Arcane mage, my opinions on it and how I would like spells changed.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• That sexy .2 boots spell came from the mace line :3 and im glad they added them too boots.
    Yes turning the shield into a instant one would polish the skill by alot. They might need too adjust energyvalues then.
    I would love to see a fix that can satisfy all people when it comes too the .3. Before the patch people where concerned that tiering the staff up made no sense, now people want the old thing back. Personaly i like where the invulnerability is going, cause it gives us reason for progression. Furthermore a perfect invulnerability for 11 seconds, thats a bit too strong isnt it?
    They should definetly change the name now xD

@Delirio i strongly disagree with a heavy dps instead of a arcane. I would argue that a heavy cc would be better/ish.
    I play my arcane as a tank frontline, with the 1h/torch wombo. You have perma shield,beam,orb on 10 seconds. Your armor abilities all have 20 or less cooldown. It is viable, yet needs a great deal of teamwork. We tried it in gvg's on the staging server so far, against all kind if builds. You have less focus fire, you can purge alot of the new buffs, you offer cc, alot more dps when bursting someone and you support people via a perma shield if needed. You are basically meele, yet it was alot of fun to play arcane and see it do work.
  • Substanz_D wrote:

That sexy .2 boots spell came from the mace line :3 and im glad they added them too boots.
    Yes turning the shield into a instant one would polish the skill by alot. They might need too adjust energyvalues then.
    I would love to see a fix that can satisfy all people when it comes too the .3. Before the patch people where concerned that tiering the staff up made no sense, now people want the old thing back. Personaly i like where the invulnerability is going, cause it gives us reason for progression. Furthermore a perfect invulnerability for 11 seconds, thats a bit too strong isnt it?

@Delirio i strongly disagree with a heavy dps instead of a arcane. I would argue that a heavy cc would be better/ish.
    I play my arcane as a tank frontline, with the 1h/torch wombo. You have perma shield,beam,orb on 10 seconds. Your armor abilities all have 20 or less cooldown. It is viable, yet needs a great deal of teamwork. We tried it in gvg's on the staging server so far, against all kind if builds. You have less focus fire, you can purge alot of the new buffs, you offer cc, alot more dps when bursting someone and you support people via a perma shield if needed. You are basically meele, yet it was alot of fun to play arcane and see it do work.
    I agree, mate. One of the luxury problems arcane has is that empowering beam is over the top strong. I would love to rock a purge or cleanse with my build, but it's just not viable with the current burst meta (halberd, daggers, cursed). Why would I purge someone if I can just make them explode with a coordinated beam combo. Too many good options for W, only 1 subpar option for Q. Go figure.
  • Substanz_D wrote:

That sexy .2 boots spell came from the mace line :3 and im glad they added them too boots.

1h arcane can be good,but i was talking about Enigmatist staff.
  • Totaly agree, a purge on demand combined with a knockback will cripple most builds by alot. Nature heal stacks, sprints, damage buffs, armor/magic resist buffs, you all gonna loose them if you get hit by it. It is on a lousy 10 second ish cooldown compared to a 30+ cooldown of most abilities. If thats not good enough for you then i dont know.

The other two arcane staves have their role aswell, yet i dont know what people want for the .3 as an e ability. I like the current one, cause it progresses per level. The old one on the other hand was blocking of 100% damage for a ridiculously low energy cost, low cooldown, all for a very long time....... Yes it saved people that where in diffucult situations, but one should ask himself do we really need such a op defensiv mechanic in the game? Shouldnt the enigmatic shine without such a broken mechanic? I demand new spells for it, bring back the old orb Kappa ! :P
  • I think that something that could help arcane is moving a spell or two from W to Q.

Right now you have one option for Q, but you have what four or five for your W?

Being able to choose between shield, purge, and cleanse for example on the Q would be a awesome.

@Talion @Korn is there any reason why there is only a single option for Q atm and is it something considering being changed?
  • As always wear what fits your playstyle. Yet if we think of min-max theb the options are quite limited. There is only one ability on the arcane that sclaes with armor: Frazzle. Since no one is running a arcane dps light armor becomes less attractive. Another thing about arcane is the rather low energycost, wich implies that you dont need a energy regen intensiv gear. So what kind of armor helps arcane at this moment. Keeping in mind that arcanes role is support, wich leads to the conclusion that any armor that offers cc, support or heals is helpfull. Enough about theory, im playing a 1h arcane staff with torch offhand. Since i am in the frontline most of the time be it in open world, gvg, or pve, my armor of choice falls into the heavy line. It offers the most support, without much of a drawback. Im running .2 chest armor for the windwall, or .3 chest armor for enfeeble. For shoes .2 with the shield charge for maximum LEEEROY... JENKINS and obvious support reasons. The helmet leaves alot of options. I used a light helmet for extra knockback, or the mana regen, a medium helmet with smokescreen, or a heavy helmet with emergency heal(or stoneskin for your selfish needs) I m currently training my 5.5 arcane up. Yet i dont see an armor swap being a reasonable choice since the only thing i would swap around is either my chest or helmet depending on my group.

Greetz Subs
  • Substanz_D wrote:

As always wear what fits your playstyle. Yet if we think of min-max theb the options are quite limited. There is only one ability on the arcane that sclaes with armor: Frazzle. Since no one is running a arcane dps light armor becomes less attractive. Another thing about arcane is the rather low energycost, wich implies that you dont need a energy regen intensiv gear. So what kind of armor helps arcane at this moment. Keeping in mind that arcanes role is support, wich leads to the conclusion that any armor that offers cc, support or heals is helpfull. Enough about theory, im playing a 1h arcane staff with torch offhand. Since i am in the frontline most of the time be it in open world, gvg, or pve, my armor of choice falls into the heavy line. It offers the most support, without much of a drawback. Im running .2 chest armor for the windwall, or .3 chest armor for enfeeble. For shoes .2 with the shield charge for maximum LEEEROY... JENKINS and obvious support reasons. The helmet leaves alot of options. I used a light helmet for extra knockback, or the mana regen, a medium helmet with smokescreen, or a heavy helmet with emergency heal(or stoneskin for your selfish needs) I m currently training my 5.5 arcane up. Yet i dont see an armor swap being a reasonable choice since the only thing i would swap around is either my chest or helmet depending on my group.

Greetz Subs
    Thanks for the response. I too am wearing the. 2 plate because it seemed very support oriented. I have been looking for a different helm choice.