Road to Release

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• You are locking those new players who will come with F2P. I mean they wont be able create a guild that will be in top list. This is p2w no chance of lead to top list for f2p players as a guild. We will see same guild names at the release and and the end of the game.

just dont release the game till you decide it to become f2p, i understand your worries about money and want this game to live long. but no please. you are discouraging f2p players. This will effect the game population, me and anyone
    short timed passenger
  • DMXTRON schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

With the addition of the criminal system are there any plans for chaos cities? A place where solo red players can still bank and have an Island? or will they need to join a clan and live in a clan zone? When I say chaos city I mean a city or outpost with no guards that you can use.
    Hi DMXTRON,

without telling too much already, there will of course be cities that you can live in even with a very bad reputation.

We will do a dev blog on the reputation system a bit further down the road. We have thought long and hard about this for a long time and believe to have a found a solution that has all the pros and pretty much none of the cons that these systems bring with them.

All the best,
    Korn
  • Curry schrieb:

I am sorry to break it for you, but the game wil NEVER be ready. It's an MMO, which means it's lifespan is indefinite and it will always be changing.

Historically speaking however, SBI isn't exactly known for their small changes. Often times when they want to "re-examine a system" they end up coming up with an entirely new system that has virtually zero compatibility and usually only vaguely resembles the old system in place. A great example is the recent Fame changes they made to both Combat and Crafting. When they condensed the refining into a single node on the destiny board it polevaulted some people super far ahead and some people jumped from being able to refine T5 to being able to refine T8.

So given the huge number of planned changes before release, which when you total them up basically amount to redoing the entire game from scratch (items, fame, crafting, resources, gathering, farming, armor balance, weapon balance, etc are all getting an overhaul) in addition to the feature creep on top of that (Fishing? A karma system for people who can't get over a nearly 2 decades old game?) and truthfully the decision not to release makes sense since the potential, given the developer's history, to really destroy their released game with these level of changes and potentially bad implementations of new systems.

Now whether or not the game will survive a 6-8 month beta period with another wipe coming is an entirely other matter. So far this is the longest ongoing beta period for Albion to date. In past cases activity drops off immensely after week 2 of the game. The $30 package players are keep things going pretty good in terms of activity for now, but with a planned wipe coming it's likely going to lead to some drop off. I wouldn't be surprised if people treat the next wipe as their private launch of the game and then simply quit when they wipe progress again at the August release. A lot of that will be determined by what other product alternatives are out there and what steps the Devs take during that time. Right now there's virtually no competing products out at this stage. In eight months a lot can happen and who knows what other competing products are going into action at that time.

Personally I'm hoping they quickly decide and settle on a progression system, which is really the core of any MMO game, avoid any kind of sledgehammer balancing they're renown for, and add those QOL features before starting to implement those ideas virtually no one asked for but they seem hell bent on adding.

"I'm only posting on the forums because I'm LP capped in game." -- Kodiak, 2015
    mostly-harmless-guild.com/
  • Korn schrieb:

DMXTRON schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

With the addition of the criminal system are there any plans for chaos cities? A place where solo red players can still bank and have an Island? or will they need to join a clan and live in a clan zone? When I say chaos city I mean a city or outpost with no guards that you can use.
    Hi DMXTRON,
    without telling too much already, there will of course be cities that you can live in even with a very bad reputation.

We will do a dev blog on the reputation system a bit further down the road. We have thought long and hard about this for a long time and believe to have a found a solution that has all the pros and pretty much none of the cons that these systems bring with them.

All the best,
    Korn
    Awesome news, Thanks for the reply. Happy new years!
  • CalKC schrieb:

QueenVirgo schrieb:

Happy about extending test 'til August 1st. That's amazing.

Sad about no F2P, how will I ever get my broke UO friends to join? lol

YAY REPAIR ALL BUTTON. Now, can we get some repair pots for dungeon runs ;)
    How are they broke almost 17 years later? Maybe they need to make better choices if $15/mo is going to kill them.
    There is no $15 a month here ....

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” - Poe
  • Really like the outlined roadmap and the time extension, who is in for the long haul is most likely to wait I hope.

I hope to see:
    - A more varied weapon/armor system, you can keep the tier system, but needs to make sense to newbies and possibly have alternative items craftable through tier specific blueprints very rare found in the world with different abilities, you need to give high tiers crafters ways to be unique and gain special skills that give them an edge within the economic system and be able to craft special items that only few can do.
    - A serious land auction system that makes sense in the real world, including the way auction works, the ownership and land distribution over time, no to server breaking land rush or losing ownership due to re-auction, do not leave everything up to grabs at launch but implement an auction distribution where each city has its own local government and auction plan board, areas around the city could be attachments with small villages and portion of lands people can use to build user defined building
    - More realistic travelling companion system like the ox discussion dismount and animal roaming on its own, possibly pets with additional functions really loved by the masses
    - Hopefully a decent crime system, I have various idea but I want to see how you are going to approach things first, overall I hope that the game will balance evil and good, I believe a proper sandbox oriented game needs to balance things to work well, give the tools and rewards for good folks to police the lands, pkers should think twice before attacking yet still have relevant rewards.
    - While this is a pvp oriented game, I hope you get time to introduce more sandbox oriented systems to create a more living experience and more things to do overall
    - I hope you can rework the destiny board into something more streamlined and modular with scrolling, yes the destiny board feels more unique than many others mmo but its difficult to navigate for many users, so whatever tier based system you introduce along the way, you can also add without reorganising spaces in the board UI, easier to navigate if you design it well

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von OneTyper ()

• Introduce an Ultima Online inspired Reputation and Crime System for yellow and red zones

Okay we have to wait 30 sec to open pvp to kill someone, even if we get punished by numbers how many guy we killed. This would feel terrible. At least let us attack instantly and remove activating pvp mode.

or just find alternative ways. this is not UO this is albion online, make your new alternative ways to deal with pk. Natural ways pref. make population inside red zones. People who trade in red zones lives in red zones.(i dont mean cities. i dont know why we dont have unsafe villages or kind small populated areas in red zones) This is just the time to make this. You are saying you will rework MAPS and expand it significantly.
    short timed passenger
  • Korn schrieb:

Hi DMXTRON,

All the best,
    Korn
    Can't wait to hear the details!

There hasn't been a system to date that can't be exploited.

"I'm only posting on the forums because I'm LP capped in game." -- Kodiak, 2015
    mostly-harmless-guild.com/
  • All I can see is vague list of what people tend to complain about, vague intention of you doing "something" and mindless zerg praising changes they don't know anything about.

Ever since I joined up the game mechanics have gone downwards, from what I hear it was like that a bit before. I find it very hard to trust SBI anymore. Stop trying to please mindless immersive folk and play the game instead.
  • GREAT news! And anyone who disagrees has no idea that their opinion would destin this game for failure. Thank you for listening to the feedback of this community, Sandbox!

The only thing I would like added is an auto-run feature and the ability to constantly harvest a node until it's completely out of materials. I'm not a fan of all the clicking!

This post by you all has totally renewed my hopes for this game!!!