Safe/Yellow Zone Progression Improvement (Sneak Peak)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Safe/Yellow Zone Progression Improvement (Sneak Peak)

Hi all,

if you haven't done so already, please read this first: "Hardcore" vs "Casual" Debate - Our Stance

In the current state of the game (11th December 2015), if you are playing in the safe or yellow zones, you will hit a progression wall at around tier 4 or 5.

What does this mean?

The problem
      • No more mobs to improve your combat skills on
      • No more ressource to improve gathering or crafting
      • No more difficulty progression of PvE content
      The way this currently works goes against our philosophy of not forcing players into the red/black zones. We want to get as many players as possible into those zones, but we do not want to force anybody. So how can we fix this issues without somehow making the red/black zones less valuable?

The solution
      • Provide higher tier mobs and higher tier PvE content in the green and yellow zones
      • Introduce the token/expedition/blueprint system, with a focus on safe/yellow zones (but not exclusive to these zones, see below)
      • Buff red and black zones. Ensure that the rewards are always better than in green/yellow if you dare take the risk.
      Tokens and blueprints
      • When killing mobs, be - disregarding the zone - you will get faction-themed tokens (in different factions, levels and tiers)
      • If you have enough tokens, you can exchange them into a blueprint for a special item (usually faction themed)
      • In order to create the special item, you will need to combine the blueprint with a normally crafted item. This item will usually require red/black zone ressources to make
      • In a nutshell: Special Item = Blueprint (usually from safe/yellow PvE) + Crated Item (usually from red/black zone and being crafted by red/black zone players!).
      • This makes sure that there is a direct synergy at work here. It also creates demand for high end items in the safe zones.
      • Special items will generally be more PvE themed than PvP themed
      Expeditions
      • We want to have a real difficulty progression also when it comes to PvE dungeosn and content
      • Main challenge for us there is that there is no proper way to control how many players enter a dungeon, this makes it hard to design challenging content
      • Gateway dungeons address this, however, they are fully open world which makes it hard to offer a good sense of progression there
      • Introducing expeditions: You can exchange tokens against an expedition map
      • With the expedition map, you can go to a ship and launch an expedition. This will take you to an island / cave / dungeon designed for a set number of players (we are looking into group sizes of 2, 5 and 15)
      • Expeditions will provide super challenged PvE content. The rewards will be better/further tokens that can be exchanged into blueprints or, potentially, more difficult expeditions
      All the best,
      Korn

P.S.: Note that this post is a sneak peak, details are still subject to change.
    • Questions and Answers

1) Wil this hurt the red/black zone economy?
      The above feature will significantly strengthen the demand for red/black zone items.

2) Why would I grind up fame and silver in red or black zones if I can do the new PvE content?
      We will add multipliers to silver and fame for red and black zones to make sure that if you dare to take the risk, they are always more rewarding.

3) Will I be able to get blueprints/tokens from red/black zones as well?
      Yes, and we will make sure that some of them are exclusive to red/black zones! As always, in Albion, the top end of everything can only be found there.

4) Are you neglecting PvP zones?
      No. We are actually working on additional objectives for PvP zones, involving capturable and maybe open world buildable/destructible buildings (think watchtowers, castles, outposts). This, however, is definitely too early stage to share right now.

5) What about my progression if I am gatherer?
      High tier ressources will stay exclusive to red and black zones. However, we are thinking about providing special gear or abilities aimed at gatherers that offer some extra protection against being ganked, either with some stealth options and/or some better escape tools. Of course, you will never be invulnerable.
    • am i the only one that just sees this post as

"We will bring higer tier mobs and resources into green zones" all that extra tokens and instanced expedition stuff is just fluff added to distract you from reading the main point which is bringing red and black zone content into green zones??

Just stop at the first bullet point. The rest is just added fluff...
      SI: please advertise this game as hardcore Farmville

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von coolguycooz ()

• You guys never fail to impress us with your ideas! This is definitely something that I've never seen done before in a game and can't wait to see it happen!. I do have one request. Did you make the open world dungeon mobs drop less fame then the exact same type of mob in the open world? Was that a mistake or intended? (T4 ones) Also any thought on adding a criminal system like others have suggested? Make Pvp in red/black zones more then just "see,attack,kill,move to next guy" cause that's all it is. It's not realistic. Make the pvpers THINK If it's worth attacking the other guys. I think that'd help one against zergs. Two help just the overall pvp. Now what you could also do with this is make it time based. Say for x amount of hours all red or black zones are free for all like now. But at x time the system kicks in. That way guilds or zergs still have a chance to go at it with each other.
    • Harming schrieb:

