Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

• 1) Introduce more faction content. It is fun but smuggling becomes boring after a while and there isnt really that much more, sadly
      2) Improve Arena / give more or different rewards for winning and also to the losing team. I know it is risk free content but waiting 10 mins for a round of arena is agonizing and more rewards might attract more players. And for gods sake please get rid of the overload mechanic in arena. I am forced to stay inside the city or at least not gather too much or i cannot do crafting while beeing in queue
      3) Maybe a real 1v1 hg or any kind of 1v1 pvp experience and not just duels. I am speaking of something like a mini colloseum with traps or any other kind of outplay mechanics. But please dont sell us CD as 1v1 content, cause it is just a more "balanced" version of dungeon diving.
    • Br4nsh4w wrote:

1: MMR rating for 2v2 and 5v5 hellgates similar to what the corrupted dungeons have. It would be great to be able to be matched up against similarly geared/ skilled players. That way 8.3 sweaty builds could have their own advanced difficulty to really dive into the meta and play competitively, and it gives the rest of us some chances to try out new builds/improve skills without breaking the bank, and new players can still have their blue zone hellgates, but without fear of getting ratted by those that go in with 8.3 MP because they know they can't lose gear.

2. Quests! Daily faction quests, or kill quests, or anything to force exploration and conflict in the open world other than the limited "quests" and world bosses that exist rn. I think the faction stuff is interesting, and with a lil work it could become something awesome.

3. Controller support! I think this game could be fun on controller, especially for harvesting/farmin/chillin. Possible targeting with the d pad could make pvp even possible.

Thanks for readin ^^
      100% up
    • 1. I would like to see a new server. I feel like to many players are all together on a single server. It makes certain activities take x10 longer in blue and yellow zones such as skinners, which basically everyone does. In the Bridgewatch area literally everyone is skinning and as such you are lucky to find 1 enemy spawned in each spawn area, with good luck. All the zones with increased animal enchant rates and spawns you basically kill maybe 3 enemies max every 5 minutes. It is ridiculous and makes leveling skinning take an incredible long amount of time unless you are lucky enough to have a guild that can kill aspects, protect the area, and allow you to harvest it to easily get to T6 skinning. While skinning technically has the highest value resources to farm, you can easily gather literally anything else nearly uncontested, especially wood and stone and make the same profit or more. ZvZ can cause input lag due to the high number of players, but also input lag in general is not uncommon at certain peak hours. Maybe it is just me but I find it mind boggling to have players from mobile, steam, and the official app all together. The botters do not help. Just performance wise it would be great if all the players were split into 2 servers, and then maybe optional merge into 1 server later down the line if population drops too low on 1 or the other.

2. Make the random dungeons on map infinite. Ie when you clear the entire dungeon you have the option of moving to a new random dungeon.

3. Add more zones to Royal Continent. There's too many players since game went free to play. Each bipme needs more zones on the map where you can find higher enchant rate animals or resources. There should not be only a couple out of an entire regions biome in a very small location. Likewise because of the few zones most players in the game will be in blue or yellow zones, making farming or grinding in these zones really slow. I remember before free to play there used to be zones with 35% enchant spawn rates for things throughout the entire game. What happened.....
    • Add a way to check where you have loot stored.

Would be nice to add a way to see where you have items stored in warcamps, territory and stuff like that. Maybe not exactly what is in them but maybe avrage item price or something like that or only where you have items but not telling us what is in them.

This is a good feature for roaming gankers especialy now with roads of avalon added. Players roam around the map alot more now and probably have items stored in alot more places.
    • 1. Real solution for ZvZ. Cluster queue is just dealing with consequences, it's not solving the main issue - people are not motivated to play in smaller fights on their own objectives. Game is motivating people to play to much together in alliances and mega alliances.
      2. Rework of arena with a better matchmaking/ranking system and more layouts and add a matchmaking system to corrupted dungeons.

