Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interface. It makes this game worse than in could be.

1. Want a toggleable option to Right Click through interface to move. Would prevent many situations when you fail your dodge or chase by clicking on minimap.
      2. Want a way to customize GUI at least a bit, by moving and resizing specific elements instead of what we have now - two 'sizes' and two static 'layouts' for everything on screen.
      3. Chat is just outrageous for a 2019 mmo, both in look and usability. At least I want an option to change its transparency (so I'll finally be able to read party chat in snowy locations for ex.) and an option to NOT store my message after closing the chat line.

There are many other lesser things about it. GUI is the first basic element you encounter in any videogame, and in such a project it must either be ideal for everyone (which we know almost impossibru) or have some degree of personal custimization.
    • I'm fairly new but some things I thought might make the game more interesting:

1. More mob types in open world. I've traveled between two of the major towns, through multiple tiles, to see nothing but the same zombie type open world mobs. Maybe this changes later? But from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be enough variety in terms of open world mobs.

2. No open world impact on killing mobs. I think it would be cool to have a real open world impact when mobs are killed. Such as a camp disappears after it is cleared. When I played Rift I thought the open world rifts were cool and fun to clear that were random zone events. I think just some random zone events would help spice things up such as mobs porting in through portals or something. Maybe demons raiding in open world. More PVE things to do would be nice.

3. Player made quests. The ability for players to create quests for other players to do, such as a mission board of some sort would be cool. Could be anywhere from gather these materials for x reward to kill this person and bring me his head. Players should drop heads when killed.

4. Better marketplace. Eve online had a good marketplace interface, something like this. There needs to be buyers and sellers all on one screen and the ability to quickly see what prices are going for in different areas would be nice too. Perhaps "trader" could be a skill that you work up to and one of those unlocks is the ability to see prices further and further from the city that you are at, along with things like paying less market tax or something as you skill up.
    • Hello, after my first 200 hours of albion I may have something to contribute.

1. feels silly that the mov. speed is not changed by the terrain

2. interface gets annoying, if it was possible I would hide every element in the interface but the minimap and the healthbars/energy bars.

3. building and upgrading stuff is so crude, something that would be awesome would be a separate client specially designed to build and edit islands and territories. something like a build mode client that would look like a simcity/thesims build mode.

4. dungeons are boring, maps are boring, they're all so very similar. the dungeons mainly.
      there should be a decent procedural level generation engine working to make these dungeons NEVER the same, like the one in poe:

thank you. I soon will make threads about 1. and 3.

edit.
      5. please add an auto-pathing system that uses the road to guide the character, i dont care if I die, I just want to be able to move without being constantly there, guiding it, on blue zones, yellow zones, and eventually even on red zones when i'm with my t4 worthless set / t3 horse.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azathoth: forgot one very important thing. ().

• 1. Implement the ability for anybody to choose what color the dot on the map is for each party member. Ideally this would show on the map dot as well as a halo around the player name in list.

2. Implement the ability for each player to set their own markers on tank, heal, support (yes please add a support role....arcane is not dps or heal or tank). Ideally a market would also show the targets of these players. Color highlights would ideally match what you have set for the player icon from idea 1.

3. Dungeon maps currently are very much like expedition maps. They are not dungeons they are linear paths. They are just power fame farm food. Crack. I really miss real dungeons. Places to explore. Room for multiple parties. The current random dungeons would make great offshoots of dungeons but are not great dungeons by themselves. Seems like HCE just was made accessible instead of actually addressing pve and making it decent again.
    • Hade wrote:

I'd like to implement a buildable market on our island, it shall be really comfortable for us and others. It will decrease mass amount of people in every single market and bank causing massive lags!
      you can already do this. You can build a market (Auction House) on any guild island. And guild island takes like 12k to buy. And you can have unlimited number or guild islands...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Hade wrote:

I'd like to implement a buildable market on our island, it shall be really comfortable for us and others. It will decrease mass amount of people in every single market and bank causing massive lags!
      you can already do this. You can build a market (Auction House) on any guild island. And guild island takes like 12k to buy. And you can have unlimited number or guild islands...
      Woah i didn't know about this one! Thank you alot Comrade ;)
    • 1- Clan wars in the open world, where you can make PVP with any opponent of the enemy clan on any map. The members of the rival clan will carry crossed swords over their name to differentiate them, the deaths give points to the clan and have no item drop when they die. It would be nice to start the fight between members of clans in war had a protectiono to avoid being killed by players outside the war of these clans.

