Instead of having a magical barrier around guild territories.

• Zarf wrote:

How do the castles work. When you control, are you allowed to past through the gate, while others cannot?

If they would make walls like catles have,and you can build doors were you want,that could work,but same way like castle door working,just guild who owns the teritory can go inside,and idea about NPC guards can be cool,and make some building for them,so you can upgrade them,this will really be cool,but i dont think so they will make it :D.....
    Join Albion Online Steam group :D steamcommunity.com/groups/albiononlinef2pmmo
  • Walls might be one option. My issue with a 10' wall is that imagine how long that would have taken to build... From a look / feel, it will make Albion feel less wild and much more developed. It might cramp the overall visual effect of the game. But maybe I'm crazy...

Another option which is less developed in appearance would be Chevel de frise (those pointy stick or metal barricades from medieval times through the American Civil War). There are a few reasons for this suggestion, and a possible additional mechanic that may be fun :) OK, so , as a log and sharpened branch look might fit with the overall appearance. Perhaps one mechanic is that like a building, it can be upgraded from the default stick appearance to Iron, steel, and even higher if possible. Like a building it would have durability, so it would have to be repaired from time to time (just like in real life). OK, for the fun mechanic, players that come in contact with them while in combat mode will start taking damage from them and will continue to as long as they remain in contact with them, while the Chevel de frise's durability is greater than 0. This will keep players in a siege / battle from hugging the outer wall, making these battles even more interesting. I have also seen some posts about people outside firing into the battle... They would also take damage from the Chevel de frise as well :) . As it is upgraded the amount of damage dealt will increase. Let me know your thoughts.
  • MissJovana wrote:

Well,this is medieval ,so walls and doors can work good,and npc guards too.....And yes,they can sell vanity walls even doors :D....Outfits for guards,,,,But yeah,i have like 50+ ideas what really can work here,but i post them after alpha in my mega block of text :D

Zetecua wrote:

Walls might be one option. My issue with a 10' wall is that imagine how long that would have taken to build... From a look / feel, it will make Albion feel less wild and much more developed. It might cramp the overall visual effect of the game. But maybe I'm crazy...

Another option which is less developed in appearance would be Chevel de frise (those pointy stick or metal barricades from medieval times through the American Civil War). There are a few reasons for this suggestion, and a possible additional mechanic that may be fun :) OK, so , as a log and sharpened branch look might fit with the overall appearance. Perhaps one mechanic is that like a building, it can be upgraded from the default stick appearance to Iron, steel, and even higher if possible. Like a building it would have durability, so it would have to be repaired from time to time (just like in real life). OK, for the fun mechanic, players that come in contact with them while in combat mode will start taking damage from them and will continue to as long as they remain in contact with them, while the Chevel de frise's durability is greater than 0. This will keep players in a siege / battle from hugging the outer wall, making these battles even more interesting. I have also seen some posts about people outside firing into the battle... They would also take damage from the Chevel de frise as well :) . As it is upgraded the amount of damage dealt will increase. Let me know your thoughts.

i like all these ideas, but that's because I like to modify vanity/buff features. Keep the great ideas coming.
    BlastLord
  • @Chersk , @Salio, @Jaden ...

Empa wrote:

A cluster is a full on map that you load into.

And territories are section of that map that you can capture with your guild

There was some discussion about this point about 2 weeks ago. Empa was kind enough to clear it up. This topic is about territories inside of a cluster (the map), not about the cluster as a whole. I believe you are referring to the cluster and maybe misunderstanding the terminology.

A magical barrier currently surrounds guild territories inside the cluster (map). We are asking for something more tangible to surround the territory like a wall or Chevel de frise (barricades), to be more ascetically appealing.
  • walls/barricades would limit your movement. say you enter the zone from the bottom of the map. now the opening in the wall is at the top of your guild territory. you have to walk all the way around your territory to enter. this takes away from one of the advantages of being the owner of a territory, the option of being able to retreat quickly into your land.

same can be said if a random player comes near your land. a guild member notices him, alerts the guild to go chase after him. well as it happens the player is all the way near a corner of the map or the opposite side of the entrance and can just simply walk away. he would just come back and harvest stuff near your territory again knowing full well there is nothing a guild can do about it since they wouldn't be able to catch him in time.

if you add a wall and just let players walk right through it, well that would just look pretty weird. the magical barrier would look better walking through. i understand people want it for ascetics, but functionality shouldn't be sacrificed for it.
  • Salio wrote:

walls/barricades would limit your movement. say you enter the zone from the bottom of the map. now the opening in the wall is at the top of your guild territory. you have to walk all the way around your territory to enter. this takes away from one of the advantages of being the owner of a territory, the option of being able to retreat quickly into your land.

same can be said if a random player comes near your land. a guild member notices him, alerts the guild to go chase after him. well as it happens the player is all the way near a corner of the map or the opposite side of the entrance and can just simply walk away. he would just come back and harvest stuff near your territory again knowing full well there is nothing a guild can do about it since they wouldn't be able to catch him in time.

if you add a wall and just let players walk right through it, well that would just look pretty weird. the magical barrier would look better walking through. i understand people want it for ascetics, but functionality shouldn't be sacrificed for it.

Well i not agreed with you,simple because magic barier have no sense at all,its not look real,its there but its not even look to say hey we have there something....So yeah if we had walls,and doors that can look and you could say there is SOMETHING.....And yes,everything have pros and cons....
    Join Albion Online Steam group :D steamcommunity.com/groups/albiononlinef2pmmo

The post was edited 1 time, last by MissJovana ().