Poll: Should PC's standard mmorpg features (right click, HUD alternatives, etc) be sacrificed in order to have a "fair" cross-platform game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poll: Should PC's standard mmorpg features (right click, HUD alternatives, etc) be sacrificed in order to have a "fair" cross-platform game?

Should PC's standard mmorpg features (right click, HUD alternatives, etc) be sacrificed in order to have a "fair" cross-platform game? 282

The result is only visible to the participants.

I think we should make noise here.

I think trying to balance the game by limiting PC's just to make them "more similar" (because actually, they will never be) to Tablets is creating more damage than good.

Tablets are limited anyway (by screen size, no mouse, resolution, different keyboard sensation...etc). Why should PC pay and have no customization, no right click, or basically no nothing that can't be easily done in Tablets? Tablet should be for more simple and "daily work" stuff, .. gathering, chatting, idk ..or be aware and take the risk of a hunt in a Tablet, but hey..I don't think PC has to sacrifice standard features just because this is a cross platform game. So much in my mind, can't write all but I can't stop seeing people wanting more from PCs, and on the contrary I haven´t read anybody saying:

"I'll always be a Tablet user, please limit PC as much as needed; I need a fair game"

Maybe everybody would be fine with the idea of a PC being more flexible than a Tablet; that's the poll for.
    Don't be mad.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kahio ().

• I want to make strawpoll something like you ,the same question. I see i dont need to make it GJ:)

I think if devs go that way they focusing on to make game on tablets etc not on PC ( i think like 90% players will play game on pc and browser) it will be the last nail in the coffin.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Szweedu ().

• I don't know how you can expect to be competitive in PvP anyways playing on a tablet. I figured it was more of a "log in on transit or somewhere away from home and get my farms/pastures harvested/fed and check in on labourers and possibly gather some low end materials or renew auctions" type of thing.

Then once you've gotten home later that day you can go out and get into the more demanding, deeper parts of the game. I like the sounds of that system and thats what I was under the impression Albion was be developed like. Why handicap the rest of the game like that?
  • Aydiel wrote:

I don't know how you can expect to be competitive in PvP anyways playing on a tablet. I figured it was more of a "log in on transit or somewhere away from home and get my farms/pastures harvested/fed and check in on labourers and possibly gather some low end materials or renew auctions" type of thing.

Then once you've gotten home later that day you can go out and get into the more demanding, deeper parts of the game. I like the sounds of that system and thats what I was under the impression Albion was be developed like. Why handicap the rest of the game like that?
    Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I spent my time on the PC engaging in PvP/PvE and gathering resources when required. I installed AO on a tablet out of pure curiosity and found combat to be handicapped somewhat and began instead concentrating on gathering/crafting which was quite enjoyable, certainly wouldn't use it for combat related activities though.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I...
  • Winterfressh wrote:

Absolutely no need for right click feature. Just go and play some decent games, and you`ll see, none of them includes right click movement.

Also the HUD is charming, old school and works well.
    All decent isometric MMOs I played in my time featured right-click movement.

It's more controlled because not only does your character stop as soon as you release the button, you're also not clicking on players, resources etc that may be where you're left-clicking to move. I'm baffled at your certainty that there's no need for it, actually.
  • Adam1902 wrote:

Winterfressh wrote:

Absolutely no need for right click feature. Just go and play some decent games, and you`ll see, none of them includes right click movement.

It's more controlled because not only does your character stop as soon as you release the button, you're also not clicking on players, resources etc that may be where you're left-clicking to move. I'm baffled at your certainty that there's no need for it, actually.
    and about the HUD, its pretty, but HUGE. Just let us resize!
    Don't be mad.
  • Adam1902 wrote:

Winterfressh wrote:

If we talk about good MMOs which use left click, just check out Lineage 2. Hands down the best MMo up `till 2010, yet the movement is left-click based.
    For me it never caused any troubles at all. Dont click on players and resources if you don`t want to lol. Control your movement, it`s a freakin` game.
    Also you can stop your character anytime by clicking on the floor, just undernath you. You dont even have to face any other directions by doing that.
    I think you have general problems with using mouse as a part of a PC build.
  • So, as of now: 82% of people don't want PCs to be limited (6pp of this 82% are actually going to be playing on a Tablet, so its nice from them accepting that PCs should not be affected anyway).

About the 15% of people voting in favor of limiting PCs AND saying they are going to be playing on a PC; I can't help to get suspicious; since I haven't seen anybody comment on the forum with any arguments on this regard. I say "yeah right" (you are actually going to be playing on Tablets, and should be on the honest 3% of the poll).

Keep sending this poll to your Friends people! 82% is a great deal, we might get listened!
    Don't be mad.
  • I'm of the opinion that most people are playing with PC's anyway. In my unpublished wish-list I have this entry "I wish that I could customize my movement options, I shouldn't be forced to click to move because someone else chose a touch screen."

That being said, I can live with click, like I can live without everything on my wish list.
    The Chronicles of Whip
    Recruiter ● Founder ● Supporter