Likewise, the wars between factions (since there is already enough drop of equipment for death) did not have drop when dying, the pvp would be more dynamic and more faction points would be harnessed in combat.

2- Scrolls of teleportation to cities. The map is enormously large and traveling often to other cities occupies a huge time that could be invested by the player in other aspects of the game. Many times groups are made and it can be lost up to 20 or 30 minutes to get between cities. These items would facilitate the trip and also increase trade between cities.

3 - Items PVP. Tier 6, 7 and 8 could have an option of damage and extra defense in pvp, either for the quality of the object or for any item that is added. This option could also reduce the probability of drop (optionally) at death, making these teams more playable, because the fear of losing them by death is significant.
    • New

1. Town clothes what you can port to Caerleon in (they offer no ip value and can just be novelty. Basically HP-wise and IP-wise its the same as being 'naked'. I prefer to cover up my goods most of the time). This is available in games like UO, Guild Wars 2, and others I'm sure. Not everyone likes running around in their skivvies all the time (those who enjoy that can ignore the town clothes option and keep showing the goods to all).

2. Some new NPC factions. Getting bored of the ones we have. Perhaps a faction of Ice People so we can get an Ice Cape.

3. Maybe more towns now that its Free To Play. The new towns can be smaller and not be part of the faction war (and thus not have their own capes), but a few towns to keep the "over-populated" thing happening in Royal Cities.
    • New

Hello everyone and have a nice day/evening/night (depending on timezone :D)... I hope you'll enjoy my 3 suggestions. Some of they you probably seen somewhere in the forum, but mayby my options would be different from others in details. It's horribly long, so I needed to put some texts in spoilers to not use whole page just for it ;D. So let's start:

1. Head Hunters (Bounty Hunters):

Display Spoiler
      - New "faction" with NPC Faction Master.
      - When you'll be knocked down (Yellow Zones) or killed (Red and Black Zones) by Hostlie Player, you can place a bounty for his "head" (not literally :P ). You can do this from Death/Knock Down screen or directly in Bounty Hunters Office (BHO). You'll be allowed to do this up to 48h from Knock Down/Kill.
      - Creating bounty will be annonymus.
      - After making bounty, there will be set of details about target: Nickname, Guild/Alliance, Faction, Name of map where Knock Down/Kill attempted and Time when it happened.
      - Bounty lasts for 7 days or till deletion from creator.
      - Minimal prize to set a bounty would be 100 000 Silver. You can also add an selected item as reward.
      - Everyone who want to hunt wanted person can do this from BHO.
      - Wanted person will not see bounty for him/her.
      - all friends, guild and alliance members of Wanted person will not be allowed to take a "job" for that person.
      - Maximum party size for bounty hunters would be 3 to give wanted person at least minimal change to escape.
      - Only one person/party can take a job about selected wanted person.
      - After taking a job, bounty hunters will get information on screen where wanted person is now (Not precise, only map). This info will automaticly refresh every 10 minutes. Not working in Towns, Tunnels, Islands and Black Zone Portal Maps.
      - Wanted Person will be shown on screen marked as Hostlie (Red) with specyfic icon above nickname (something like criminal's skill but different icon).
      - Wanted Person can be killed even on Blue Zones, but in that case only by Bounty Hunters who took a job for that person, and can defend him/her -self against them. Everyone in Blue Zone and everyone not pvp flagged (on other maps) who is not a member of bounty hunters party will not be allowed to make any interactions both with wanted person and bounty hunters.
      - Players who are flagged for pvp can still attack wanted person in Yellow/Red/Black Zones. If wanted person will be knocked down by hostlie player/mob in Blue/Yellow Zone, it will be not attackeble for bounty hunters for 15 minutes from reviving, and bounty will not be cancelled. Also, informations about wanted person position will be disabled for this time. If a Hostlie Player (not a bounty hunter) will kill wanted person in Red/Black Zone, bounty will be cancelled.
      - After completing a job, bounty hunters would need to go to BHO to collect reward.

