Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

• big map......please have an option for it to load in already showing the player zone.

Speed up how long it takes the big map to zoom to player location. It takes a really long time just for the flashy effect and is rough in pvp zones.

Player selection cd.....after targeting a player you literally have to wait to cast spells or it will still be targeting the previous target. Really swapping target should happen before the next spellcasting happens. It's really noticable as heals and with server lag it gets bad.
    • Firstly, really LOVED the idea of adding a Bounty System in the game but couldn't find the original post which was written in here.

Secondly, not sure if someone already mentioned didn't read the posts written here but having WAR event against guilds vs guild where a specific guild can declare war against another one and default those guild members can kill each others in RED zones without opening PK (Same as flagged systems)
    • MonteQristo wrote:

Secondly, not sure if someone already mentioned didn't read the posts written here but having WAR event against guilds vs guild where a specific guild can declare war against another one and default those guild members can kill each others in RED zones without opening PK (Same as flagged systems)
      Loved this in UO. I would take it a step further and say warring guilds should be able to kill each other anywhere, including town (like it was in UO). But I suppose that would invite scamming, like someone logs on one day and is town ganked for his/her flex gear cause two guild leaders plotted to get his stuff that way. Maybe if they added a mechanic that gives the person two minutes to either quit the guild or change out of the good gear before being attackable, but just the first time logging on since the war declaration.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blenfjorn ().

• 1) Introduce LEASHES/TETHERS for mounts.
      Having to mount, then dismount, pick up rough stone, then mount then dismount to go 10 paces and pick up another rough stone is ... (I'll use the word "outrageous.") OUTRAGEOUS!!! Having to listen to the OX moo and groan and moo and groan a thousand bijillion times a day, when you only play for about an hour a day, is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Who came up with this system??!!!

2) Get rid of the Dismount CoolDown
      If my number 1 suggestion is taken, then my number 2 suggestion would be pointless. However, if number 1 is NOT made reality then at least get rid of the Dismount Cooldown.

3) Rework the Chat system
      ...OR ... make it a violation of the chat rules/TOS/EULA for a person to sit in the chat and make deranged/demented comments for HOURS everyday! the number one reason I play Albion less these days is because is because of the mind-numbing comments that you are inundated with in chat!

The post was edited 1 time, last by WhatMMOhaventIplayed: additional comments ().

• WhatMMOhaventIplayed wrote:

1) Introduce LEASHES/TETHERS for mounts.
      Having to mount, then dismount, pick up rough stone, then mount then dismount to go 10 paces and pick up another rough stone is ... (I'll use the word "outrageous.") OUTRAGEOUS!!! Having to listen to the OX moo and groan and moo and groan a thousand bijillion times a day, when you only play for about an hour a day, is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Who came up with this system??!!!

2) Get rid of the Dismount CoolDown
      If my number 1 suggestion is taken, then my number 2 suggestion would be pointless. However, if number 1 is NOT made reality then at least get rid of the Dismount Cooldown.

3) Rework the Chat system
      ...OR ... make it a violation of the chat rules/TOS/EULA for a person to sit in the chat and make deranged/demented comments for HOURS everyday! the number one reason I play Albion less these days is because is because of the mind-numbing comments that you are inundated with in chat!
      The mount system is actually way better now than it was back in the first beta days. If you unmounted then you had no circle, and if u were overweight, you couldn't move until you remounted. If you're getting attacked, you're screwed (be it by another player, a mob, etc). And for the big kicker, there was no bubble, so as soon as you "get up" (in the scenario of getting knocked out by mobs) the mob just re-attacked before you could mount again. Each time you lose 10% of resources and could just end up with nil, or giving up and clicking die (happened to me twice in beta). So while your complaint may have merit, I would say to you "it could be worse". I think you can shut off the "moo" sounds though? Not sure, but I think you can.

For the chat system, maybe just rework your chat. You can filter out all the annoying global chat stuff. I have a tab where I can see it if I want (99% of the time I don't want) and other tabs where global is filtered out. You aren't going to stop global chat trolls, but you can block your view of them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• how bout they at least dont let ppl evaporate your mount in one hit if your not o. It

Balaster wrote:

My argument:

Ganking by its nature promotes bullying, theft, and homicide. Ganking is not PvP due to one party not being a willing participant. In the current system, it allows and promotes a harmful gaming style. It allows one or more players to roam around killing and stealing from other players with very little costs or consequences. It ruins the play experience for the person being ganked.

I understand this is an open PvP game, but the consequences of this behavior need to be greater than those currently existing. In real life, these behaviors come with severe punishments. The reason for these punishments is because of the amount of harm it brings to civilization. It is my belief that allowing ganking with very little consequence will inhibit growth for the game and will drive current players away from the game.

I have a couple of solutions I would like to propose.

1. Negative reputation should force a player to be flagged as full PvP all the time. If a player is seeking to run around killing players who are not flagged for PvP, then the fair consequence would be to make them always subject to the same.
      2. As negative reputation increases then market place tax should increase. This should be a dramatic increase. In the real world, thieves do not get full value for the items that they steal.
      3. Alliances and guilds should be able to set a threshold on their territories that causes players with negative reputation to be kill on site to the npc guards of those territories. This would allow organizations in the game to choose whether to promote ganking or not.
      4. As negative reputation increases your character should appear on the mini map. Not sure if its possible, but high levels of negative reputation could also cause you to be searchable.

There may be short term rewards for allowing this abhorrent behavior in the game, but in the long term these players will either leave due to boredom or they will drive away players such as me. Ganking in the long term is not fulfilling and being ganked creates anger and resentment. These negative results will not result in a long term benefit for the game.

Sincerely,

Balaster Woodwalker

P.S. Until there is some change to this system, I will no longer support this game with my hard earned money. I have cancelled my subscriptions. I may continue to play this game as a farming/island sim but my interests in participating in the open world are greatly diminished.
    • mount should not dissapear in one hit if your not riding it unfair to farmers and skewed toward gankers kinda makes me think the creators make it easier to gank and by that way encourage it. Nothing else can be killed or made to dissapear in one hit even my mount if I'm on it, major bs that needs to be fixed. Ppl pay money for island and crafting and focus and the like we are the backbone of albion not gankers maybe a lil more respect should be given.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dankmos ().

• 1. Ability to choose font size at least in the chat, better - everyware.

2. Add ability to move tabs in the chat.

3. Ability to copy text from the chat. It can be pasted, but not copied.

4. Button to unmute all muted players. Menu to manage list of muted players.

5. Ability to rotate the camera.

UPD
      6. Timezone filter on the map, showing GvG timezones on tiles.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Baxxu ().

• I like most of what AO is doing and devs have many fixes in the pipeline it seems.

Only thing that I think could help with BZ commuters and portal use is this: (image attached)

- 8 mini portals around the edge with randomised location -or- select when using gate from city. Helps for more secretive entry.
      - City linked chest in middle of portal area, eg. Thetford gates link to Thetford bank, reduces downtime of needing to back and forth via the portal.
      - Large super powerful stone golem NPC guarding over the chest that responds to pvp attacks against those banking
      - Only those aligned with the gate can bank at it and be protected by the golem

Dunno, might be a useless idea but could be fun
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.04.57 am.png

52.73 kB, 863×864, viewed 70 times
    • - prevent players from skip solo dungeons only by chests. (clearing a % of mobs / floors to release boss would be ok)

- Improvements loot in group dungeons. (solo dgs more lucrative today. WTF?)

- Improve islands... need more content / npcs and functions. (all islands I see today are empty because? because nothing is profitable! only farms on the islands and this needs to change)