Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

• I have some suggestions:

1) Use items by lot.
      example: I have 500 bags of silver, it's boring have to use them one by one. It'd be a lot better if I could use them in lot, like 100 bags in one click, like the sharing.

2) More variety of monsters and dungeon, according to the map.
      example: If you're in a snowland, it'd be cooler if the dungeons could have snow as well.

3) Teleport to any Hideout you have acess, without then house system or at least don't lose you house after getting the portal.
    • 1. a larger royal continent footprint with more RZ tier 6 and 7, and potentially a few RZ T8 zones. This would spread out the Continent's PVPers, and increase accessibility for gatherers (Which is good for both gatherers AND PvPers) with at least one T7 RZ in each biome, there are currently only 3

2. Adding Cross Skill Prerequisites to the destiny board. Right now, you can just focus on a single skill and become an Elder without exposure any other single skill. A blacksmith should know how to use the armor he is forging, at least when getting into higher levels of mastery and specialization, or increase his chances of making a masterpiece. Or should know some magic before imbuing armor with magic spells. Additionally a fighter might have a bonus for knowing his armor intimately (knowing it's strengths and weaknesses) by knowing the crafting skill of that armor to higher degree. A mage/or fighter might also gain some benefit from knowing the strengths and weakness of the armor an opponent is wearing and gain a small bonus when the opponent is wearing armor the mage knows how to craft. This would broaden the skillsets that players need to learn to get even better, and reduce absolute specialization in just one build. It would make PvPers need to learn a little bit about carebearing, and would make carebears need to learn a bit more about fighting and potentially embrace PVP more.

2. Magic is currently principally Damage or Heal...Expanding magic would be nice. Scroll creation as a form of magical crafting. Utility magic would be a nice addition such as magical means of mending, conjuring, illusion (to create distraction of the player, or fear in the character), transmutation (to change things to other things of near or equal value), magical forms of resource gathering or magic that supports gatherers as support mages buffing gatherers. Or how about a mage with some clairvoyance, a mage who can focus on a gate to the next zone and tell you the number of players/PvPers are in the next zone and maybe how many deaths within the last 5 minutes.

And yes one more...

4. More mob variety as well as more high level solo wandering champion NPCs/mobs. I.e. like bonecrusher/evoker in forest biomes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WetWilly ().

• Lenient death loot rules. Like the guy above says - keep worn items.
      You have to remember that this is a computer game and a game is something that people want to play to take a break from reality.

There has to be more room/zones/continents with the sudden influx of new players, some players joined when the game had very few players so I am sure they had a good taste of adventure before the entire world of Albion turned into a chaos death skirmish land.

Going out to a zone to gather has become an unemployment benefit waiting queue. Seems to be no minute in any full loot zone where some crab or crab guild isnt going to harvest your already purposely trash gear just for pvp fame.

There is no point in playing for freelance players / adventurers and the like.

a solution to all these problems for almost any mmorpg game would be to make rare items more difficult to obtain (MUCH more difficult), but completely safe to use in any zone, so that fame farmers have their way whenever they want and keep them occupied, while a tasteful player can always just patiently wait out a death penalty with a cuppa tea and resume their gath/adventure when they get up.

crab gankers dont care about ur items anyway they just sell them, so why not make a PK reward based entirely on them. new players won't want to play without any safety like this. the server has become shockingly overcrowded and severely by tetris highscore farmers. Honestly go play a good MOBA and work your way to a top league there, this is an mmoRPG.

I was actually seriously considering buying a premium for a month to respect the game, but now ill just stick to my real life struggles as those have become more enjoyable than this...
    • I dont actually want to offend them crabs, teenagers and farmers should have their joy too, but why do you have to ruin the entire premise of an RPG with full loot? if theyre fame farming let them farm FAME, not to trash ur items.

The market is flooded with trash and low level gear. I dont think its ok for new players to be capable of obtaining any set gear with silver anyway. Items should disappear inside any market after a week of not being bought. including resources. to ensure people actually play the game to its fullest
    • Malthael6000 wrote:

You have to remember that this is a computer game and a game is something that people want to play to take a break from reality.
      There are dozens of MMORPGs without full loot. There are like...2 with full loot, and one of them is spreadsheets in space. Please don't encourage them to water down the only MMORPG that I actually like. You have options; I don't. I need the risk of loss to care about a game at all.

Malthael6000 wrote:

I'd like to see a much bigger world, too. I greatly prefer small group content, and there's not much open world content/progression for small groups. At least having the option to try living out in the boonies sounds interesting.

Malthael6000 wrote:

The market is flooded with trash and low level gear.
      This will always be a problem because crafting is incentivized with fame rather than just market value. You have to do it, even if it's a loss, in order to get to higher crafting levels. Personally I find the cheap low level gear and exponential cost increase toward higher tier gear to be really effective.