2. Some improvements for transport of goods.

- Make new mount, eg. T6 with max weight about 10 000kg on normal quality up to 15 000kg on legendary.
      - Make new upgrade for selected mounts: Transport Carts.
      - Transport Cart would be permanent "addon" to mount like Horse, Ox, Deer and Bear.
      - Depending on Tier (from 3 to 8 ) Transport Cart will add 2000kg up to 10 000kg.
      - Mount with Transport Cart will have speed reduced by 10%.
      - You can make Transport Cart in Toolmaker, and upgrade selected mount in Saddler.

3. Add some maps to Royal Continent.

As we can see now, Black Zones Continent is much larger than Royal. It would be nice to make RC little bigger with addition of 1-2 new Towns that will join Faction War.

Of course those are just ideas, and all features and numbers are things which may be changed. I hope you'll like it and I'm waiting for your constructive opinions (both positive and negative).

The post was edited 3 times, last by MrFler ().

• New

MrFler wrote:

Hello everyone and have a nice day/evening/night (depending on timezone :D)... I hope you'll enjoy my 3 suggestions. Some of they you probably seen somewhere in the forum, but mayby my options would be different from others in details. It's horribly long, so I needed to put some texts in spoilers to not use whole page just for it ;D. So let's start:

Display Spoiler
      - When you'll be knocked down (Yellow Zones) or killed (Red and Black Zones) by Hostlie Player, you can place a bounty for his "head" (not literally :P ). You can do this from Death/Knock Down screen or directly in Bounty Hunters Office (BHO). You'll be allowed to do this up to 48h from Knock Down/Kill.
      - After making bounty, there will be set of details about target: Nickname, Guild/Alliance, Faction, Name of map where Knock Down/Kill attempted and Time when it happened.
      - Minimal prize to set a bounty would be 100 000 Silver. You can also add an selected item as reward.
      - all friends, guild and alliance members of Wanted person will not be allowed to take a "job" for that person.
      - Maximum party size for bounty hunters would be 3 to give wanted person at least minimal change to escape.
      - After taking a job, bounty hunters will get information on screen where wanted person is now (Not precise, only map). This info will automaticly refresh every 10 minutes. Not working in Towns, Tunnels, Islands and Black Zone Portal Maps.
      - Wanted Person will be shown on screen marked as Hostlie (Red) with specyfic icon above nickname (something like criminal's skill but different icon).
      - Wanted Person can be killed even on Blue Zones, but in that case only by Bounty Hunters who took a job for that person, and can defend him/her -self against them. Everyone in Blue Zone and everyone not pvp flagged (on other maps) who is not a member of bounty hunters party will not be allowed to make any interactions both with wanted person and bounty hunters.
      - Players who are flagged for pvp can still attack wanted person in Yellow/Red/Black Zones. If wanted person will be knocked down by hostlie player/mob in Blue/Yellow Zone, it will be not attackeble for bounty hunters for 15 minutes from reviving, and bounty will not be cancelled. Also, informations about wanted person position will be disabled for this time. If a Hostlie Player (not a bounty hunter) will kill wanted person in Red/Black Zone, bounty will be cancelled.
      - After completing a job, bounty hunters would need to go to BHO to collect reward.

I don't hate the bounty idea, but let me offer this scenario.
      I am in yellow zone in my flex gear (full 8.3 MP items), flagged but not in faction . You allow me to KO you, and then put bounty on my head.
      Immediately I am ganked by 3 of your friends who are in this bounty hunting faction, and lose my flex gear, unaware this was even possible (in this scenario you scammed me). Or I just happen to get hit later in the blue zone with the same flex gear.