3. Possibility to start the duel and set IP (auto downscale/upscale to some IP of equipped items) and some system for player/guild-driven turnament creation on islands with the arena with the possibility to spectate fights.
      HankTheNoob | Battles in AO

• 1. We need a reason to grow up!
      Albion online positioned itself as hardcore game. And its true for a first look. A lot of time and efforts needs to get full 500 mastery build.
      But its not necessary. Mastery points over 100 requires a lot of time, but its profit is only 0.2. ZERO POINT TWO, Carl!!!
      In case of rock-paper-scissors balance and IP equalization at different types of content, there is no any reason to waste a time for character leveling after t8 thing become available.
      Masteries should give more profit, than its currently do.
      2. Hit and run is OK! Its an interesting, dynamic PVP game-play, requires skill, reaction and fast visual analyses. And it was not imbalanced, because any mistake leads to 100% death.
      "We don't like hit and run tactic" - said developers of albion online. And what do we have now? We have a case, when the most effective builds use tactic: "just hit".
      It's a regression to RPG games, that where popular 10-20 years ago, like Lineage2. When you just stand opposite an enemy and use skills one by one while one of you will die.
      Currently even PVE-orientated games from 2000 like "WoW classic" have more dynamic PVP than albion. Sure, you can use some dynamic builds, But any "just press E" enemy like a claymore will easy to catch and kill you. Any tin can with a heavy plate and keepers helm is completely immortal for you.
      So please, stop braking "hit and run" weapons. It's already doesn't work.
      3. Optimization! Ping 300 IS NOT OK! Blinking enemies and skills IS NOT OK! Screen freeze and death at the next frame IS NOT OK on a top hardware and stable, over 100 Mbps internet connection.
      Where is the vaunted German quality?

The post was edited 3 times, last by BackOFF ().

• BackOFF wrote:

1. We need a reason to grow up!
      Albion online positioned itself as hardcore game. And its true for a first look. A lot of time and efforts needs to get full 500 mastery build.
      But its not necessary. Mastery points over 100 requires a lot of time, but its profit is only 0.2. ZERO POINT TWO, Carl!!!
      In case of rock-paper-scissors balance and IP equalization at different types of content, there is no any reason to waste a time for character leveling after t8 thing become available.
      Masteries should give more profit, than its currently do.
      2. Hit and run is OK! Its an interesting, dynamic PVP game-play, requires skill, reaction and fast visual analyses. And it was not imbalanced, because any mistake leads to 100% death.
      "We don't like hit and run tactic" - said developers of albion online. And what do we have now? We have a case, when the most effective builds use tactic: "just hit".
      It's a regression to RPG games, that where popular 10-20 years ago, like Lineage2. When you just stand opposite an enemy and use skills one by one while one of you will die.
      Currently even PVE-orientated games from 2000 like "WoW classic" have more dynamic PVP than albion. Sure, you can use some dynamic builds, But any "just press E" enemy like a claymore will easy to catch and kill you. Any tin can with a heavy plate and keepers helm is completely immortal for you.
      So please, stop braking "hit and run" weapons. It's already doesn't work.
      3. Optimization! Ping 300 IS NOT OK! Blinking enemies and skills IS NOT OK! Screen freeze and death at the next frame IS NOT OK on a top hardware and stable, over 100 Mbps internet connection.
      Where is the vaunted German quality?
      This comment made my day. I live in South Africa, 280ping is the best I can get on a 100mb fibre line, on 4G i get 270. Its pretty impossible to actually play any skill build if you live outside the US, game has become such trash and its so sad. The last 3 months also brought along some new features which are great, like 'rubberbanding', loving this new feature, especially in corrupted dungeons.
    • 1. Make SOLO Random Dungeon really solo. Set the close portal timeout to 0.

2. Make a mechanism for players to register Group Random Dungeon, up to yellow is ok (if up to black is too complicated), so that players can form party easier.

