Fix to crafting economy (Sneak Peak)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Fix to crafting economy (Sneak Peak)

Hi all,

we want to share another feature with you that we will implement during the closed beta test.

The goal is to resolve the issue of excess supply of crafted and refined materials that people have to produce in order to level up their fame.

The issue
      • In order to get fame for refining and crafting, you will produce items even if there is no real market need for them
      • As a result of that, prices for these items in the open market get very low, lower than the cost of the ingredients
      The solution
      • A study/disscet/training feature offered at crafting buildings
      • Immersion-wise, imagine that you destroy an item in order to learn more about it / study how to craft it
      • Game-wise, you will be able to hand in excess crafted/refined items to the refiner / crafter. The items will be destroyed, but you will be awarded extra fame towards the relevant destiny board node
      • To prevent people from using the above to level the destiny board with bought items, without actually crafting anything themselves, you will only be able to use the training feature if you have already unlocked a certain percentage of the total fame needed for the node/mastery
      Example
      • Say I would have to craft 100 T4 Swords to unlock T5 Swords
      • In the current system, I will craft those 100 swords and then salvage them or sell them in the open market, creating artificial supply
      • In the new system, I will, say, only craft 50 of those swords. I can then dissect/study these 50 swords at the NPC, they will be destroyed, but I wiill get extra fame for this in return, thus unllocking the next destiny board node
      • Note: the number above are just examples, everything of course is subject to balancing
      All the best,
      Korn
    • Korn schrieb:

The solution
      • To prevent people from using the above to level the destiny board with bought items, without actually crafting anything themselves, you will only be able to use the training feature if you have already unlocked a certain percentage of the total fame needed for the node/mastery

Ugh. You seriously just had to find a way to let people with lots of money (P2W) skip leveling. This is just a substitute for LP for those with lots of cash.

Seriously:

LOCK THIS FEATURE TO THE NAME OF THE CRAFTER LISTED ON THE ITEM.

Also, please remove the re-roll function completely.
    • I'm sure you've thought this thoroughly but the numbers on the provided example do not make much sense to me.

If I go with the craft & destroy approach for 50 swords then I've essentially completely spent/wasted the crafting materials for these 50 items.
      Instead, if I create 100 swords and sell them on the market for just 55% of the cost of materials, I'm still better off than using the destroy feature.

You're putting a limit on how low the prices can go but still crafting items will incur a loss.
      Increasing the fame earned by destroying items by a lot will simply force people down this path and make the "grind" quicker - but not address the original problem.
    • Korn schrieb:

Maybe could be better if you will only be able to use the training feature if you are the crafter of these items.

(Sorry for my english)
    • Korn schrieb:

I like this a lot, thanks! I just have one question, why would there need to be measures to prevent people from buying items to train with?
    • Mirari schrieb:

What exactly is the problem you're trying to address by not allowing people to buy items straight from the AH and destroy them?

Hi Mirari,

the problem is largely immersion based. Say you want to be a T5 Swordsmith. Without the minimum fame restriction on training, you could just buy tons of swords of the market, all destroy them via training and then unlock T5 Swordsmith without ever having crafted a sword yourself. We don't really like that.

However, the minimum fame needed in order to use training will be quite low, maybe 10% of the total fame needed for the node.

All the best,
      Korn
    • Korn schrieb:

Mirari schrieb:

What exactly is the problem you're trying to address by not allowing people to buy items straight from the AH and destroy them?
      Hi Mirari,
      the problem is largely immersion based. Say you want to be a T5 Swordsmith. Without the minimum fame restriction on training, you could just buy tons of swords of the market, all destroy them via training and then unlock T5 Swordsmith without ever having crafted a sword yourself. We don't really like that.

However, the minimum fame needed in order to use training will be quite low, maybe 10% of the total fame needed for the node.

All the best,
      Korn
      What did you guys do to come to this 10% and/or "quite low". What test or calculations were made to determine going low over a straight 50/50 split?
      Just wondering on your process since there is a lack of information given to us "testers".
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

The solution

Ugh. You seriously just had to find a way to let people with lots of money (P2W) skip leveling. This is just a substitute for LP for those with lots of cash.

Seriously:

LOCK THIS FEATURE TO THE NAME OF THE CRAFTER LISTED ON THE ITEM.

Also, please remove the re-roll function completely.
      +1
      Lock the dissect to crafter only.
      Add crafters can repair items they can craft out in the field. (True expeditions will bring crafters to repair gear.)
      Limit re-roll to crafters only.