Road to Release

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Bercilak schrieb:

Dear Fellow Adventurers,

now that the closed beta test is in full swing, we have a very important announcement to make.
    1. The closed beta will be extended until at least 1st August 2016
    2. The game will not be free to play at launch
    Our goal is for Albion Online to be a long term success, therefore, we only want to release the game when it is truly up to its potential. The extension of the closed beta period will allow us to make significant improvements to the game.

For this reason, we are putting the free to play plans on hold as well. Making the game ready for a free to play model would take up significant development time which we would much rather use to make a better game. Free to play would also create a lot of risks for the game - spamming, botting, world too small, etc - which we do not want to take if it can be avoided.

When the game goes live, current founder’s packs will be discontinued and replaced with starter packs, which will give access to the game but offer less value for money than the founder’s packs as this is only fair to all founders who help us in making the game.

We are truly overwhelmed by the success of Albion Online thus far and would like to thank all of your for your ongoing support and feedback. Together, we will make sure that Albion Online will be a great game made to last.

Your Albion Online Team

Major Game Improvements
    Note: the below does not list all the changes planned. Also, not everything listed below will make it into the final game.
    • New, Expanded and Immersive Game World
      • Significantly increase world size
      • Make cities and zones more unique
      • More and better dungeons
      • Different biomes (snow, swamp, etc

• Zone Rework
      • Introduce Reputation and Crime System for yellow and red zones
      • Strongly increase the number of black zones
      • Remove fast travel to non-safe zones
      • Introduce “naked” teleport as an alternative to fast travel in PvP zones

• PvP
      • Introduce an Ultima Online inspired Reputation and Crime System for yellow and red zones
      • Special perks and titles for virtuous and evil characters
      • Armor System Rework
      • Enchantment Rework
      • Tons of new items and abilities
      • Kill mails
      • Conquerable/Destructible open world structures
      • Improved ranking system
      • Scouting mechanics and items
      • GvG respawn timer
      • Larger variety of Hell Gates and better rewards

• PvE
      • Allow lower tier mobs to provide fame towards combat progression
      • Increase the number of higher tier mobs
      • Fame bonus for group play
      • Make dungeons and gateway dungeons more rewarding
      • More and better dungeons and boss fights
      • Random spawning of special mobs
      • Armor System Rework
      • Enchantment Rework
      • Tons of new items and abilities
      • Rework faction and mission system*
      • Introduce Expeditions*
      • Introduce unique item blueprints and expedition maps as special drops/rewards*
      • *details to follow in seperate developer update

• Gathering
      • Introduce special items and abilities supporting gatherers
      • Provide gatherers with better stealth and escape options

• Economy
      • Remove excess supply of items from the market via training option at crafting buildings. Sneak Peak
      • Fast Travel Rework

• Farming
      • Animal produced fertilizer to increase plant yield

• Fishing
      • Details to follow in seperate developer update

• Player Made Open World Structures
      • Details to follow in seperate developer update

• User Interface and Quality of Life Improvements
      • PC optimized HUD
      • Friends List
      • Repair all button
      • Fast Salvage
      • Shift Click to move items
      • Smart Casting
      • Spell Range/Skillshot Indicator
      • Improved rights management system for guilds
      • Auto-sort/stack for banks
      • Allow items to be stackable
      • Better “mute” system to combat spammers
      • Outline characters/mobs that are hidden by objects
      • Bank asset overview
      • Transaction Log
      • Improved Mount/Dismount
      • … and many many more

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.: Thank you from the whole "Albion Online Team" for your support!
    SO just to be clear...my account for beta will still be good during final release? or will I have to pay again? or is it going to be a monthly pay to play thing?
  • Mohomohommad schrieb:

Beelaz schrieb:

Alright.

I like everything except the very long beta.

Seems pointless to invest so much time if I'll lose everything. And I'm the guy that got a big issue playing multiple games at the same time.

:-/

So should I run for the fences or should I glue myself to this game :-/
    The whole point of participating in a beta is to help test and improve the game for release, not to accumulate lasting wealth in-game. If you didn't understand that coming in, seems to me like that's your own fault.
    yes I understood that when I bought my founders pack. And I've given it 100% so far and I was ready to do that for 3 months.

I really like the new approach, I just got devastated by the thing that they extend the beta with like what, 6 months?
    Best regards
    Beelaz
  • Kuhal schrieb:

I'm happy to see the loss of F2P even if it is only temporary.

However, you've said some of these things before and they still have not been implemented over quite a large time frame. Can we expect some of these changes soon? It seems odd for things to always be "in the works" while the game is continually delayed. While it can work for a time, in the long run people lose interest.

I'll be interested to see what is coming in the Jan. 13th release. Hopefully it is substantial.
    As a programmer and hobby game developer, I have complete understanding for the time it takes to complete a product. As a gamer expecting a release after closed beta, I'm mighty surprised to see the closed beta delayed so far.

All that said though, I've been thinking for quite some time that this game, if there wouldn't be a wipe, would actually be a decent release and I've been enjoying quite a bit of it.

That they decided to skip the F2P part is truly interesting though, I'd much prefer it to be on a pay-to-play basis.
  • Hello,
    -Why more teleport options? and why no remove teleport.
    -I think crime system would kill the naturality of the game.
    -Mount/Dismount does that include walking with ox? and kind of new features or is it just new rules for m/dmount like reducing only mounting and dmounting time of it in a particular situation.
    short timed passenger
  • Ranno schrieb:

Amon schrieb:

Anyway, Im not sure what you mean with the F2P part. Will the game still be f2p?
    You have to pay for the game, or some monthly fee.