3. Introduce Trade Fame, which is increased by selling in the Black Market (based on the selling price), so that with certain Trade Fame, tax and / or set up fee will be reduced by a certain rate.
    • SkylighterHK wrote:

1. Make SOLO Random Dungeon really solo. Set the close portal timeout to 0.

2. Make a mechanism for players to register Group Random Dungeon, up to yellow is ok (if up to black is too complicated), so that players can form party easier.

3. Introduce Trade Fame, which is increased by selling in the Black Market (based on the selling price), so that with certain Trade Fame, tax and / or set up fee will be reduced by a certain rate.
      1. May be. It's safe now and that two minutes just makes a delay. Solo dungeons is already safe. So it doesn't matter.
      2. Cool. So you should not travel there and anyone wont have a possibility to kill you on yours way to a dungeon.
      3. cool. And you can leveling just in the town via a free fame from trading.

LOL... Do you think, this game is not casual enough? What will be the next ask? "Please make my character play instead of me"))
    • I would like a hotkey for the "take" or "harvest", or water button or whatever, so I can not click so much doing farming. Also a hotkey to pickup animals instead of a tiny button.

I use phone to harvest crops most days because on the PC client its too tedious. I would like some improvement in this area, since I can't make a macro to make this easier without getting banned, at least make the interface better, or give me easier ways than clicking a million times
    • BackOFF wrote:

2. Cool. So you should not travel there and anyone wont have a possibility to kill you on yours way to a dungeon.

LOL... Do you think, this game is not casual enough? What will be the next ask? "Please make my character play instead of me"))
      2. I didn't say we don't need to go to the dungeon. What I suggest is a way to form a party easier. Also I said it is ok to have it up to yellow zone if it is too complicated to make it in BZ.

3. There are numbers of way to level in the town only. E.g. crafting and farming. This game is not a combat ONLY game.

Actually islands are quite like what you said.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SkylighterHK ().

• SkylighterHK wrote:

BackOFF wrote:

2. I didn't say we don't need to go to the dungeon. What I suggest is a way to form a party easier. Also I said it is ok to have it up to yellow zone if it is too complicated to make it in BZ.
      3. There are numbers of way to level in the town only. E.g. crafting and farming. This game is not a combat ONLY game.

There is a party finder ingame already for making parties with other players. There is also a LFG channel in chat.

1, Update/Rework Party Finder to a much easier less weird to use system..
      2. Make a Castle war mode like in Runescape =D
      3. Add Bounty Hunter Missions and Placing bounties on players on death. Similar to the bounty system used in Star wars galaxies. Once the bounty hunter attacks his target the two players are locked in a 1v1 mode and the the winning player gets a shield so he can loot and get away without other players ganking him right after.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

SkylighterHK wrote:

BackOFF wrote:

2. I didn't say we don't need to go to the dungeon. What I suggest is a way to form a party easier. Also I said it is ok to have it up to yellow zone if it is too complicated to make it in BZ.3. There are numbers of way to level in the town only. E.g. crafting and farming. This game is not a combat ONLY game.

There is a party finder ingame already for making parties with other players. There is also a LFG channel in chat.
      1, Update/Rework Party Finder to a much easier less weird to use system..
      2. Make a Castle war mode like in Runescape =D
      3. Add Bounty Hunter Missions and Placing bounties on players on death. Similar to the bounty system used in Star wars galaxies. Once the bounty hunter attacks his target the two players are locked in a 1v1 mode and the the winning player gets a shield so he can loot and get away without other players ganking him right after.
      Wow! Its a really interesting idea. I mean 3rd point.
      I think, no need to add any "1x1" limitation. But its cool point to add a price for a character death in open world. Add some NPC, where people can set and receive a bounty for player head. And it will be an additional motivation for PVP in open world. More of that, it will be a possibility for some miner to revenge ganker )))
      But I'm afraid, people will abuse it. For example, if there is 10kk bounty for my head - I can make a deal with my friend to kill me and share the award. Any ideas, how to prevent it?