Sounds good. But i doubt the system will really get used. People will just grind out all of their fame in yellow/green to avoid the zergs in red and black and buy their gear or crafting materials from the guilds that own red/black zones.
      Sure. If you don't want to go above T5, you can stay in yellow/green zones. Ive been in red+ since t3, its different for everyone. THey cant please everyone, but they have pleased me. So they are doing something for someone right.
      "It's a 100% chance to fail, if you don't even try!"
      • I am okay with being able to farm efficiently in green zones, but I also want to see people getting rewarded for playing in PvP Zones, since it is more dangerous of course.
      • PvE content should be a lot more rewarding, I mean group PvE here. Currently you barely get anything for farming dungeons and they are also not really challenging. Either it's very easy or a boss is just way to difficult.
      • I don't think you need to buff Red and Black Zones, they are good as they are, but you don't get enough fame for farming, it's suffering at the moment.
      As a question : Any news about the new Fame system when it comes?
      Retired from Albion Online.
    • Harming schrieb:

Will you be including all mobs up to tier 10 in safe zones then with the rework? And do you plan to put all future tiers in safe as well as they come out?That would make the red/black zones only valuable for resource gathering.

Hi Harming,

not sure about that yet, but keep in mind that we will add a fame and silver multiplier for red/black zones. Also, all high end ressources and also the special ingredients such as essences, relic, souls will be exclusive to red/black zones.

We always want to encourage people to venture into red/black, but do not want to force them. So if you dare to go there, and with some skill, you will be heavily rewarded.

Also, after the above mentioned PvE update, we plan to add extra content to the PvE zones, but our thoughts are still early stage:
      No. We are actually working on additional objectives for PvP zones, involving capturable and maybe open world buildable/destructible buildings (think watchtowers, castles, outposts). This, however, is definitely too early stage to share right now.

All the best,
      Korn
    • Korn schrieb:

Harming schrieb:

Will you be including all mobs up to tier 10 in safe zones then with the rework? And do you plan to put all future tiers in safe as well as they come out?That would make the red/black zones only valuable for resource gathering.
      Hi Harming,

not sure about that yet, but keep in mind that we will add a fame and silver multiplier for red/black zones. Also, all high end ressources and also the special ingredients such as essences, relic, souls will be exclusive to red/black zones.

We always want to encourage people to venture into red/black, but do not want to force them. So if you dare to go there, and with some skill, you will be heavily rewarded.

Also, after the above mentioned PvE update, we plan to add extra content to the PvE zones, but our thoughts are still early stage:
      All the best,
      Korn
      This is interesting because in my opinion the biggest problem at the moment is the lack of places to farm effectively. My guild controls multiple red and black territory's but the fact will always be that it takes to long for the mobs to respawn at the moment and it takes to long for them to be worth the fame. Dungeons in these zones definitely need some kind of boost because its a bit hard to farm at this point in the game. There needs to be more rewarding group activities fame wise or else solo farming and 2 player farming will always be the best thing to do which is another reason that being a healer is so hard right now. Even the orange dungeons, however you wish to call them, have been horrible fame for our groups to clear because not only is it the hardest thing to do in the game at the moment but there is a huge risk for pretty much no reward..besides silver. My point being, everyone is hitting a wall right now, if your someone thinking about strolling to red/black zones to get some good fame, don't have high expectations for them because they can be just as bad.
    • Korn schrieb:

Questions and Answers

1) Wil this hurt the red/black zone economy?
      The above feature will significantly strengthen the demand for red/black zone items.

2) Why would I grind up fame and silver in red or black zones if I can do the new PvE content?
      We will add multipliers to silver and fame for red and black zones to make sure that if you dare to take the risk, they are always more rewarding.

3) Will I be able to get blueprints/tokens from red/black zones as well?
      Yes, and we will make sure that some of them are exclusive to red/black zones! As always, in Albion, the top end of everything can only be found there.

5) What about my progression if I am gatherer?
      High tier ressources will stay exclusive to red and black zones. However, we are thinking about providing special gear or abilities aimed at gatherers that offer some extra protection against being ganked, either with some stealth options and/or some better escape tools. Of course, you will never be invulnerable.
    • Korn schrieb:

Hi Klien,

I have got good news for you, we will significantly increase the spawn rates in red and black zones soon.

All the best,
      Korn
      For fame the problem is not just the spawn rate, which is terrible for higher end mobs. It is also this model that has super low fame which grows over time. The model was clearly inspired by the old UO type model where you could wander around the world and find different creatures to fight or resource to harvest but Albion, our new world, is vastly overcrowded for that idea to work. I think the ONLY full fame mob I have ever killed is a fox recently when no one was killing tier 2 mobs. It is counter-intuitive to have a fox be worth 450 fame (with premium) and a wolf or boar be half that or less. And I have been to red and black zones on roams so I think we are playing as intended but there is certainly no reward that is commensurate with the risk. The final factor is that to roam the red and black zones, you need a group. Usually you need a BIG group and you certainly can't fame farm with a big group anywhere in the game unless you think you are going to grind your 700k or much more fame at 50 fame a kill.

The only simple solution to this from a players perspective at this time is more world. If you had 3-4 server worlds running right now then it might be correct for the current population. I know we all want to avoid multiple worlds so there needs to be some more changes. This game does not play well when you see more people than empty resource nodes or critters to kill.