Angepinnt Three Things You'd Like Changed in Albion Online

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 1.) More detailed map
      2.) Chat bubbles, I love seeing a victim running away while screaming "HELP"! It is so much more gratifying when you kill them. Seriously, I love chat bubbles.
      3.) a more streamlined Destiny board. "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler".-Albert Einstein
      I hope to provide more feedback later on how to accomplish this but will do so in a different feedback post. I want to study it more this week and I shall continue to ponder the issue...
    • 1. allow guilds to open up their territory for people to either rent housing or for crafting.

2. being able to set a cost for refinig/crafting that's in resources and not silver(money is the worst currency in the world)

3. city builder view so you know exactly where you can place things and not have to walk around like a moron wasting an infinite amount of time

4. make us able to build on grass! or being able to turn grassy areas into sandy areas. since t6 and up are insane in building size.

5. make us able to have tents as houses and not just chest storage. i would like to be able to move in my tent and have the chest outside this would be great to allow people more storage and yet remain in a little square.

6. AH FOR guild plots:)
      I say CAKE to fantasy races. <- feels left out

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von toadzers ()

• This is really long. I should really make another thread instead of posting it here X/ . But I want more people to read this.

1. Give more space in guild territories. Everyone needs a house to be sufficient in Albion Online. Having only a normal tent to live in can only get you so far. Only 1/3 of the guild members will have the space to make a house. This is because you only can place one house in one designated area of sand. There needs to be enough sand to place at least 2-3 houses in that specified area in a guild territory. Just the addition of making the sand terrain 2 units wider will make everyone more happy.

2. Rework the pvp debuff. Currently the pvp debuff really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Upon getting a skull you obtain a huge debuff which almost means certain death. Yeah I know, the only reason we have it is to discourage pvp in that zone. However, we should not even allow pvp in that zone if we are going to be utterly useless upon obtaining it.Our pvp system is one of the main reasons why everyone crowds to Albion Online. The full loot pvp and epic battles is eye candy to hardcore gamers and makes them stay. It makes them overlook all of the boring/grinding crafting elements in the game. We should be encouraging pvp. It should be our motto. The only way to make the pvp debuff work is to encourage pvp while at the same time, discourage pvp. This sounds impossible but it's quite simple. First off, just flat out remove the penalty of the debuff.This encourages pvp. Second, upon obtaining a skull/pvp debuff from attacking another player make it so you are shown as a red dot in the minimap/worldmap to every player in that zone. Third and final, while having the pvp debuff you are NOT allowed to leave the zone OR enter the safety of your guild territory. Now this discourages pvp in a good way! It makes the pvp in that zone very high risk and high reward. This method encourages pvp and discourages pvp. It makes pvpers think twice before attacking a player in a debuff zone. Can you last 5-10 minutes exposed in an unknown land unable to go back to your zone or to the safety of your guild territory? Last test we had this red dot system with the penalty but it was still really enjoyable. Once we saw a red dot on the map multiple guilds send scouting parties which lead to epic pvp battles. For some reason it was removed but I hope it gets implemented without the penalty.

3. The defender bonus is too high. When raiding a guild's territory the defending guild gets a 40% defender bonus to all stats. This makes the 5v5's too one sided. A player with full tier 3 should not have 1800 hp. That is absurd. He might as well be wearing full t5 or t6. Lower the defender bonus to 15% or give another disadvantage to the raiding guild such as make the defending guild able to build temporary turrets. It will make people bring resources to battle or before the war starts they can set it up with the 12 hour downtime. These turrets will do minimal damage and would not be a game changer. However if ignored it will become bothersome to the raiding guild. It will add another objective during 5v5 sieges and make it more engaging.
    • teasky schrieb:

The only way to make the pvp debuff work is to encourage pvp while at the same time, discourage pvp. This sounds impossible but it's quite simple. First off, just flat out remove the penalty of the debuff.This encourages pvp. Second, upon obtaining a skull/pvp debuff from attacking another player make it so you are shown as a red dot in the minimap/worldmap to every player in that zone. Third and final, while having the pvp debuff you are NOT allowed to leave the zone OR enter the safety of your guild territory. Now this discourages pvp in a good way! It makes the pvp in that zone very high risk and high reward. This method encourages pvp and discourages pvp. It makes pvpers think twice before attacking a player in a debuff zone. Can you last 5-10 minutes exposed in an unknown land unable to go back to your zone or to the safety of your guild territory?

