Pinned Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My 2 cents :P

1.) Better movement control ex: S to stop moving, shift left click to auto attack your current target so you can "orb walk" ( move shift left auto, move shift left auto, move shift left auto )

2.) This is a biggie, i am in a small guild of 3 people lol. We were huge UO fans and love this game so far. One of the biggest enjoyments for us is pking currently however when you kill someone they
      take the dura penalty on death and we're left with trash? keep dura loss on pve not pvp, its no fun looting someone after a good fight to discover half the stuff turned to "trash".

3.) Repairing items currently is REDONKULOUS, its almost as much mats as crafting an item AND costs silver lol.

4.) quick 4th ( i love the game too much ) More pve stuff, skills, fishing, specializing in a few specific things ( being able to max everything is BAD for a sandbox game ),

NON TIERED LOOT! ( epic quality with special abilities etc ) it would suck to know theres only 8 tiers of items in the game and nothing else special to "hunt" for itemwise.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! game is so much fun!!!
    • 1. Sort out the possible easy hacks with cheat engine or you'll have big problem when you go f2p multiaccounting
      2. To get fame to guild in early game you'll just spam invite nubs and kick em. Could there be a better method to this?
      3. Too big guilds or alliances could be a problem if they get too far ahead. It would be really boring world if 60% of population were in one big carebear alliance. Make sustaining big guilds harder with like exponentially higher guild silver payments that takes alliances into consideration?
    • I have 3 things I would like to see implemented rather then cb
      b
      seen changed but rather implemented.

1) being a stranger to everyone who you meet in game, and the game being very guild orientated I think this idea I have would help the guild master a lot for promotions and who the real team players are. So for every building under construction I was thinking it would be helpful for guildmasters to have a tab on the buildings that are under construction that shows how much resources each guild member has put in towards completion of the building for promotion purposes. This would allow for the GM to see what players are an asset to the growing of the guilds property's. Anyone's thoughts on this?

2) another bag slot for a tool kit that kept all your tools in. The higher the quality the less weight the tools in there kit took up. So for instance, all 6 tools in your inventory took up 12% of you weight cap. If all the tools were in a tool kit they might take up 10%. If it was of master quality it would take up 8% of your total weight cap. Plus it's another gear slot...... We all love gear slots.... And it's something else to craft... We all love to craft.

3. Dropping stuff of the ground as opposed to destroying it. Being over weight and being attacked and having to destroy all your resources so you can run sucks.
      thanks for listening,
      Ironstalker
    • Traitorr wrote:

...or only apply to pve death. To the victor goes the spoils, not to the victor goes the trash.

lol, points for being funny. That said I disagree; trash is not just about the victor. While it might be a good idea to reduce the damage on use a bit so things stay in the game a little longer, pvp in a world where things can break while using them is part of the intrigue of the game.
    • After a few days of playing, here is my feedback :

- The game is quite intuitive (except some things I'll tell you after)
      - I like the system of moving, and the choice of camera
      - I really appreciate the crafting system, the auction (with orders)
      - I don't lag with my little connexion
      - The loots seems logical : money on human monsters, skin on animals
      - We have several objectives to not get bored : make money, complete quests of destiny board, having a mount (it's good that it's not so easy to have, to make it special), having an house etc...
      - Choose the skills on weapons and armors is an original way to personnalize the char

Now, the wrong points :

- To make money to start, we have to kill human monsters that are all agressive, and we are not well equiped to fight them, as we have no money. There should be non agressive human or another way to make a little money at the beginning.
      - The durability of equipments falls down too fast, and we spend all the money in it. So there is not enough money to craft something better, or buy at market.
      - The game is really hard when we play alone. If we die, there is (often) no way to take the stuff back. It's a respawn point most of the time, so even if we come safely to the body (with a lot of difficulty as we are naked) we must take the stuff one by one... and got killed while this time. I spend hours to make my stuff again to die in 1sec and loose everything. That's really frustrating instead of being fun.
      - To harvest, it's an obligation to go in dangerous places to get better materials. I died while harvesting. A monster respawned, and I couldn't switch with battle weapon and shield fast enough (and my skills were hide by the window of the bag, so I couldn't heal me or use "run"). There would be shorthands, and no window on the screen, hiding the skills.
      - It take too much time to take loots in the bag (a right click should be good, I think).
      - Wen we change iron ore into into iron bar (by exemple), we can't see the tchat window. This can be a problem if we spend a lot of time doing it.
      - We have not the time to read what is writing when we pass a warp (at least, once)
      - I think there should be explanations about the buildings, I didn't understand how to do, where we can build, what we must pay (apparently, we can give stones, wood... even if it's not our), why are some houses to sell...

Here it is, I will post again if I see something else.

keep the good job :)

ps : sorry, more than three things, but I wouldn't create a new post for that

The post was edited 2 times, last by Magcathe ().

• ZenChi wrote:

RiP wrote:

1. repair items with silver/gold not just materials.

2. a cash shop bag with unlimited weight or give premo members unlimited weight

3. portal scrolls to return back to town easy

2 would be considered Pay to win I think

3 is a great idea

I strongly urge against the idea of portal scrolls unless they are a rare mob drop and limited to one time use and the destination is randomly generated for each scroll. I know that many players really want to find ways around the pks, but recall and portals in UO were always dependent upon players' magic training, required reagents and/or copied scrolls and marked runes. In other words, instant travel isn't necessarily a bad idea; easy instant travel is. (Even the fixed-in-place moongates were not always predicable.)
    • Graveldog wrote:

1. Remove the trash system. Space is mostly at a premium and death is too harsh in that regard

Man, you won't see me really annoyed very often in this game I think, BUT I just got my first taste of a harsh series of deaths at the hands of a completely unexpected Elite pop. This mage was casting through staircases, walls, I was dead the moment I engaged it, sprint did nothing to help. Ended up losing 95% of my tier 3 gear. Huge setback for a solo player and I don't even consider it my fault. I tried to get away, but it was the equivalent of going from 0 to 60 mph in terms of mob strength. The mob having no Line of Sight requirements makes me insane, too. However, all the combat aside, full loot isn't harsh enough you decided to wreck our gear? I just don't understand that. I'd rather have it looted by other players. Corpses should last a lot longer, nothing should be destroyed. Perhaps it should take durability hits, sure, I can see that, but to lose almost everything on you in one fell swoop is just beyond me.

