Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

• Bounty Boards in Albion

So this game is quite alike EvE online. Yet something that keeps the "Ganking" in check is Bounties.

I believe this is something that Albion is missing and would greatly improve many issues that come from over ganking.

How i would suggest it done is as follows.

A player can put a bounty on any other player and pay the amount they wish to place on the bounty.
      Another player must take the bounty from a board in any major city.
      Now when the player accesses the board, the hunter will be told where the Bounty was 30 mins ago or last online.
      the bounty is always red for the hunter and the bounty can be attacked in ANY zone. Except for major towns

Once the bounty is killed, the bounty hunter must return to the board and will receive the reward
      and then the player who put out the bounty will receive a mail informing the bounty was cleared and who by.

any number of players can take the same bounty and all will receive a mail informing the job was completed.

This will mean that the player who has the bounty on them will need to be extra careful. they will know they have a bounty but will not know who is hunting and the hunter will not be marked or need to be flagged. this may mean the bounty just runs naked but if this is the case, they will not be ganking, dungeon diving or any other activity, Miss their daily and many other problems it will cause them.

Also killing a bounty increases your Rep.
      This should also be a full loot drop no matter what the zone is.

Thanks
      Lord Antrim
      Kingz Guard
      Loyalty till Death
    • i would like to see races becoming a competitive game with prizes like the arena. when I first saw the trailer for albion, I remember hearing, everything in albion is made by players. of course you can only build a few types of buildings in specific areas. I want to see more freedom to build, more types of buildings and in more places. for example, the castle/forts that factions fight over, they could be upgraded to have those catapult/ballista artillery things on the corners, with a few archers and extra swordsmen. and then the northern corner has a tower with a door,(it already has that) that could go down to a basement, kind of like a hideout almost, but smaller. would love to see bigger castles, and smaller castles become an option too. give us freedom to build an actual town and put walls around it. and not just, in a premade faction town. but, let us go out in the black zone somewhere and make everything. there could be other styles of guild halls and houses, house1, hall2, or at least give builders the option to rotate the shops towards the streets, so you don't have to go around back. but, it just seems like a shame that, you can only build a few things in a few places. so, if there was more leeway in where you could build, not just hideouts, but houses, guild halls, shops, and hopefully one day castles. another thing, I think, if there is not going to be variety added in weapons and armor, then just add more skins, so that I can have top tier equipment and have weapons and armor that, look believable like, tier 6 swords and armor. but with tier 8 power. also, the color of the cloth on the armor, it shows the color of the tier, would it be bad to have that match the guild colors or faction colors instead ? another thing, I think items turn to trash too easily. they should only become trash if their health are below a certain durability, like in the red or yellow. even if we go into battle with 100 percent gear, most of it ends up as trash. I said this before in another post but, a lot of spells have really short duration, so short the spells are hardly useful. and the game would be better if these spells just had a longer duration. mining speed spell, and parry spell for broadsword, both need longer duration. oh! would be awesome if we could do more with boats and ships too. would really love to see, everybody hopping onboard a ship the guild bought, and going on a voyage, being able to travel around that way, instead of paying silver for weight of goods, just food for the long journey. I understand that's a lot more than just, letting us build castles and houses in the wild but. would be cool. or, if we could rotate camera angle. that would be helpful too. either types of horses, or skins. French spotted horse would be a great skin. greek corinthian helmet woud be a great skin.

The post was edited 4 times, last by seagle76 ().

• I know it says three but I really only have two since all i do now is spam HGS. Just change the 2v2 HG chest to the outer lands chest so players cant rat loot and force players to do what they where made for and fight. Then I think loot should be tuned down because in all fairness this is a mmo and solo/duo content shouldn't hand out better and more loot then group based content that takes four times as long to complete. One hg takes roughly 5-10mins and one t8 group dung can take from 20-60mins depending on how many floors/bosses/divers and hand out all most nothing in return.
    • 1. More Points of Interest - various static raid zones \ various above ground complexes\camps\forts

- A Vampire's Castle
      - An Enigmatic Wizard's Spire full of group puzzles
      - A Tropical Jungle Fortress of Sentient Tribal Lizards
      - etc.

2. More permanent objects that can be places on the actual game world.

- Player Houses
      - Decorations
      - Defensive structures

3. Massive interconnected static dungeons that allow you to enter at one location and pop out at another/in another zone. Points of interest built deep within these.

(4. "Entrance" graphics to replace the ugly green "portal" :P)
    • If someone leaves arena because they suck or don't like the look of other team members gear your whole group suffers, sometimes after waiting 10+min.. this is very lame and also on you devs to fix.

Also, if someone queues heals and puts on dps gear in arena this also ruins experience, you need to fix this asap or people wont bother at all.

Third, you need a low bracket arena for new people to try pvp, not against ppl in T8 who know everything or people will give up on the game in general. Your game introduces arena as a risk free way to adjust to pvp, if new people come in and get left in half a party or owned all they learn is, unless you have sunk 100+ hrs into farming to afford disposable, high tier gear you wont have a good time and people aren't interested. There needs to be some content available for people to try early on so they know what playstyle they want to invest in.

Considering this game has been running for some time it is already somewhat discouraging to see a feature like this so neglected. I understand this will also be making it easier for older players to acquire arena rewards which, shouldn't a game get progressively harder at high tier pvp? seems broke to me.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Wilisch ().

• Lord-Antrim wrote:

Bounty Boards in Albion

So this game is quite alike EvE online. Yet something that keeps the "Ganking" in check is Bounties.

I believe this is something that Albion is missing and would greatly improve many issues that come from over ganking.

How i would suggest it done is as follows.

