Are there any plans for skill shots? (directional targeting and ground targeted abilities)

• Are there any plans for skill shots? (directional targeting and ground targeted abilities)

The title pretty much says it all.

For those that aren't familiar with MOBA's. A skill shot generally refers to an ability in which you have to aim the effect in to the desired target taking into account the targets direction of travel, target speed, and the speed of your projectile.

Example (burning shot to a skill shot): Press Q and a flame arrow is fired in the arrow direction and travels until it hits a target or reaches the end of its predetermined range.

Example (barrage to a ground targeted ability): Press E when your cursor is over the desired target location and after a short delay the area is pelted with arrows and anything in the highlighted area takes damage.

Adding skill shots to this game would be -amazing-
  • Chersk wrote:

The title pretty much says it all.

For those that aren't familiar with MOBA's. A skill shot generally refers to an ability in which you have to aim the effect in to the desired target taking into account the targets direction of travel, target speed, and the speed of your projectile.

Example (burning shot to a skill shot): Press Q and a flame arrow is fired in the arrow direction and travels until it hits a target or reaches the end of its predetermined range.

Example (barrage to a ground targeted ability): Press E when your cursor is over the desired target location and after a short delay the area is pelted with arrows and anything in the highlighted area takes damage.

Adding skill shots to this game would be -amazing-

I dont really understand how you will example heal 1 guy in crowd of 20 people with skill shoot ? Or use some of the other skills ? I dont want skill shoots in this game,,nor i think this game suppose to be with skills shoots,.....
    Join Albion Online Steam group :D steamcommunity.com/groups/albiononlinef2pmmo
  • MissJovana wrote:

I dont really understand how you will example heal 1 guy in crowd of 20 people with skill shoot ? Or use some of the other skills ? I dont want skill shoots in this game,,nor i think this game suppose to be with skills shoots,.....

Not all abilities have to be skill shots and you could potentially build your character without any skill shots at all.
  • Combat should definitely have direct skill involved. By direct skill I mean physically aiming attacks, I'm fully aware that even with combat being as is there is skill involved with tactical/situational awareness nor I am debating that.

The more skill requirements you can implement into combat the more you weaken talentless zerg's as well.

Agree wholeheartedly with OP.
  • kompletist wrote:

Combat should definitely have direct skill involved. By direct skill I mean physically aiming attacks, I'm fully aware that even with combat being as is there is skill involved with tactical/situational awareness nor I am debating that.

The more skill requirements you can implement into combat the more you weaken talentless zerg's as well.

Agree wholeheartedly with OP.

I don't think its as much of a zerg thing as it is a fun thing. Connecting on a well placed skill shot is fun and rewarding gameplay.