The idea is pretty good (but likely hard to implement at this time), but I would take out the part about being ganked in blue or yellow zone. Also, there should be a penalty for being in the bounty hunting faction. Like you have to pay to get in it, or you can't leave it for a certain amount of time (a day perhaps). As you list it, it is all reward and no risk/penalty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• New

Blenfjorn wrote:

MrFler wrote:

Display Spoiler

I don't hate the bounty idea, but let me offer this scenario.I am in yellow zone in my flex gear (full 8.3 MP items), flagged but not in faction . You allow me to KO you, and then put bounty on my head.
      Immediately I am ganked by 3 of your friends who are in this bounty hunting faction, and lose my flex gear, unaware this was even possible (in this scenario you scammed me). Or I just happen to get hit later in the blue zone with the same flex gear.

The idea is pretty good (but likely hard to implement at this time), but I would take out the part about being ganked in blue or yellow zone. Also, there should be a penalty for being in the bounty hunting faction. Like you have to pay to get in it, or you can't leave it for a certain amount of time (a day perhaps). As you list it, it is all reward and no risk/penalty.
      Maybe I wrote it worng (english is not my native language) so there is little missunderstanding. Bounty Hunters is not a Faction as you think. You are not a member or something. You just go to BHO, get a job from the list, you go and get it done, and after that you are not a Bounty Hunter. So my friends can't just wait for you somewhere nearby coz BHO would be in town, so you'll have time to go anywhere and I will don't know your exact location. I hope it's more clear now.

Also, It could be changed that I can place bounty only in BHO, not in Knock down/Kill screen so that scam you mentioned shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MrFler ().

• New

MrFler wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

MrFler wrote:

Display Spoiler

I don't hate the bounty idea, but let me offer this scenario.I am in yellow zone in my flex gear (full 8.3 MP items), flagged but not in faction . You allow me to KO you, and then put bounty on my head.Immediately I am ganked by 3 of your friends who are in this bounty hunting faction, and lose my flex gear, unaware this was even possible (in this scenario you scammed me). Or I just happen to get hit later in the blue zone with the same flex gear.

Maybe I wrote it worng (english is not my native language) so there is little missunderstanding. Bounty Hunters is not a Faction as you think. You are not a member or something. You just go to BHO, get a job from the list, you go and get it done, and after that you are not a Bounty Hunter. So my friends can't just wait for you somewhere nearby coz BHO would be in town, so you'll have time to go anywhere and I will don't know your exact location. I hope it's more clear now.
      Also, It could be changed that I can place bounty only in BHO, not in Knock down/Kill screen so that scam you mentioned shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Better. But many gankers will have separate account alts ready to collect their own bounty. Kill someone on one account, then check for the job on the other account. Take the job, kill their main with their alt, then the bounty placer not only got ganked, but gave the ganker extra money. One time in Ultima Online, I killed a dude, and he put a bounty on my head (not through the mechanics of the game, but simply saying anyone who shows him proof of my death will get money) and I killed myself with an alt, and showed him the body, and collected on my own bounty. Then informed him both characters were me lol... Good times, but the idea would be flawed to favor the guy with the bounty on him, if he was smart and expecting it.
    • New

I would propose a pretty sick thing: alliances removal. 300 people is already a crowd, but now we have alliances with thousands of people which is completely wrong for pvp based game. Just think about if every guild could compete with others without getting zerged. It would be more competitive so more fun.
      Second one is the more people assisted killing you, the higher chance for your items to trash. It would reduce ganking squad size. Currently there is no punishment for going 10 people ganking group so basically most kills happen in a heavily outnumbered fights with no counterplay.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Toisen: second point ().

• New

Toisen wrote:

I would propose a pretty sick thing: alliances removal. 300 people is already a crowd, but now we have alliances with thousands of people which is completely wrong for pvp based game. Just think about if every guild could compete with others without getting zerged. It would be more competitive so more fun.
      I completly agree, they say it is this way because guilds would work around to be allies even if it is not possible, but leave it harder to happen! friendly fire would be real, it's reallly hard to control members looking to kill others players, if it's possible (red) they will kill, then illegal alliances would break naturally.

300 is already too much