@teasky this is defo one of the best ideas i have read so far this test.

a BIG +1 from me

edit - 1 question though, if say i hunted and killed a player with the red dot/skull would i then in return get the skull myself?? or would i be rewarded more for killing someone with a red dot/skull ???

hmmmmmmm..hmmmmmm indeed

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von GAANJAA ()

• GAANJAA schrieb:

teasky schrieb:

The only way to make the pvp debuff work is to encourage pvp while at the same time, discourage pvp. This sounds impossible but it's quite simple. First off, just flat out remove the penalty of the debuff.This encourages pvp. Second, upon obtaining a skull/pvp debuff from attacking another player make it so you are shown as a red dot in the minimap/worldmap to every player in that zone. Third and final, while having the pvp debuff you are NOT allowed to leave the zone OR enter the safety of your guild territory. Now this discourages pvp in a good way! It makes the pvp in that zone very high risk and high reward. This method encourages pvp and discourages pvp. It makes pvpers think twice before attacking a player in a debuff zone. Can you last 5-10 minutes exposed in an unknown land unable to go back to your zone or to the safety of your guild territory?

@teasky this is defo one of the best ideas i have read so far this test.

a BIG +1 from me

edit - 1 question though, if say i hunted and killed a player with the red dot/skull would i then in return get the skull myself?? or would i be rewarded more for killing someone with a red dot/skull ???

hmmmmmmm..hmmmmmm indeed

If you attack a skulled player you do not become skulled.
    • teasky schrieb:

2. Rework the pvp debuff. Currently the pvp debuff really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Upon getting a skull you obtain a huge debuff which almost means certain death. Yeah I know, the only reason we have it is to discourage pvp in that zone. However, we should not even allow pvp in that zone if we are going to be utterly useless upon obtaining it.Our pvp system is one of the main reasons why everyone crowds to Albion Online. The full loot pvp and epic battles is eye candy to hardcore gamers and makes them stay. It makes them overlook all of the boring/grinding crafting elements in the game. We should be encouraging pvp. It should be our motto. The only way to make the pvp debuff work is to encourage pvp while at the same time, discourage pvp. This sounds impossible but it's quite simple. First off, just flat out remove the penalty of the debuff.This encourages pvp. Second, upon obtaining a skull/pvp debuff from attacking another player make it so you are shown as a red dot in the minimap/worldmap to every player in that zone. Third and final, while having the pvp debuff you are NOT allowed to leave the zone OR enter the safety of your guild territory. Now this discourages pvp in a good way! It makes the pvp in that zone very high risk and high reward. This method encourages pvp and discourages pvp. It makes pvpers think twice before attacking a player in a debuff zone. Can you last 5-10 minutes exposed in an unknown land unable to go back to your zone or to the safety of your guild territory? Last test we had this red dot system with the penalty but it was still really enjoyable. Once we saw a red dot on the map multiple guilds send scouting parties which lead to epic pvp battles. For some reason it was removed but I hope it gets implemented without the penalty.

Not bad idea, but 5-10 minutes is way too short in my opinion. It gets removed before other players get to attacker. Allso, i bet some guilds start using this criminal for luring players.
    • teasky schrieb:

3. The defender bonus is too high. When raiding a guild's territory the defending guild gets a 40% defender bonus to all stats. This makes the 5v5's too one sided. A player with full tier 3 should not have 1800 hp. That is absurd. He might as well be wearing full t5 or t6. Lower the defender bonus to 15% or give another disadvantage to the raiding guild such as make the defending guild able to build temporary turrets. It will make people bring resources to battle or before the war starts they can set it up with the 12 hour downtime. These turrets will do minimal damage and would not be a game changer. However if ignored it will become bothersome to the raiding guild. It will add another objective during 5v5 sieges and make it more engaging.