A player can put a bounty on any other player and pay the amount they wish to place on the bounty.
      Another player must take the bounty from a board in any major city.
      Now when the player accesses the board, the hunter will be told where the Bounty was 30 mins ago or last online.
      the bounty is always red for the hunter and the bounty can be attacked in ANY zone. Except for major towns

Once the bounty is killed, the bounty hunter must return to the board and will receive the reward
      and then the player who put out the bounty will receive a mail informing the bounty was cleared and who by.

any number of players can take the same bounty and all will receive a mail informing the job was completed.

This will mean that the player who has the bounty on them will need to be extra careful. they will know they have a bounty but will not know who is hunting and the hunter will not be marked or need to be flagged. this may mean the bounty just runs naked but if this is the case, they will not be ganking, dungeon diving or any other activity, Miss their daily and many other problems it will cause them.

Also killing a bounty increases your Rep.
      This should also be a full loot drop no matter what the zone is.

Thanks
      Lord Antrim
      Kingz Guard
      I like this, don't get me wrong I'm not a ganker but I think they should still have some guidelines for hunter, like they can't attack in city and maybe some sort of icon or warning for the other player like city flags so they atleast know other player is a "hunter"
    • Improvements to the Party Finder
      1) The role choice on the right upper corner is pointless as soon as you setup/join a party, covering a part of the screen with information that is no longer important. Could you make it disappear when the player joins a group?
      2) If a party that is Looking For Players reaches its maximum size, it stops looking, but if someone leaves, it doesn't start looking again. Could you add an option on the Party Finder settings so I can choose for it to start looking again once someone leaves?
      3) Can you add a Faction filter? There's no point in looking for players that aren't part of your faction.
    • MClemente wrote:

Improvements to the Party Finder
      1) The role choice on the right upper corner is pointless as soon as you setup/join a party, covering a part of the screen with information that is no longer important. Could you make it disappear when the player joins a group?
      2) If a party that is Looking For Players reaches its maximum size, it stops looking, but if someone leaves, it doesn't start looking again. Could you add an option on the Party Finder settings so I can choose for it to start looking again once someone leaves?
      3) Can you add a Faction filter? There's no point in looking for players that aren't part of your faction
      Albions party finder is the worst in gaming history, I don't understand why something so simple in nature had to be so weird to use, A rework of the party finder is needed in a major way, It currently is crap and could be so much better. When you look for a party on the party finder it shouldn't auto make a party and it doing this makes this system even weirder.
    • I would like you to explain things better, for example your faction flag pvp is stated as below

"NOTE: Full-Loot PVP rules apply in ALL ZONES (even blue/safe zones) for Faction-flagged players. Are you SURE you want to flag for this city?"

This gives the general player base the idea you are only full loot to other city players. This is incorrect as I learned the hard way, ganked by 6 pvpers as soon as I left the city. This is the kind of misinformation that leads people to other games.
    • This might be a bit controversial, but I would like them to focus more on the PC client and less on the mobile client.
      That said a truly open world with "nodes" like BDO would be so nice, I think it would be possible with the graphic style and animation, but believe that the mobile clients might hold this back, might be wrong though.
    • I want more safe zones or better yet, zones where when u die u either lose your equipped stuff OR inventory. Also, a zone where you just drop a small number of random equipped items. In additon, there can also be a zone where there are just resources and u can only BRING gathering gear.

AND MOST IMPORTANT!!!! A WORKING GROUP FINDER!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Been playing for a few weeks now after I got excited saw the commercial about "making your own story".

My initial thoughts:-

Is this a sandbox rpg MMO?

When I think of sand box... I think of games like Minecraft... building my own house in the open world from resources gathered with all the freedom to create.

Of course I don't want to play minecraft.. I want to play a sandbox RPG MMO... so I was expecting this to be a bit more restrictve but with good lore and questing to level it out, some emrsion so I can "make my story" in the vast land of Albion.....

However the game achieve neither of those things.

Instead... I am having to buy a month of permium so you then buy an island, then only be able to build your house on certain set squares on that island, then the house looking exactly the same as everyone else's house thats been upgraded to that level. Not exactly sandbox...

In terms of lore and questing... there is none.

Actually of the areas and basic layouts of this game are extremely generic and repetitive.

I would best descirbe this game as ultra time consuming PvP game wearing the skin of an rpg MMO.

Is this game enjoyable none the less?

The party finder does not work. It finds like 1 person after like an hour of searching???

The expendition matches take like 10-12 miuntes to put you in expedition with other players? This i far too long.

Green and yellow zones are just boring and unrewarding in general. Won't be making my story there.... unless its the story of how I spent days repatively clicking on trees and bits of logs... Don't ge me wrong the gathering seems to be enjoyable for few days but you might find your brain leaking out goo for the repetative strain of having to do the same take over and over again for very little reward...

Actually the more I find out about the game mechanics, the more I realise there is only one way to really play...

I know he mantra is "make your own story" sand box game. You can still have nice content and make your own story though. These things are not mutually exclusive. There seems to be serious lack of content outside "making your own" via lynching people in gangs.

Some of the characters look really cheesy, like the island seller lady in the captains suite. It like someone stole the out of the EA game SIMs or "The priates of the caribean" kids mobile game.

You look at some of the mounts and gear skins... they looks really good... then every so often you have something just looks out of place...

Really kills it for me... the emersion aspect... actually mentioing SIMs... the whole farming aspect of this game seems exactly like SIMs....

You look at some of the mounts and gear skins... they looks really good... then every so often you have something just looks out of place...

I did have some fun fishing, but I guess that because it was truely randomised and involved some skill rather than buying gear combinations and performing repetitive button actions...

To summerise, I would have to say, there is only one obvious way to play this game for it to be rewarding or enjoyable, the game mechanics make sure everything is gear towards the PvP aspect of the game as well. So the idea of "making your own story".... its a bit false.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mcloki ().