Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

• Whats happens lately in the world of game of mmo? Which are these that makes people not enjoy at all? is gaming world too overpopulated?
      I just came with something that my be one these changes.

Communication.

Old school players didnt have many ways too communicate and cooperate so easily. If you think this as a matter roll (roleplaying u know) it makes sense in terms of "medieval" age. It means they had fights (in all the ways.. even flaming each other :)) been in real contact mostly of time, even for trade and pvping people... Makes it more real.

My suggestions.

1º. The deep one: Remove global chat and trade..etc all the chats that involve global comunnication for nothing but SPAM, make say, whisper(in close range), guild(thats a way to control chats), groups... Anything that can be administrated by a player or managed by distance .
      2º A new city: For PKs (criminals) or neutral one...doesnt matter at all. I though about a Seaport(this opens so many matters and good way to make events to some teleport or island to go in ships...).

Forum moderators, Rules for make it people respect each other. Managing communities is... hard. Many opinions, which as it has to be, but the manners nowdays.... its better you try to control it by making players accept rules and moderate them.. this is a hard work because needs a team of moderators and coordinate them.

Crazy changes? i dont see it involving too much in game play... or role playing... makes communicate better in game, and well about another city... we need it!

BY THE WAY.... im sorry for my english (i hope it didnt hurt u much )) )
    • Main problem = The game has awesome content, yet this content is not avaiable for 99% of the user base..... which is not in a top guild

1. Add instanced pvp, arenas 1vs1. 2vs2. 5vs5. U can make it loot based or not, but definetely add a ranking system, without a ranking system it will become a way to pass time, so people would eventually get bored

2.. Make an Instanced smaller version of a castle siege, 5vs5, one team defends the other one attacks, wouldnt this be awesome? and very simple to do?

3. Make the GVG experience available to everyone, guys... i mean...everyone wants to do GVG but 0.1% of the server population gets to have fun at it...does this makes sense to you?. Make it so you can gather a group of friends and enjoy-- do it without having to capture territories

4. PVE: add variety to dungeons...change the spawn location of mobs, mix and match mobs of factions so you would encounter mobs from different factions in a single dungeon.

5. The core feature of the game is the class system, use it.... create dungeons that randomly change every time you enter them....once inside teams have to face different challenges, for example an ice dungeon with alot of archers that the only way to attack them is for everyone in the group to have a ranged weapon.... another example, dead ghouls which can only be defeated by melee weapons...most people like to try different classes and builds...well rewards them for doing so.

6. Mix the gathering + crafting experience with the pve experience, i feel like i only level gathering and crafting for profit....make it really important, for example create dungeon challenges, a 10 man dungeon where everyone has a role to play, half of the group needs to gather resources to activate a special totem in the middle of the map, there are waves of enemies coming so other part of the group has to defend the gatherers, after this happends everyone switches roles. - You can even make this dungeons to reward special builds, we need a double bladed staff to constantly stun little mobs that burst gatherers down... we need two tanks with one hand axes so they can heal themselves...because there are mobs that block healing.

Man i just feel that you can do SO MUCH with this game...just think creatively and know that small changes can bring alot of fun to the game...also some of these ideas do not require months of development

Have a good one
    • I play only for 5 days so i have not really a clue about all the features but the thing i really want to see fixed / added

1. Impose a timer on Trade chat 1 min per message

2. Impose a timer on Recruitment chat 3 min per message because the chat is nearly unreadable, before you read the message its gone replaced by other spamming recruiters

3. Add filter that recognize language so i can hide non english messages if i want to because i can't read them anyways and they just clutter the chat. People who can read this and enjoy this can have their happy unfilterd conversation and everyone wins.
    • 1. Black Zone needs to be at least 4x larger. The map isn't large enough to support the population.
      2. Increase required worn tier to level up. eg, to level from tier V to VI tier V must be worn. At minimum add a better bonus to wearing the better gear.
      3. Add floating Black Zone islands with portal spawns that move to simulate worm holes from eve. Worm holes are a great mechanic and could be well emulated and implemented.
    • Another 3 things for middle content of the game but now things that would be great but need a lot of the work. I don't want to write a wall of text so I choose one idea for PvE, PvP and Crafting:

First idea is for PvE. Another type of the expedition, more focused on the core mechanic of the game, gathering. Five of the players are joining strength for time limit hunting mission. Yours prey should be unique type of animal (example: Bizon :(
      • When you kill him you will get for exemple: 50 T5.3 Hides that are equally divided with other players. In team have to be at least one person that can skin that animal.
      • Map should be huge, because tracing that animal should be challenging.
      • In the wild should be other aggressive animals and after 10 min there should be released one overpowered animal that is beatable but really hard to do so. So you need to run/hide from it.
      • After reaching time limit you are teleported back to City, so you should be fast and be cooperative with teammates to complete quest.
      Second idea (PvP) is based on concept of the Black Zone Territories. ( King of the Hill Area ). On the Royal Continent there should be added new area that you can take control of it. When you have that territory in your possession. You are gaining a lot of money each minute. Everyone can attack your position any time so you have be ready to fight non stop. Of course there will be argument: "So i will take with me my 40 friends and we will easily take control of it". Yes that is true, so reward should be divided for every one person in party. So if you take 20 people with you it won't be worth it. The ideal situation should be 5-10 people that are controlling that area. KofH would be endless fighting zone so if you are bored you can find trouble pretty easily there.