Anyway, rant over.
    • Foehammer wrote:

Man, you won't see me really annoyed very often in this game I think, BUT I just got my first taste of a harsh series of deaths at the hands of a completely unexpected Elite pop. This mage was casting through staircases, walls, I was dead the moment I engaged it, sprint did nothing to help. Ended up losing 95% of my tier 3 gear. Huge setback for a solo player and I don't even consider it my fault. I tried to get away, but it was the equivalent of going from 0 to 60 mph in terms of mob strength. The mob having no Line of Sight requirements makes me insane, too. However, all the combat aside, full loot isn't harsh enough you decided to wreck our gear? I just don't understand that. I'd rather have it looted by other players. Corpses should last a lot longer, nothing should be destroyed. Perhaps it should take durability hits, sure, I can see that, but to lose almost everything on you in one fell swoop is just beyond me.

Anyway, rant over.

I think this was created as another system to "drain" items and currency from the world. Many games experiment an unstoppable growth in general players wealth which turns into a broken economy. I think the lowering and eventurally breaking gear on death is a good thing, but the durability loss at of right now is too great on each death, it steps too quickly.
    • 1. Fix fame sharing especially for healers and add silver sharing options and rolling for loot.

2. Let is bind our weapons and tools to hot keys as well as letting us bind our move and interact to different keys. Moving to a target when you just trying to heal them is super annoying also add a bind able stop button. I'd love to have my move on left mouse, my interact on right button, and stop bound to spacebar. Would make this game so much more enjoyable to play. Don't hurt PC users because most tablets can't have mouse and keyboard.

3. Guild Permissions - in this kind of cut throat game you need a robust permission system to allow guilds to thrive

My one wish list for future expansions is sea combat with objectives at sea worth taking. Like pirate bases or sea creature that drop awesome stuff. Craft able, Buildable, Stealable boats. Make water travel super fast so people utilize it to move large quantities of goods. Add navigable rivers throughout the map which would make holding those inland sea ports very valuable with the ability to set a tax on all goods imported and exported. Create this whole dynamic water trading economy.
    • 1) Zone Camping - I realize that there are debuffs involved but they are ineffective as of now(Bring more people). People camp zones or hang out near by, they kill someone and then just run into town. Seems pretty carebear, I have no issues that they are killing people just that they can spam run into town aka "carebear" comment. If you are going to PK you should be prepared and have a chest or somewhere you can desposit, running into town for safety where newer players are coming out of simply doesn't help anything if you make it too easy. Simply providing the tools for them to become a PK and making it easy. Don't let PK's enter Major towns where new players are coming out of, make the risk higher for them. Create towns farther out they can bank and craft at with more experienced players and groups if they want to zone hop.

2) Right now T3 is the limit. You can craft and progress until then but after that requires guild runs in order to progress? So I either don't play or I wait for a large group to get minimal reward? UO it worked because the premise wasn't around pvp and was harsher if you did kill innocents. Risk is fine but of my 5 adventures into T4 area each time has resulted in fights and deaths by larger groups or zerg guilds.

I Love pvp and have played since UO but the systems in place seem to make it more about gathering large players and picking on smaller groups. I love the risk of going out to farm but the risk doesn't equal the reward
    • 1_ local server for Australia, bit of a disadvantage ping wise
      2_ smarter system for selecting nodes, auto weapon switch to tool in inventory when clicking resource, and re equip weapon after, it not having select tool from investors and manual switch back
      3_ mob aggressive less quickly when spawning for high latency players, and spells slower cast asi can't avoid spells due to latency
    • Getafyx wrote:

2) Right now T3 is the limit. You can craft and progress until then but after that requires guild runs in order to progress? So I either don't play or I wait for a large group to get minimal reward? UO it worked because the premise wasn't around pvp and was harsher if you did kill innocents. Risk is fine but of my 5 adventures into T4 area each time has resulted in fights and deaths by larger groups or zerg guilds.
      This is not really true. I've been watching this closely. I and some of my groups have soloed to tier 4. The primary stumblingblock is cash on hand. There are ways to get that money solo which I'm not going to discuss at this time.
    • Dreadstar wrote:

cryptfilter wrote:

1_ local server for Australia, bit of a disadvantage ping wise

Please don't do this. Don't split up the community. I want Aussiues, Russians, Brazilians all to play together.

I think he means a local cluster, so that they don't have high pings. Not to be able to play in a totally different server.
      Grow a beard, they said. Become a man, they said. Don't burn my family and pillage my village, they said.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pain ().

• Some ideas
      1) Mechanics/rules that negate the positive effects of having a huge guild vs a smaller guild / several smaller guilds in one alliance
      2) Mechanics/rules to cancel negative effects of having several smaller guilds in one alliance vs one huge zerg guild.
      2) More mechanics in play to ensure that clusters have a more dynamic feel. For example, resources respawn in different locations, rivers grow bigger and smaller, bridges can be destroyed)
      3) Cluster size increase
      4) I think reprocessing mats is too expensive atm
      5) The huge difference of mobs dropping silver in and outside of dungeons