Road to Release

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• iBlood schrieb:

@Korn Just to clarify... All gold bought with real $ from the shop will continue to roll over through beta resets and on release? I only ask because as I was skimming the post I noticed that founder's packs (items bought with real $) are being modified etc...
    NO. Founder Packs are NOT being modified. If you have a founder pack, you keep your founder pack at release. If you bought gold, you keep it at release. NEW PLAYERS joining at release MUST buy a starter pack to play. NOTHING has changed with FOUNDER Packs!!!!

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” - Poe
  • @Korn

What are you plans to keep current guilds involved for that long? We have been planning and organizing our launch plans for 2-3 tests now and most of us are on the tipping point of "burnt out." With the amount of activity this forum has right now for people that are bored of the game, it's surprising to me that you would propose that we be bored for 8 more months with no return on our time investment.

Don't get me wrong, the changes sound great (except the carebear pvp changes) and I understand it takes time to implement them but 8 months is a long time for gaming communities to keep their members involved and willing to play in a beta. I think I speak for all the guild leaders out there when I say; we're going to take a HUGE hit to our numbers when this extension news hits our ranks. People are going to simply NOPE out of the beta for sanity reasons alone.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Pest ()

• Pest schrieb:

@Korn

What are you plans to keep current guilds involved for that long? We have been planning and organizing our launch plans for 2-3 tests now and most of us are on the tipping point of "burnt out." With the amount of activity this forum has right now for people that are bored of the game, it's surprising to me that you would propose that we be bored for 8 more months with no return on our time investment.

Don't get me wrong, the changes sound great (except the carebear pvp changes) and I understand it takes time to impalement them but 8 months is a long time for gaming communities to keep their members involved and willing to play in a beta. I think I speak for all the guild leaders out there when I say; we're going to take a HUGE hit to our numbers when this extension news hits our ranks. People are going to simply NOPE out of the beta for sanity reasons alone.
    Just treat this as released with a timespan until wipe. Once wiped I guess we could just consider this game over and go elsewhere, unless they manage to introduce a completely different game by then.

I hope they will manage to introduce a completely new game by then.
  • iBlood schrieb:

@Korn Just to clarify... All gold bought with real $ from the shop will continue to roll over through beta resets and on release? I only ask because as I was skimming the post I noticed that founder's packs (items bought with real $) are being modified etc...
    Yes of course!

Also, existing founder's packs - those that have been bought - will not be modified.

At release of the game, though, you will no longer be able to buy any of the old founder's packs. Instead, you will be able to buy starter packs. In order to have a game account, you will either have to be a) a founder or b) buy a starter pack.

All the best,
    Korn
  • All I can say is everything that was listed sounds amazing and touches on maybe pieces of feedback that has been brought up on the forums. The longer beta and pay for play is perfect

Please don't listen to these other people who may be upset about the extended beta or pay to play strategy. Take your time to make the game perfect and nothing in this world worth a damn is free.
  • Curry schrieb:

Vanity_Nevermore schrieb:

Curry schrieb:

Why just not wipe and go into OBT/release right now? What is the point?
    Because the game isn't ready? You can't make the drastic changes they're proposing during an OBT ...
    I am sorry to break it for you, but the game wil NEVER be ready. It's an MMO, which means it's lifespan is indefinite and it will always be changing.
    Playing MMOs for edging on two decades, mate. I know the cycles of MMOs, with so much changing with the CORE of this game, it cannot be released as it is now. OBT is one step from release, considering this list just handed to us as well as the Feature Backlog - The Way Forward - This game is in no shape to take that step. I appreciate that you want to play now, but you invested into an Alpha/Beta game that isn't finished. If you're not prepared to be involved in all that entails, take a break.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” - Poe
  • Good to see an update on what the future holds and I hope the team had some nice rest and relaxation over the holiday period.