If Dev team want to stop players that are complaining about boring gear. There is no other way. They must create custom crafting system and here is my idea. First of all, custom items would be T6+ and only weapons and armors. So the most important part of game would be intact. Why T6+ ? Because this is time when players are getting bored of playing with the same gear over and over again. For custom gear for sure, you have to make another market place.Now the most important part. On the start all stats and spells should be decided by random. Player would not have any control of it. After crafting more and more he would have more control of it. And after completing 100/100 in progresion he would have full control. Each Tier of items would have (items points, for exemple T6 would have 200 points). Player can choose spell (each spell have decided cost in items points in exemple Fire ball is worth 70 item point), after choosing spell, player can spent anything that is left in other statistics. This way any spell would be easy to balance, and would give developer team a little more freedom with creation of the spells.

That will be it for now. I really want to hear what players and devs are thinking about this ideas. ^^
    • Here they are:

1. Gallop. There are many issues with it so solution is: make gallop by default (not after moving few secs). And when you get damage - you get slowdown debuff for few secs. It makes much more sense than current behavior.
      2. Moving into another region right after arrival. This is another problem which makes town gameplay alot annoying. Decision: allow it. But make it impossible while in battle (some kind of debuff for few secs after getting hit).
      3. Cluster debuff for items. Just get rid of it. It does not make any sense.
    • 1. Would be awesome addition: battlegrounds 10v10, 8v8 domination kind, capture the flag etc... That you can sign in whenever you are

2. Make more expeditions really 1 for T6 is totally boring... Make 6 of them and add expeditions for T7 and T8

3. When you add points to 2 make "hard mode" for all expeditions with better loot and way more challenging mobs.

Game is grate just your server works very bad.
    • I would like to see a name change and sex change option in the premium store for gold currency or real money

This does not harm the game in any way nor does it effect any of the players and it will also result in a higher revenue for the company thus you can higher more staff or improve the server/DDoS protection.
    • lack of cheat detection and subsequent bans
      lack of gold buying tracking (from the illegal gold sellers)and subsequent bans
      lack of testing of anything(like stress testing server, or having anyone play so that devs knew about the 3 second cant retaliate after being forced off your mount)

after that
      no defences against ddos( is america immune to attack like before pearl harbour?)
      no steps taken against illegal gold sellers before launch they were there all thru beta
      no alpha phase
      gold trading should have been suspended at start of game for the first month or so while you sorted out illegal trading
      theres more but i really havent time
    • jonti wrote:

lack of testing of anything(like stress testing server, or having anyone play so that devs knew about the 3 second cant retaliate after being forced off your mount)
      SBI being unaware of the 3 second rule affecting even the gatherer (someone must've though of this use case during the design phase) was simply eye-opening really.

In effect the wording "unable to attack 3 seconds after dismounting" was implemented to the letter, but whoever thought that this should also apply to the defending side should be taken to the shed and put ouf of his misery...
    • Laronnar wrote:

Whats happens lately in the world of game of mmo? Which are these that makes people not enjoy at all? is gaming world too overpopulated?
      I just came with something that my be one these changes.

Communication.

Old school players didnt have many ways too communicate and cooperate so easily. If you think this as a matter roll (roleplaying u know) it makes sense in terms of "medieval" age. It means they had fights (in all the ways.. even flaming each other :)) been in real contact mostly of time, even for trade and pvping people... Makes it more real.

My suggestions.

1º. The deep one: Remove global chat and trade..etc all the chats that involve global comunnication for nothing but SPAM, make say, whisper(in close range), guild(thats a way to control chats), groups... Anything that can be administrated by a player or managed by distance .
      2º A new city: For PKs (criminals) or neutral one...doesnt matter at all. I though about a Seaport(this opens so many matters and good way to make events to some teleport or island to go in ships...).

Forum moderators, Rules for make it people respect each other. Managing communities is... hard. Many opinions, which as it has to be, but the manners nowdays.... its better you try to control it by making players accept rules and moderate them.. this is a hard work because needs a team of moderators and coordinate them.

Crazy changes? i dont see it involving too much in game play... or role playing... makes communicate better in game, and well about another city... we need it!

BY THE WAY.... im sorry for my english (i hope it didnt hurt u much )) )

Removing global chat - yes I agree. Other than help chat ofc. Limiting it to local chat would double down on the idea of "local economies" as well, and also help foster micro communities in each of the cities. As someone who has spent most of his time in Blackwatch and the surrounding areas skinning, most players I know are also skinners who live in Blackwatch, so when I travel elsewhere it has a foreign feeling to it!

Removing global chats would really help this. Guild recruitment could be managed via the forums and using placeable signs/banners in cities and their territories, as well as local chat.

If I had a guild that needed more skinners, I could just head over to Blackwatch and recruit there! If I needed armour crafters I'd head over to Fort Sterling.