I can empathize with your dissatisfaction and frustration, but I strongly disagree that full loot is somehow inherently bad or antithetical to what an RPG is. Is D&D not the canonical RPG? There's real loss in that game, unless you add house rules.
    • lennnie wrote:

Malthael6000 wrote:

There are dozens of MMORPGs without full loot. There are like...2 with full loot, and one of them is spreadsheets in space. Please don't encourage them to water down the only MMORPG that I actually like. You have options; I don't. I need the risk of loss to care about a game at all.

>Thanx lennie. i know about various other games u can choose with less looting, but i struggle to find games that offer other things this one does, such as its player driven economy. I >dont mind paying to get a game but i want to be sure its the right game at least. I got stuck on Albion because i enjoy it immensely over other games, i dont really have a serious >problem with the loot, the problem is i think more to do with the current overcrowding of the game world.

Malthael6000 wrote:

I'd like to see a much bigger world, too. I greatly prefer small group content, and there's not much open world content/progression for small groups. At least having the option to try living out in the boonies sounds interesting.

Malthael6000 wrote:

The market is flooded with trash and low level gear.
      This will always be a problem because crafting is incentivized with fame rather than just market value. You have to do it, even if it's a loss, in order to get to higher crafting levels. Personally I find the cheap low level gear and exponential cost increase toward higher tier gear to be really effective.

>Yeah i agree, the prices for better gear do the trick, but u do have a lot of options when you have tons of silver. I just want to see what its like when the game is only just started and >there are no items on the markets so you and ur friends and all other players strive to craft the first best items in the game - bringing up the subject of caring to play it.

I can empathize with your dissatisfaction and frustration, but I strongly disagree that full loot is somehow inherently bad or antithetical to what an RPG is. Is D&D not the canonical RPG? There's real loss in that game, unless you add house rules.

No i dont mean to say that loot is a bad thing, I just thought there should be more to it. in fact the game should have in built features, like travelling to a place and mining resources to craft a soulstone - preserving ur loot upon death (using up the soulstone) or a fountain of youth that gives u other immunity. Also i believe that the best form of penalty for a death to player is actually a nice harsh timeout. imagine being locked out for a day or more on a character because you died in BZ. that would be really representative of your current failiure as you'd have to sleep on the fact that u died bringing more reality to it, rather than respawning instantly. naked. in the city. only to just to go to ur chest and chuck on some more cheap gear to feed (these days... most likely the very same ganker) 5 minutes later X)

And also i am indeed looking for a game with more building options. I want to be able to design constructions of various sorts in the environment, not just an outpose or an pseudo-nonexistent island. In fact if there were a way for an expensive pleasure for players to add zones to the game, where the zone - big or small, is entirely designed by you! where random players can wonder into and use the features - sometimes to your taxual benifit :). you have 100 billion silver? buy a zone, build a dungeon inside and fill it with monsters and resources and possibly loot leak options of your choosing. make your zone red/black and farm it for dead bodies of failed pve players that wandered into your personal creation :)
    • 1. to see other players on the map depending on what zone they are in, as waiting for them to arrive at dungeons can be quite painful when you don't know how far away they are.
      2. as a new player I would love to have some helpful hints and tips on the progression system, toggle it on and off would be useful for those who don't need the help.
      3. an easier way to see my players power rating and just to understand what that means and where I can go.
    • 1. More information, everywhere. Make it easier for us to know how certain spells scale with tier for example. For instance, if the tier affects the energy cost of a spell, change the energy cost to a different color (blue for example). Overall, give the players a lot more information from behind the scenes.
      2. Make the labels of pvp spells in the passive bar (top left corner) easier to read. For example, if you’re still learning the pvp spells from arena runs, you should be able to see what is affecting a player (the nature staff heal thingy or Fury) and what the passive does exactly. As of now, you can’t reall read it because it moves too fast and it unhovers.
      3. I know that this is supposed to be a player-driven game, but I think players should be able to access the information somewhere, with precise, up-to-date numbers. The wiki is fine and all, but many many pages are outdated, and information is kind of scattered all along the pages. My point is, if you don’t add the first 2 things, at least add the third.

No hate intended, I love this game, but these things are not huge, and would greatly improve the quality of gameplay for new players.
    • What about some legendary things? And hidden class. Like jedai class in swg at the begining. For example any legendary sword that has a chance 0.07% to drop from world boss and you need to up all your sword branch to use it and do final hit to boss or something like that. And you need to gear all set for 100% of potential.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BuXLoW ().

• I will just post one thing. I would appreciate some more functionality to LFG channel/chat. I would like to be able to add tags to a LFG post and also to filter for tags. Lately the LFG chat is 90% HCE. Which makes it pretty annoying to sort through if you want something else. Ideally I could add a chat tab that would only show me if, for example, someone wants a RZ BD tank near Lymhurst.