Find it sad to see you have removed most shields.

• Find it sad to see you have removed most shields.

Hey Devs.
    Well i don´t get it why you have removed so much from the game.
    I mean like the shields, now you can only craft round shields.
    I liked that there were 3 types of shields you could craft, it gave some extra to the game for crafters and for those who wants to use shield.
    but i all so find it sad to see that you removed Throwing weapon.
    But otherwise good changes and i hope to see the other shields again later at some point,or throwing weapons.
  • It's funny how opinions can differ. I think shields went from being a waste of time to actually useful.

Let's face it, the long cooldown, low damage interrupt was silly, and all offhands have given up their active skill so that mainhands could have three active instead of two. This was a good change that made weapons more distinct.

However, the plus healing passive on the shield is genuinely useful for tanks and solo players. It's a good change, and fits with the role a shield is meant to play.
  • Taurean wrote:

It's funny how opinions can differ. I think shields went from being a waste of time to actually useful.

Let's face it, the long cooldown, low damage interrupt was silly, and all offhands have given up their active skill so that mainhands could have three active instead of two. This was a good change that made weapons more distinct.

However, the plus healing passive on the shield is genuinely useful for tanks and solo players. It's a good change, and fits with the role a shield is meant to play.
    The resistances only lower the damage by 0,1% as they are so low value. The healing zerk mechanic calculation makes the healing bonus very minuscule (15% of 1 healer to 5% advantage for 2 healers into 2% advantage for 3 healers) in fights where you tank a lot. As a melee you dont need the resilience.
    Worst part is that the t2 shield as good as t8 so why bother upgrading?

But you are right that the 1h weapons themself are much better now!

The post was edited 2 times, last by mulkmulkmulk ().

• True true but i wasen´t thinking stats wise aboute the shields :)
    I like Towershields :) it was more for the visiual (if spelled right), i just kinda get bored with Round shield, since allmost all mmorpgs has round shield as a kinda base/main.
    I just like you were able to were a spike shield or just a towershield.
    But the changes are still nice but i just hope at some point they would get the towershield back again even it is only visiual, but that still makes me wanna use shield even more :)
  • Wickedness wrote:

True true but i wasen´t thinking stats wise aboute the shields :)
    I like Towershields :) it was more for the visiual (if spelled right), i just kinda get bored with Round shield, since allmost all mmorpgs has round shield as a kinda base/main.
    I just like you were able to were a spike shield or just a towershield.
    But the changes are still nice but i just hope at some point they would get the towershield back again even it is only visiual, but that still makes me wanna use shield even more :)
    Now THAT I can get behind. They do indeed look awesome.