Road to Release

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• CalKC schrieb:

QueenVirgo schrieb:

Happy about extending test 'til August 1st. That's amazing.

Sad about no F2P, how will I ever get my broke UO friends to join? lol

YAY REPAIR ALL BUTTON. Now, can we get some repair pots for dungeon runs ;)
    How are they broke almost 17 years later? Maybe they need to make better choices if $15/mo is going to kill them.
    You think they're playing UO on crappy laptops for no reason? They can't afford better games, though UO is a GOD of a game.
    lol
  • QueenVirgo schrieb:

CalKC schrieb:

QueenVirgo schrieb:

Happy about extending test 'til August 1st. That's amazing.

Sad about no F2P, how will I ever get my broke UO friends to join? lol

YAY REPAIR ALL BUTTON. Now, can we get some repair pots for dungeon runs ;)
    How are they broke almost 17 years later? Maybe they need to make better choices if $15/mo is going to kill them.
    You think they're playing UO on crappy laptops for no reason? They can't afford better games, though UO is a GOD of a game. lol
    Maybe they should spend less time on video games and more time bettering themselves and their carriers. You are an enabler of their poor life choices.
  • Suuperdad schrieb:

Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I have faith you can pull this together, but please hire more people so you can execute this before the game dies from people giving up.

"Reworked fame system" would have sounded nice, but then you realize that the reworked fame system is really terrible and a step backwards.

"Reworked items" sounded great last alpha, and you improved a lot here, but for the amount of work you did, there are Major failings balance wise and logic/reasoning, causing you to announce yet another armour rework.

"Tons of new features" a few alphas ago turned into the horror that is the LP system.

Farming and food has yet to be released in an even remotely balanced manner for 2 test resets now.

Fame rework is bananas, the numbers are way off. Millions of fame for x.5 and x.6 nodes, making fame leaderboards useless and making levelling from T7 to T8 faster than from T3 to T4.

Fame in pvp kills is all over the board, look at T6 quest item fiasco this beta and Essences last alpha. Do people even review these numbers before they are released?

Guild island auction houses that attacking players not int he guild can BUY ITEMS OUT OF? Are you kidding me? How does this happen? You have zero QA team? I hate to be so negative but you guys have 8 months to get your shit together before crowfall eats your game alive.

When you guys issue a new build, I extract the xmls and always get a good chuckle. Anyone with half a brain could have identified curse staff insane numbers going into beta. And worse when people say things you guys don't listen (look at arcane orb last alpha).

So please I beg of you, take these great ideas you have, but hire some more balance team, pay well for them so you don't get some community college flunky applying. You have great ideas but regularly fail in executing them well.
    That is why its called a TEST, so they can test the impact of certain things. Coming on the boards and pointing out different stages of the test and where some things worked and some things were OP is basically irrelevant. They are trying to come up with a system that actually works on a grand scale and we are LUCKY enough to TEST it for them. If you don't like the drastic changes and swings of the pendulum, GTFO and wait for release.
    "If you're not kill'n, you're either die'n or not try'n"
  • Do you guys know anything about real life currencies? it is cheaper in some countries as dollar and more expensive in some of countries. Do you guys really want to have those players? or cut the population of game. i am concerned about the game population of the future. i have so many friends who want to play when the game release as f2p but you say not gotta be f2p at launch which is discouraging after a long time beta period wait for the game. Who guaranteed them to play after that long time.
    short timed passenger
  • Panthro schrieb:

Bercilak schrieb:

The closed beta will be extended until at least 1st August 2016
    Did you hear the air just let out of the player base?

Bercilak schrieb:

Introduce an Ultima Online inspired Reputation and Crime System for yellow and red zones
    Please no. Most systems implemented are broken and exploited and never have the intended impact.

Fix the existing game before implementing new mechanics.
    I am all for Murdering people in game, but there really needs to be consequences. You must have never played UO, because it did have a very good Notoriety system, at least in the beginning. If you want to kill that solo gatherer and take his 100k of resources he has been farming for an hour for, why not get a penalty for it? That's like saying a gang member should be able to go out and kill anyone they want because they enjoy it. Without consequences for the attacker, the game just becomes another Full Loot version of Battlefield where the only person that is effected is the victim!
    "If you're not kill'n, you're either die'n or not try'n"
  • CalKC schrieb:

Suuperdad schrieb:

Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I have faith you can pull this together, but please hire more people so you can execute this before the game dies from people giving up.

"Reworked fame system" would have sounded nice, but then you realize that the reworked fame system is really terrible and a step backwards.

"Reworked items" sounded great last alpha, and you improved a lot here, but for the amount of work you did, there are Major failings balance wise and logic/reasoning, causing you to announce yet another armour rework.

"Tons of new features" a few alphas ago turned into the horror that is the LP system.

Farming and food has yet to be released in an even remotely balanced manner for 2 test resets now.