Ghuton schrieb:

Amon schrieb:

Anyway, Im not sure what you mean with the F2P part. Will the game still be f2p?
    "When the game goes live, current founder’s packs will be discontinued and replaced with starter packs, which will give access to the game but offer less value for money than the founder’s packs as this is only fair to all founders who help us in making the game."
    At least a b2p model.
    Sorry, what I meant was, Will that be temporary or permanent?
  • Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I have faith you can pull this together, but please hire more people so you can execute this before the game dies from people giving up.

"Reworked fame system" would have sounded nice, but then you realize that the reworked fame system is really terrible and a step backwards.

"Reworked items" sounded great last alpha, and you improved a lot here, but for the amount of work you did, there are Major failings balance wise and logic/reasoning, causing you to announce yet another armour rework.

"Tons of new features" a few alphas ago turned into the horror that is the LP system.

Farming and food has yet to be released in an even remotely balanced manner for 2 test resets now.

Fame rework is bananas, the numbers are way off. Millions of fame for x.5 and x.6 nodes, making fame leaderboards useless and making levelling from T7 to T8 faster than from T3 to T4.

Fame in pvp kills is all over the board, look at T6 quest item fiasco this beta and Essences last alpha. Do people even review these numbers before they are released?

Guild island auction houses that attacking players not int he guild can BUY ITEMS OUT OF? Are you kidding me? How does this happen? You have zero QA team? I hate to be so negative but you guys have 8 months to get your shit together before crowfall eats your game alive.

When you guys issue a new build, I extract the xmls and always get a good chuckle. Anyone with half a brain could have identified curse staff insane numbers going into beta. And worse when people say things you guys don't listen (look at arcane orb last alpha).

So please I beg of you, take these great ideas you have, but hire some more balance team, pay well for them so you don't get some community college flunky applying. You have great ideas but regularly fail in executing them well.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Suuperdad ()

• Suuperdad schrieb:

Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I have faith you can pull this together, but please hire more people so you can execute this before the game dies from people giving up.

"Reworked fame system" would have sounded nice, but then you realize that the reworked fame system is really terrible and a step backwards.

"Reworked items" sounded great last alpha, and you improved a lot here, but for the amount of work you did, there are Major failings balance wise and logic/reasoning, causing you to announce yet another armour rework.

"Tons of new features" a few alphas ago turned into the horror that is the LP system.

Farming and food has yet to be released in an even remotely balanced manner for 2 test resets now.

So please I beg of you, take these great ideas you have, but hire some more balance team, pay well for them so you don't get some community college flunky applying. You have great ideas but regularly fail in executing them well.
    My thoughts exactly. The diff is you're more polite than me
  • @Korn will there be a scheduled release plan for updates? It would be helpful to know when we can expect to see new stuff coming in to test, in advance.

Note: I understand that it's impossible to know what will be ready on what date due to the nature of agile development, but it would be helpful to have a set patch day on a schedule. That way we know that SOMETHING new is coming on certain days.
  • Scamnicitus schrieb:

SO just to be clear...my account for beta will still be good during final release? or will I have to pay again? or is it going to be a monthly pay to play thing?
    Hi Scamnicitus,

of course your founder's account will still be 100% good for release.

Also, we will not be charging a monthly fee to play the game but stick with our current premium account model.

All the best,
    Korn
  • SirWilliamPD schrieb:

@Korn will there be a scheduled release plan for updates? It would be helpful to know when we can expect to see new stuff coming in to test, in advance.

Note: I understand that it's impossible to know what will be ready on what date due to the nature of agile development, but it would be helpful to have a set patch day on a schedule. That way we know that SOMETHING new is coming on certain days.
    Hi SirWilliamPD,

to the extent possible, yes, we will announce releases ahead of time. However, I can't make any set promises, as it really depends on the type of feature that is being introduced.

The next larger patch will be in mid January, and I expect some more detailed roadmap plans towards the end of January.

All the best,
    Korn
  • Suuperdad schrieb:

Please hire enough staff to complete your scope creep. I think you guys are really good at coming up with ideas. I think you guys typically fail on execution of those ideas, balancing (sledgehammer balancing).

I hit quote and reply to start counter arguing some of this, but I don't believe this is the place and I'm enjoying my coffee too much to get into an argument about this.

Suffice it to say, I, and many more people are enjoying the reworked fame, LP, and many other changes. I'd even argue that the game could start with a few less weapon and food options that are balanced and then introduce more later as additional things to look forward to.

@Korn, @Bercilak - Really glad to hear that the game will not start as 'free to play'. Great news. We know it's beta and there will be changes (and whining from some people /ignore) but we're here enjoying the game and in for the long haul!

AO ForumYoutube ♦ Sponsored by MrBeer & Dapper Hide
  • Korn schrieb:

Scamnicitus schrieb:

Hi Scamnicitus,
    of course your founder's account will still be 100% good for release.

Also, we will not be charging a monthly fee to play the game but stick with our current premium account model.

All the best,
    Korn
    I'm almost positive you guys already thought about this but there should be a 10 day free trial or whatever for people to try the game before they decide if they should buy it. Cause otherwise it will be hard to make people pay for a game they cant try 1st.