hotspot.
    - "Enchanting" profession that adds passive bonuses to stuff. "Jewellery" profession that creates Amulets.
    - Temporary buffs for parts of zones. Like a part of the zone becomes "blessed" for half an hour or an hour, fame gains are increased in this blessed territory. This would create another PvP hotspot to fight on.
    - more Unique terrains. Deserts, where there are mostly rocks and ores, not one tree or bush. Swamps, that have a lot of trees and bushes, but nothing else. A city next to a few Desert tiles might have very inexpensive stones, so trades can buy stones here, and sell them in cities that are next to swamps.

BTW Hellrifts are a good step towards the right direction. Random, PVP included, etc.
  • I completely agree. The game feels like a template: like a base level of a game with no flourish.

The great sandbox games all had unique styles. UO felt like an medieval world. It didn't feel constructed but rather like a vibrant place filled with unique cities that were very large, filled with player homes, and had unique attractions. Eve is a space game, space is VAST NOTHINGNESS, and even it achieves personality with differing systems and player ability to make their space their own.

This game needs unique maps, unique NPCs, events, CUSTOMIZABLE MAPS/TERRITORIES, etc.

Imagine if you controlled a red territory and could influence what/how much spawned and could make your territory truly unique. Things like that give games a personality.

As of now this game feels like a an unfleshed out idea. The idea itself might be good but you need to give it more to make it reality.
  • Kuhal wrote:

I completely agree. The game feels like a template: like a base level of a game with no flourish.

The great sandbox games all had unique styles. UO felt like an medieval world. It didn't feel constructed but rather like a vibrant place filled with unique cities that were very large, filled with player homes, and had unique attractions. Eve is a space game, space is VAST NOTHINGNESS, and even it achieves personality with differing systems and player ability to make their space their own.

This game needs unique maps, unique NPCs, events, CUSTOMIZABLE MAPS/TERRITORIES, etc.

Imagine if you controlled a red territory and could influence what/how much spawned and could make your territory truly unique. Things like that give games a personality.

As of now this game feels like a an unfleshed out idea. The idea itself might be good but you need to give it more to make it reality.
    Tablets ruined this games ability to be good.
  • This is a great post and really refreshing after reading all the complaints about trying to make the game easier or what the devs did wrong this time.

Honestly I've never really noticed the lack of soul in the game because the whole reason I got into this game was for politics, strategy, pvp and player interaction.. that being said, now that it's been brought to my attention I really do want zones/continents to differ based on geograhpical location so I can really FEEL like I'm traveling from a yellow zone to a red zone to a black zone as the zones begin to slowly transition darker and darker rather than being in another redzone clone then *BOOP* I'm in a blackzone where tree's forgot how to grow leaves.
    I also don't travel to the West continent much but when I do I'd love to FEEL like I'm somewhere far and different than the places I'm used to.

I have been saying this for a long time in other mmo's and I feel like all mmo's REQUIRE a "Tavern" or something where you can go and just hang out, play mini game, gamble silver, spectate duels/arena fights whatever... the grind is long and boring in this game, I don't always feel like being producting and/or pvp'ing and/or duel. Sometimes I just want to sit back and be entertained without breaking immersion. Right now for that all we have is "stand in town n chat with people"

I think this game has hella potential and I'm here for the long haul. I'm hoping (and believing) that the devs are too.