Ultrawide Resolution Support? 3440x1440

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I haven't got chance to test SLS with eyefinity, but if there is a way to config the game to user multiple monitors as one single large screen and actually rendering all active object across multiple screen extending the ratio like 48:9 for 3 full hd screen in SLS, then you can only imagine the advantage (not talking about the botters taking advantage of that creating bots that already knows where hostile players are and therefore sneaking around without being seen).

@MadDave @Korn @Talion have you tested the following scenario?
    - Setup 2-3 sceens as SLS (single screen mode, extended landscape 5760x1080 for 3 screens)
    - Open up android VM, load game at full host screen
    - Play and see if actually everything is rendered fully with the zoom level on a par with a single full hd, effectively extending the game of 2 full screens more left to right?

Something along these lines
    ozone3d.net/public/jegx/201103/amd_eyefinity_5x1_hd6990.jpg

The post was edited 6 times, last by OneTyper ().

• Hi everyone,

the problem with ultra-wide resolutions is that it gives you a broader field of view. In a competitive game like Albion Online this would give you an unfair advantage. It is essentially like a hardware-camera-hack and that is why we do not support it.

The game server will BTW limit the objects you can actually see, so even if you get the game to work on 3 screens you will not actually see mobs or other players on the 2 additional screens.

David
  • MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

the problem with ultra-wide resolutions is that it gives you a broader field of view. In a competitive game like Albion Online this would give you an unfair advantage. It is essentially like a hardware-camera-hack and that is why we do not support it.

The game server will BTW limit the objects you can actually see, so even if you get the game to work on 3 screens you will not actually see mobs or other players on the 2 additional screens.

David
    Are you guys able to detected an android vm running on extra resolution SLS, the android machine has the full resolution without any configuration inside treating it as a native being not the host where you can verify, and therefore function like a android tablet that happen to be like hardware modified and attached to a 5760x1080 lcd. If you are limiting that as well, I guess you are not using screen/driver detection, but you are actually cutting client side visual/data rendering based on a visual ratio fixed up to 16:9 as a rule?

Are you also considering android vm running at 1920x480 for example? I would be happy to test myself, but I do not want to lose my account trying. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by OneTyper ().

• OneTyper wrote:

MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David
    Are you guys able to detected an android vm running on extra resolution SLS, the android machine has the full resolution without any configuration inside treating it as a native being not the host where you can verify, and therefore function like a android tablet that happen to be like hardware modified and attached to a 5760x1080 lcd. If you are limiting that as well, I guess you are not using screen/driver detection, but you are actually cutting client side visual/data rendering based on a visual ratio fixed up to 16:9 as a rule?
    Are you also considering android vm running at 1920x480 for example? I would be happy to test myself, but I do not want to lose my account trying. :)
    the android game doesnt even run in full 4k resolution, you can change the resolution in game if you load it up on your phone. the resolution goes up to like 1280x800 i believe
  • MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David

I have a 19" ViewSonic Monitor, with 1440x900 Native resolution

This is my screen with a resolution of 1440x900

And this is one, if i use a custom resolution 1440x700

So, if i had 1 monitor of 30+" i could still exploit this issue.

Can't you just set a max horizontal relation aspect?
    Para comprar Albion Online con mi referido haz click aquí -->Comprar :)
    Gracias!!!
  • MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David
    Sorry @MadDave but like you can see in moveit124 screenshots, what you say is not what is happend right now.
    Can you clarify this please?

Thanks
    Gracias!!!
  • MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David

If the server limits the distance (clip plane) of characters and objects, why not enable ultrawide resolution then? I'd much rather have pop-in characters than seeing ugly black bars on the left and right of the screen. Since people are already making additional screens work anyways. You can pick up a budget ultra wide for less than $200. They are not a novelty item anymore and are becoming fairly common.
  • Dragnark wrote:

MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David
    Sorry @MadDave but like you can see in moveit124 screenshots, what you say is not what is happend right now.Can you clarify this please?

Thanks
    Almost 2 months... and still no answer..
    I am seeing more and more ppls with 3 screens/wide resolution.

@MadDave @Talion @Axolotl @Korn
    Gracias!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dragnark ().

• Dragnark wrote:

Dragnark wrote:

MadDave wrote:

Hi everyone,

David
    Sorry @MadDave but like you can see in moveit124 screenshots, what you say is not what is happend right now.Can you clarify this please?
    Thanks
    Almost 2 months... and still no answer..I am seeing more and more ppls with 3 screens/wide resolution.

@MadDave @Talion @Axolotl @Korn
    @Korn @Zetecua @Talion just throw us a bone about this!!! 3 months pass since last @MadDave comment this... So, just tell us please. Are you currently working on this issue, it is addressed and will be attend in the future... or i can go to the shop and buy 2+ monitor already :P ?
    Gracias!!!
  • why should they change it ?
    multi monitor or custom resolutions are nothing new.
    there arent that much games who restricting that kind of things.
    if i buy a montior wit hthe same kind of aspect ratio, but with a higher resolution, i can see more the nwith the old one.
    do you wanna limit everyones expieren to 800*600 or what ?
  • I hate to play a game with god damn pillar boxes, It is simple as hell just arrange the wiew point for21:9 aspect ratio to be fair with other aspect ratios. This should be applied to 4:3 against 16:9 too.

WHY DEVS ARE IGNORING THIS ISSUE? @Korn @Bercilak @Talion

also, ultrawide is a trending subject in high end gaming. I understand the concerns over "unfairness" but as I mentioned above it is really easy to arrange viewing point so that 21:9 wont get that advantage.