Road to Release

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Bercilak schrieb:

The closed beta will be extended until at least 1st August 2016
    Did you hear the air just let out of the player base?

Bercilak schrieb:

Introduce an Ultima Online inspired Reputation and Crime System for yellow and red zones
    Please no. Most systems implemented are broken and exploited and never have the intended impact.

Fix the existing game before implementing new mechanics.
  • Amon schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Scamnicitus schrieb:

SO just to be clear...my account for beta will still be good during final release? or will I have to pay again? or is it going to be a monthly pay to play thing?
    Hi Scamnicitus,of course your founder's account will still be 100% good for release.

Also, we will not be charging a monthly fee to play the game but stick with our current premium account model.

All the best,
    Korn
    I'm almost positive you guys already thought about this but there should be a 10 day free trial or whatever for people to try the game before they decide if they should buy it. Cause otherwise it will be hard to make people pay for a game they cant try 1st.
    Set it to 4 hours of playtime, not 10 days calendar-wise. 10 days is too much, and free accounts will be made and botted for profit. 4 hours might also be too much, but at least they cant bot high-tier stuff if they only got 4 hours before they're reset and have to make a new account.
  • MHRook schrieb:

Suuperdad schrieb:

Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I have faith you can pull this together, but please hire more people so you can execute this before the game dies from people giving up.

"Reworked fame system" would have sounded nice, but then you realize that the reworked fame system is really terrible and a step backwards.

"Reworked items" sounded great last alpha, and you improved a lot here, but for the amount of work you did, there are Major failings balance wise and logic/reasoning, causing you to announce yet another armour rework.

"Tons of new features" a few alphas ago turned into the horror that is the LP system.

Farming and food has yet to be released in an even remotely balanced manner for 2 test resets now.

So please I beg of you, take these great ideas you have, but hire some more balance team, pay well for them so you don't get some community college flunky applying. You have great ideas but regularly fail in executing them well.
    I hit quote and reply to start counter arguing some of this, but I don't believe this is the place and I'm enjoying my coffee too much to get into an argument about this.
    Suffice it to say, I, and many more people are enjoying the reworked fame, LP, and many other changes. I'd even argue that the game could start with a few less weapon and food options that are balanced and then introduce more later as additional things to look forward to.

@Korn, @Bercilak - Really glad to hear that the next wipe will be launch and that the game will not start as 'free to play'. Great news. We know it's beta and there will be changes (and whining from some people /ignore) but we're here enjoying the game and in for the long haul!
    There will be at least 1 more wipe during CBT. Next wipe is not the launch of the game, read! And I agree with @Suuperdad that the new system right now is not good, and is not what they promoted in their videos. I don't feel the "I am what I wear" rather I feel "I am what I grinded 12 hours a day for a week". Yeah I am sure fans are enjoying the game. I enjoy it too, but i am not blind to say it's great right now. But I am happy for the changes and I can't wait for the next big patch, because I am not happy about the current state.
    Retired from Albion Online.
  • A 9 month closed beta that you have to pay for is just a Kickstarter campaign without using Kickstarter. My guess is your devs have been working for free to this point, so you charged for closed beta access, and you paid them.

Clearly your other expected revenue streams haven't worked out, ie: the gold store, since you haven't coded a way to ban the MMOTANK guys from destroying your secondary cash grab.

I don't personally care, businesses are in business to make money, but lets call it what it is.

I would pay to play it now.

9 months is longer than many games even remain relevant in today's market, unless you're Blizzard.
    1337 since 1979
    Molon Labe

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lord_Brimstone ()

• albionJJ schrieb:

Very nice to hear the extention of the cbt .

@Bercilak what do you really mean when you say the game wont be free to play . What and how would that effect our premium package / founder packages?
    This has been addressed in the thread already. You will keep your founder packages at release, just as before. Premium status will remain the same. The only thing changing: once release hits, no more founder packs for purchase - new players must buy a starter pack to be able to play Albion Online. The end.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” - Poe
  • Lord_Brimstone schrieb:

A 9 month closed beta that you have to pay for is just a Kickstarter campaign without using Kickstarter. My guess is your devs have been working for free to this point, so you charged for closed beta access, and you paid them. Now you need to get 9 more months of work out of them, and they will want to be paid again, naturally, hence the pay to play model at the end of the 9 months.

Clearly your other expected revenue streams haven't worked out, ie: the gold store, since you haven't coded a way to ban the MMOTANK guys from destroying your secondary cash grab.

I don't personally care, businesses are in business to make money, but lets call it what it is.

I would pay to play it now.

Very few will grind through any wipes that occur between now and August especially knowing that they will have to pay a monthly fee at the end of the 9 month period, and oh yeah, start all over again, for the 4th or 5th time.

9 months is longer than many games even remain relevant in today's market, unless you're Blizzard.
    They already said they won't be charging a monthly fee and will be keeping the current premium framework.
  • Lord_Brimstone schrieb:

Very few will grind through any wipes that occur between now and August especially knowing that they will have to pay a monthly fee at the end of the 9 month period, and oh yeah, start all over again, for the 4th or 5th time.
    There is no monthly fee. You have to pay to play initially, then it's the same premium status model we have now. That's it.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” - Poe
  • Vanity_Nevermore schrieb:

albionJJ schrieb:

Very nice to hear the extention of the cbt .

@Bercilak what do you really mean when you say the game wont be free to play . What and how would that effect our premium package / founder packages?
    This has been addressed in the thread already. You will keep your founder packages at release, just as before. Premium status will remain the same. The only thing changing: once release hits, no more founder packs for purchase, you must buy a starter pack to be able to play Albion Online. The end.
    Almost correct, but missed this: You don't need the starter pack if you already have a founder pack.
  • Amon schrieb:

Kalenger schrieb:

so wasnt that comes like pay2win, the game wont be f2p at the launch in 1 Agust. So new players when the game become f2p will be like so behind of the progress?
    this is an mmo. not everybody will start playing at the same time. you might play this game for 5 years and still have new players just creating their chars. thats why its not much of a big deal.
    Think about a group of player wanted to start at launch and wanted to lead a part of the map they will need more time to catch certain tiers and even the other ruler guilds are always gotta be in progress. they will have more money, more gear, higher tiers and terrorities to safe progress. This would kill the dreams of chances to play as a team from the start of a group players which wait for the f2p. And all huge guild will be belong to the pay-ed players.. actually and literally we will see what we are seeing right now in the game about the guilds.
    short timed passenger