Post-Wipe Gold Expenditure

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Post-Wipe Gold Expenditure

With my Legendary Founder's Pack and gold purchases so far, upon game release I should have a total of 76k gold, plus any other gold I may purchase before then.

I was wondering how you, personally, would implement this in to your start game?

How long did each of you founders wait before selling your gold at the start of each test period and what did you put it in to?
      Do you think it's best getting it in as early as possible or waiting until it can be sold for more silver?
      Once traded for silver, what did you choose to spend your vast quantities of silver on?
      I'm looking for a guild:
      • London based
      • Play 1-8 hours most days
      • Investing a few hundred £££
      • Played Summer Alpha/late Winter Beta
      • May lend graphic design skills
      • Minimal TeamSpeak
    • Either be one of the first to make refining buildings in the cities that lead to player islands or buy over priced materials to grind to high tiers early and make a killing on the hardcore players. The former would be better for more casual gamers and the latter for the far more active ones. Holding on to it does little good as the exchange rate will get better but the value of land will just increase. I'd personally want the passive income.
    • I'm currently experimenting with city store owning, however, I would obviously still need to buy over priced materials as well, in order to afford upgrades.

Also, what makes you say refining buildings as opposed to any other city buildings?
      I'm looking for a guild:
      • London based
      • Minimal TeamSpeak
    • Tough answer. If they enable certain purchases that could be made with gold then you can have a massive lead. For example, if personal island could be purchased with gold then it would be wise to buy it till max. With max out farm lands you would be able to start horse taming as soon as anybody else could. If you have more gold to spare, transfer them to a ALT account just as a extra farm land to farm with. Constantly maintain your farm/pets in a balance way. You need to have enough crop farms to feed your horse/ox farm (because nobody else would be selling there crops for low price). Doing this while maintaining enough fame daily from horse/ox in order to aggressive work towards T6.

Unlocking T6 mount as early as possible is key here. Once you reach T6, sell all your gold and try to purchase direwolf/bear at a reasonable price. Then raise and tame them to profit.

At the start of beta horse mounts T3 sold for 40 - 50k per. T4 was 100k. T5, T6 you can see for yourself now.

Not only that, mounts are the most desirable/ and the easiest to obtain the fame for. There would be a massive amount of demand for them at the start of the game.

But that's IF they allow you to purchase private lands with gold. Keep in mind that they are planning more for gold. And it could be possible that this would not be enable.

And if they disable it, i would suggest in selling the gold and investing it all on private island for the farm lands.
    • I don't understand the comment "If personal island could be purchased with gold then it would be wise to buy it till max".

Isn't gold always interchangeable with silver, so that if you start the game with, say, 10,000 gold, you could just sell 1,000 gold for 66,000 silver (or whatever the exchange rate is at the time) and buy your island with that?

Also, what do you mean by "it would be wise to buy it till max"? Do you mean, it would be wise to upgrade your private island as much as you can afford to at the start?
      "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing". - Oliver Wendell Holmes
    • ButterNickels schrieb:

But that's IF they allow you to purchase private lands with gold. Keep in mind that they are planning more for gold. And it could be possible that this would not be enable.
      And if they disable it, i would suggest in selling the gold and investing it all on private island for the farm lands.
      That's how gold worked in past alpha tests (you could in many cases spend gold instead of silver), but they have changed the system and I doubt they'll revert it.

As far as we know, gold will be only used for:
      - exchanging it for silver
      - purchasing premium status
      - buying vanities

I'm curious to see how the gold/silver market will work at release though. Gold/silver exchange was 1:1 and 1:2 on the first day of closed beta. If that's the case on release, you could obtain massive amounts of gold, which of course, would prove very useful in the long run.

• I may save my gold for a better exchange rate. Instead, I'll probably refine T2 and T3 materials, make some cash that way and invest that either into a city plot or my personal island.

That's the very basic plan. If the Gold > Silver exchange rate is good when the game goes live, I may dump some of it to get a plot early.
    • Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

With my Legendary Founder's Pack and gold purchases so far, upon game release I should have a total of 76k gold, plus any other gold I may purchase before then.
      Upon release you will have the same amount of gold you did when closed beta began (plus what you paid cash for to SI). NOT 76k.
      Unless of course you actually bought 76k gold from SI.

Just to clarify: I have now bought 84k gold so far, so, along with my Legendary Founders bonus, upon release I should have 99k gold.

If the gold > silver rate is only 1:2 then I may reconsider spending it all at the start. What do you guys think? Is it worth waiting a time before selling or..?
      I'm looking for a guild:
      • London based
      • Minimal TeamSpeak
    • @Wanderlust
      Getting, say, private plot Saddler to T6 requires about 3mil silver in mats at the moment (so much more at game start), so maybe he's implying that this is only a viable route if you can save some silver by purchasing some island upgrades directly with gold...not 100% clear on that one.

On that note, assuming I immediately maxed my private island and had 5 farm plots, would I be wise in:
      • building 3 crop plots and 2 livestock plots until I could breed t4 horses
      • replacing one crop plot with a saddler until I could breed dire wolf pups
      • replacing one livestock plot with a kennel until I have 5 direwolf pups
      • replacing the second livestock with a kennel, leaving me with 2 crop farms, 2 kennels and 1 saddler
      I'm unsure what Direwolf pups eat so maybe I'm wrong.

Also, regarding city plots, can somebody tell me how reauctioning works? I currently own a shop that's the highest tier of its kind in the city and the feed costs are pretty much equal to what I make from it.

I don't mind sinking that initial 800k for the plot if I get to keep the place for the foreseeable future but if not, it's a huge waste of dollar dollar bill.
      I'm looking for a guild:
      • London based
      • Minimal TeamSpeak

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Loz ()

• Loz schrieb:

Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

Upon release you will have the same amount of gold you did when closed beta began (plus what you paid cash for to SI). NOT 76k.Unless of course you actually bought 76k gold from SI.
      Just to clarify: I have now bought 84k gold so far, so, along with my Legendary Founders bonus, upon release I should have 99k gold.
      You did not clarify. Did you buy it with real life money from SI, or did you buy gold ingame with silver?
    • Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

Upon release you will have the same amount of gold you did when closed beta began (plus what you paid cash for to SI). NOT 76k.Unless of course you actually bought 76k gold from SI.
      You did not clarify. Did you buy it with real life money from SI, or did you buy gold ingame with silver?
      sig says he's investing a couple hundred pounds, so I'd assume from SI for real life money. unfortunate if he bought it ingame.

@Wander the island only has 6 tiers, he's saying unlock your island to 6/6 so you have the most plots possible at your disposal as soon as the game releases
    • Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

Lapua schrieb:

Loz schrieb:

Apologies, I did in fact mean I bought with real life money. 105k now + founders 15k.
      I'm looking for a guild:
      • London based
      • Minimal TeamSpeak