Fame rework is bananas, the numbers are way off. Millions of fame for x.5 and x.6 nodes, making fame leaderboards useless and making levelling from T7 to T8 faster than from T3 to T4.

Fame in pvp kills is all over the board, look at T6 quest item fiasco this beta and Essences last alpha. Do people even review these numbers before they are released?

Guild island auction houses that attacking players not int he guild can BUY ITEMS OUT OF? Are you kidding me? How does this happen? You have zero QA team? I hate to be so negative but you guys have 8 months to get your shit together before crowfall eats your game alive.

When you guys issue a new build, I extract the xmls and always get a good chuckle. Anyone with half a brain could have identified curse staff insane numbers going into beta. And worse when people say things you guys don't listen (look at arcane orb last alpha).

So please I beg of you, take these great ideas you have, but hire some more balance team, pay well for them so you don't get some community college flunky applying. You have great ideas but regularly fail in executing them well.
    That is why its called a TEST, so they can test the impact of certain things. Coming on the boards and pointing out different stages of the test and where some things worked and some things were OP is basically irrelevant. They are trying to come up with a system that actually works on a grand scale and THEY are LUCKY that we PAY + TEST it for them. If you don't like the drastic changes and swings of the pendulum, GTFO and wait for release.
    Fixed
    Retired from Albion Online.
  • CalKC schrieb:

Suuperdad schrieb:

That is why its called a TEST, so they can test the impact of certain things. Coming on the boards and pointing out different stages of the test and where some things worked and some things were OP is basically irrelevant. They are trying to come up with a system that actually works on a grand scale and we are LUCKY enough to TEST it for them. If you don't like the drastic changes and swings of the pendulum, GTFO and wait for release.
    Shouldn't take over 3 years for what this game is.
  • Gov schrieb:

CalKC schrieb:

Suuperdad schrieb:

Shouldn't take over 3 years for what this game is.
    From what experience does that come from? You make games?
  • Wow. I was not expecting this. To be entirely honest i am not exactly sure how i feel about this.

I have been very excited for the idea that the game would be releasing in a couple months, and that we would get a new influx of players with a steady flow of new blood via F2P.

I wonder what effect extending out the beta and removing free to play is going to have. Essentially we are headed down the path of perma pre-release-pay-for-game that games like DayZ, h1z1, and every other new game is doing these days. I am not sure why i thought Albion would be different.

That being said, the proposed changes sound great.

-Reputation System : This is really needed right now to add some depth to the PvP outside of just KILL KILL KILL. This coming from someone with over 275k kill fame btw. I love PvP, but i think adding a system that "has all the benefits without the cons" could really add to the game.

-Group Fame: this could be the greatest change to the game, so long as this bonus is capped at 5 players. If you make the most optimal way to level/progress targeted at 5 man groups, you will greatly increase the amount of 5 player groups, and inadvertently foster what could result in a similar community driven pvp style that resembles DAoC's 8v8.

Well, my wife and I are in it for the long haul. I would be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed in the August date, but do what you have to do i suppose.
  • I get some of the newer testers are fanboying it hard right now. Same as we were 3 years ago. Wipe after wipe, and complete changes of working systems to ones that just don't work, you begin to lose population, and the population losses interest. Any clan that isn't full of casuals, and has people who actually grind to stay above the curve are losing active members quick. This is a known problem.
  • CalKC schrieb:

I am all for Murdering people in game, but there really needs to be consequences. You must have never played UO, because it did have a very good Notoriety system, at least in the beginning. If you want to kill that solo gatherer and take his 100k of resources he has been farming for an hour for, why not get a penalty for it?
    This.

Pretty tired of all these people saying how hardcore they are and how people are carebears. I played UO and went red many times. I also stayed blue and thought it was awesome when the blues grouped to the fight the reds.

Pretty sure this will also help with the massive zergs killing any single person they see. These people that win fights just because of their numbers will think twice about going red. It's actually more of a thrill when you aren't afraid of everyone and have to guess if they want to kill you for your loot or not.
  • Excellent news, my wife and I want to live here a long time, take your time!

That said, we desperately need a wipe asap in order to test the new directions these changes point to (and to relieve the boredom from the current lack of activity).

Thanks!
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing". - Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Gov schrieb:

I get some of the newer testers are fanboying it hard right now. Same as we were 3 years ago. Wipe after wipe, and complete changes of working systems to ones that just don't work, you begin to lose population, and the population losses interest. Any clan that isn't full of casuals, and has people who actually grind to stay above the curve are losing active members quick. This is a known problem.
    I think the developers thought through this decision very hard and I'm sure they have a lot of statiatic and data to support there decision.

It would be very awkward if they took a decision they thought would impact the game in a bad way.

As a player we have very little insight in that data/statistics, and just because you and several others experience it this way doesn't mean you are a majority.

Best regards Beelaz
    Best regards
    Beelaz