Just throwing out some risk concerns:
    • You are now positioning yourself to have another company focus purely on the PC with similar style and game play and release before you do. You do not (at this stage) have a console release to fall back on like say ESO did when they pretty much released a broken game to PC and delayed the console release for 12 months, this is everything you have and development is getting on now.
    • Being a paid test and with the HUGE extension regardless of a wipe you will see a consistent decline in players, I will have a think about would could hold peoples motivation to play for eight months knowing it will be wiped. Off the top of my head you would need to be making some serious and regular changes; you would need to be making changes to a point where mechanics and such are tested with out requiring a grind. It would almost need to be a series of mini wipes on a monthly basis where we are actually testing according to a scope provided by you.
    • Moving from free to play to buy to play is only a short term cash injection, that's a once off payment for each person outside those who are already testing going towards development cash flow. The biggest portion of income would be from gold and in game cosmetics, DLC, mounts etc such as others do. Moving from free to play will do nothing to gold spammers - this has never stopped them in ANY game just go and do some research on thier business model. What this move says to me is there are overall cash concerns and the initial injection of new people albeit hard to forecast is critical to the continued development of this game post release, unless you are going to add subscriptions, which again will do nothing for your income versus a well thought out and implemented in game store. I also am not seeing the impact building for free to play or pay to play makes, you are still needing to build the game in general anyways, again cash flow concerns.
    • I am still worried about the economy. Yes we know the recent patch pretty much destroyed the somewhat "specialty" of crafting and took a turn towards one man band type of play, which I dont have a problem with but if you are building a character towards fighting and have no issues crafting and gathering everything you need then you kill off the sandbox economy. You should have some good data at the moment as there is pretty much only two places to sell things and even then items could take 3-4 days to sell if they sell.
    Now I am sure there are more concerns I have but it is 12 AM here and I would like to throw some conversation around the excitement I get form the announcement :)

New, Expanded and Immersive Game World
    • I am so interested to see some more detail on what you guys are going to do with making cities and zones more unique, as there will always be people who like to go things alone we would think there could always be a need for player owned structures and such, that just comes down to how much a solo player puts into their island - I will be eagerly watching this space.
    • Glad to hear the world will get bigger and very happy to hear some more biomes are coming down the road. You should look at environmental interaction for the "immersive" part of play such as certain buffs or debuffs depending on if you take a "handles the cold" skill etc.
    • As with more dungeons and hopefully a variety that sounds sweet. Overall dungeon boss mechanics need looking at but I am sure you have other stuff outside of tank and spank / stun and spank everything that you are working on taking into account the prince mechanics.
    Zone Rework
    • Interested in hearing more about the reputation and crime system, this is going to really get some hot discussion I bet.
    • The increase in black zones is great and hopefully wont just be flipped or rotated repeats.
    • Removing fast travel to non-safe zones makes sense but introducing "naked" teleport to fast travel in PVP zones just sounds like fast travel in every zone all you do is have sets of gear around the place?
    PvP
    • Interesting but of course the detail is where we will get the best out of the list in this section. I am looking at hearing more about scouting mechanics maybe you can remove the speed penalty from stealth and increase it to 10 seconds while your there :)
    • As for hell gates then HELL YES, some of the best fun is small group PvP such as 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 etc. Making hell gates worth doing when in 6.X+ gear will be great.
    • If your adding kill mails then please increase the main box management features!
    PvE
    • I did it all for the fame ... love to hear lower tiers can help towards combat progression this is something I support at the current time because I need T7 and there is either nothing spawned or a 20 man zerg rolling over me. Be careful what you do hear though as this will be a massive sale point for botting.
    • Fame bonus for group play - YES and :( because it will still be 20 man zergs, haha oh well.
    • More and better dungeons and boss fights ... you mentioned dungeons up in the game world, this is an attempt at word smithing and just a filler. Put meaningful dot points, I mean I love guys but half the amount of dot points that actually say something would have more impact :)
    • Random spawning of special mobs is freaking epic also make mob packs that roam as well.
    Gathering
    • Unless you are also changing to "classes" the skills or bonuses to people who gather I hope will be open to all without penalty. I might not gather but rather like to solo fame farm and could benefit from escape options as well, work through this carefully.
    Economy
    • See how this goes as I am sure there will be many changes.
    Farming
    • Cool we all like a good joke about farts and shits I guess.
    Player Made Open World Structures
    • Super keen to see what might be going on here.
    User Interface and Quality of Live Improvements
    • So much going on here that I just have to sit on the fence with for now till we get details or get to test some of this stuff.
    • As for all the guild management tools and permission that is excellent and well needed.
    • Spell range /skillshot indicator - not sure about that, I like the fact that 75% of bow users miss me and do not really want them to have any help with that shot.
    As above its great to get some more communication happening on the future development of this game, I honestly have not been as excited for a game release as this for along time, with regards to a game you play for years to come.

I say everything here with the up most respect and of course this is just my views as I do want this to be what we all hope.

At the end of the day though this is a massive test so depending on how the testing of the mentioned items on your journey plan is handled will determine the presence I have.

<3