Chat Scrolling INSANITY!

• Chat Scrolling INSANITY!

The chat window needs to let you stop the scrolling, and have a bigger log of past messages.

I noticed a message from someone needing dps for a dungeon group but it scrolled by so fast i was not able to catch his name to ask for an invite. I saw the post go by 2 more times without being able to catch it, by the time i scroll up to get to it it is out of the buffer and gone, and new incoming messages are still scrolling the window at the same timie as me scrolling it and it all becomes a jittery unreadable mess.

When u scroll up incoming messages should add to the bottom but not continue scrolling, auto scroll should only happen when u are all he way at the bottom. Perhaps there should be some idication if u are not scrolled all the way down so that you know you wont bee seeing new incoming messages. After a certain amount of time with no input to the chat window, reset the display to the bottom and resume the autoscroll.

Chat is a key feature in an MMO so it better be more useable than this. Even if there is no gold spam chat scrolls too fast.
  • Make new chat window
    Add "Guild, Alliance, Party, Whispers" to the list of displayed stuff
    Ajust to your own needs

The chat is completely horrible in all mmorpgs out of the box. The first thing I do every time I log into a game is to clean up the chat like this.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • denym_ wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Make new chat window
    Add "Guild, Alliance, Party, Whispers" to the list of displayed stuff
    Ajust to your own needs

The chat is completely horrible in all mmorpgs out of the box. The first thing I do every time I log into a game is to clean up the chat like this.
    That doenst fix the issue that I am unable to scroll until all stop writing.
    No, but it enables you to make a window with as little activity as possible, so it scrolls less.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Fooky wrote:

Or just disable global chat. Everything else combined barely causes window to scroll and global is just a bunch of crap anyway.

Holoin wrote:

You can make custom chat tabs. Disable global/recruit/trade chats and you wonr have anymore spam.
    Still that is not a fix to the actual problem. U want to go through the history of the chat. Just someone needs to write a "." and its screwed. I have separated already everything to its own tab but most of them are barely usable.
  • denym_ wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Or just disable global chat. Everything else combined barely causes window to scroll and global is just a bunch of crap anyway.

Holoin wrote:

You can make custom chat tabs. Disable global/recruit/trade chats and you wonr have anymore spam.
    Still that is not a fix to the actual problem. U want to go through the history of the chat. Just someone needs to write a "." and its screwed. I have separated already everything to its own tab but most of them are barely usable.
    Well, sadly there is no solution to being able to easily scroll through the chat when thousands of players are writing at the same time. The only tab that is hard to follow is the global chat. The other chats are easy follow and see what others write.
  • global chat needs to go, it breaks the immersion and makes the world feel so much smaller...

big news shouldn't be instantly available to everyone anywhere, it should be passed on by word of mouth xD

it only took me 10 minutes to setup my channels so I don't miss anything but unticking global chat really helped from the start!
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434