Honestly Wipe the Server.

• Give us a wipe, but don't make it a sudden decision like most updates. Tell us there's going to be a wipe 2 days in advance so we can prepare and actually enjoy the initial rush.
    I'm looking for a guild:
    • London based
    • Play 1-8 hours most days
    • Investing a few hundred £££
    • Played Summer Alpha/late Winter Beta
    • May lend graphic design skills
    • Minimal TeamSpeak
  • Fortriks wrote:

they dont care about feedback. they have "their vision" rofl

PS: all problem of thisa game coming from very, very, very small copy-pasted world. zergs. exploration. mob hunt. boss hunt. etc. etc. etc. yet they spit in our face saying they gonna keep 1 global server (based in US only). wich gives people from US 25-35 ping and all EU people (majority of playerbase) playing with 135-235. They told they gonna double map size at Open beta release wich is tottal ROFL
    PPS: and yes im all with you. im voting for WIPE. Its beta test and we here to test.
    25-35 ping?.. well that'd be nice, but I get more around 110 ping.. I'm guessing I'm not all that close to the server or something...
  • I understand that many of us get annoyed with the destiny board changes. and you are here, suggesting to wipe out the entire server. Well I thought you understand what beta test means. Devs changed it as they believe that is better for the game. And we are here... well we are here to test it.

test. test test.. until the official release. The sad part is..... we spent money to test the game. hahahahah anyway no regrets here, the game is really fun and it is getting interesting every update.
    "I'm proud member of Pro Gamers Online"
  • AngelofAwe wrote:

That was the #1 player in the game leaving permanently, not because she didn't like the game but because the changes were so horrid that she lost faith in the developers. I asked if she'd return if they reverted the changes or at least for release and she said "not if it stays like this" and "even if they change it back they'll do this again, I don't trust them anymore".
    Overly dramatic? To you perhaps, but there are a lot of us who truly care about the game and sacrifice a LOT of our time to try to improve it and offer our feedback.
    The suggestions HAVE been put out there, we've made out voices heard. Even directly to the devs through people who have direct contact with them.
    These are "elite" players who didn't just buy their way into the beta but have been playing throughout all the alphas as some of the best and most dedicated players in all aspects of the game.

We all knew how awful this patch was from testing it for 5 minutes in the test server. The devs also knew of this and were told NOT to release something so awful, but the very next day here we are with all progress and the entire economy falling apart. Apparently too difficult to tweak a patch at all before releasing it.
    The changes are (most of them) pretty good but the implementation drove off a large proportion of those who have stuck with the game, maybe until the next wipe or maybe permanently.

Even I have left some of my feedback officially before the patch, right here: Feedback & Suggestions list!
    You can shove your opinions of "just complaining" and not trying to offer any suggestions or feedback.
    lol as if. someone who has played that much during a beta wont just leave. Shes just being over dramatic and childish cause she cant handle the fact that everyone can craft and gather high tier stuff now and being #1 player in fame during a beta doesnt change that.

I dont think she should be expecting to compete in testing phases. These phases are to fking test stuff. Some things need to be tested to see if they work or not. Thats why they gave everybody a free jump on progression, to test stuff.

I agree its not fun and im all for a whipe but testing isnt always fun and thats what u and I signed up to, to play alpha and beta tests and help improve the game, not to cry and post a screenshot of uninstalling the game. I dont care what they do to the game during the testing phases as long as it helps them improve aspects of the game for release.

Now if she just rage quits over some test then good. We dont need more cry babies flooding the forums with cancer.
  • Here is my opinion why a wipe is immediately not necessary.

First off, i think this patch is an success and gives a great push to the crafting and farming part !
    Good job !

Why i think a wipe shouldn't be done yet ?
    because now we can finally see what another step in the game brings, as we can craft and use 5.2, 5.3, 6.2 and 6.3 items.
    This gives the game a "late-game" push, which will not be tested so quickly again, once we wipe all, as it will take again the same time to grind the fame up to being able to use those items.

SO give it 4-6 weeks, before wiping the beta server.

Thanks for consideration.
    regards,
    Ghosty
  • Kilp wrote:

I won't spend as much time on this game if they keep wiping it. People will stop playing it until release. Wipes are a bad idea
    Well, many of their most productive feedbackers are quitting until next release unless they do wipe.
    Guilds who were already at T7 gathering, refining, crafting and combat are now far ahead.

Yes, it doesn't take too long to catch up, once they get stuck at the top tier, but for a real test of the new re-worked destiny board, they would need a wipe.
    I myself am maxed in stone refining, got 5.3 gear on main combat character, and 5.2 on gatherer. I also have accumalated over 20 million silver, but that's fine.
  • Ghosty wrote:

Why i think a wipe shouldn't be done yet ?
    because now we can finally see what another step in the game brings, as we can craft and use 5.2, 5.3, 6.2 and 6.3 items.
    This gives the game a "late-game" push, which will not be tested so quickly again, once we wipe all, as it will take again the same time to grind the fame up to being able to use those items.

SO give it 4-6 weeks, before wiping the beta server.
    The amount it takes to get at the same tiers isn't the same anymore, its way faster, especially in higher combat tiers.
    It would probably take 2 weeks to get to the same point as we're at now. Honestly, the re-work they did, does not work for a full release version of this game.

I like the way they re-worked combat, and fame from mobs, but I believe the game becomes too easy now, which might hurt the game in the long run.