You are supposed to "raid" instead of "conquer" a guild territory first to lower their defender bonus. Raiding will lower their defender bonus by 50% and if you win the raid the overall defender bonus gets lower. Then you can conquest. Alot of people like me didn't know this till a few days ago.
    • First of all I have to say that this game has a great future if it has the same dev`s support.

1) Well, I think map must be changed. Not only in towns with new icons but separate map for guild wars. There have to be icons of all your team independently of their distance from you. And icons of tents which can damage you.

2) PVP. Dont agree with teasky. Too radical. Good idea but not to the near future. Maybe it is right to forbid leaving current territory while you have a debuff. But I have another solution.

Firstly, if you tried to kill somebody you DO NOT get a debuff. Give a second to explain before throwing tomatoes :D

If you attacked or tried to kill smb but were not successful (he managed to leave territory) you are marked. It means that you can be killed by anyone and he will not get a debuff. But this mark does not weaken you. Lasts as long as debuff.
      If you attack your marked enemy, you are marked too but do not get a debuff in case of kill.
      If you killed smb who is not marked then you get a debuff. (And you get a debuff even you are not a killer. Same as now)
      So if you have a debuff you cant leave current territory ^^
      A bit complicated but more flexible sistem.
      Of course it is up to you to decide)

3) Well, I had been thought. Want to see alliances. If your guild has "friendship" with another, you can visit their territory. To save your life for example.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zetsu ()

• It's simply not possible for me to reduce my list of 30 suggestions down to a mere three. I have read, re-read and re-read again and again to try and give you just three but every time I look at it I end up with more than a dozen "must-haves" (at least in my book...I whittled it down to a baker's dozen.)

EDIT: And that doesn't include ANYTHING to do with PvP as I didn't do much of that at all this time around.

My referral code...feel free to use it :)
    • 1. More options for solo players, its fine if its 'harder' to solo, you dont need to put a tech ceiling on it too.
      2. Guild HQ building, solve lots of problems, multi purpose.
      3. Character customization diversity, some people only wanna do one thing and if someone just wants to gather and trade the game shouldnt punish them for limiting themselves but should reward specialization.
    • 1. More open-worldish (Without hurting the tech).

Currently the maps feels rather artificial, having square edges around every map with few entrances. That forces the maps to be packed really tight because you can't really fit most of the stuff in it, with incredible amounts of chokepoints. In short: The feeling is closer to a "tunnel-run" instead of "a true open world".

One way I would suggest to fix this is to create the map almost as if there was no borders to begin with "like one huge map" (the borders would still exist to minimize the amount of code that needs modifying), with no square-shaped edges of impassable terrain scattered around the map. This way you could create the map more freely, when the entrances wouldn't have to be strictly in chokepoints only, as it could be done for example on a huge clearing/open area.

Examples of what I mean (White squares showing the edges of zones)
      Spoiler anzeigen

Current:

Spoiler anzeigen

Suggested:

2. Lack of objectives to fight for

We do have some objectives, mostly castles. But that alone isn't really enough. I think the game could need a touch of other objectives so you'll get some real good all-out wars going on between guilds. I'll give some examples:

A long spawntimer boss, say 8 hours. Make the reward so that multiple guilds want to compete over it, while boss can be something like the 'harvester' or something harder (Harvester was absolutely perfect for the alpha). How this would work is guilds would try to both keep the timer a secret and get this boss as often as they can, while guilds who do not know the time would attempt to find out the timer by whatever means and possibly attempt to snipe the boss or the guild who's doing the boss itself.

Also, random events like a meteor hitting one of the red pvp areas into a random spot, bringing some rich resources with it. You'll want to get them, but at the same time you know so do others. These could possibly notify the players that something is about to happen. Alternatively, you can just open up the map view and see an icon on top of one of the clusters that says "Meteor strike in 8:27".

3. Point of Interests

So one thing that I also wanted to see, were points of interests. Graveyard for undeads, pyramids for mummies and other horrifying sand-like creatures, name it. Some awesome hunting areas you'd want to go with your guild for some good hunting. You can also go there and give other hunting groups some whooping.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Snowman ()

• teasky schrieb:

This is really long. I should really make another thread instead of posting it here X/ . But I want more people to read this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      This idea has tons of potential IMO. If you win in PvP, get marked as red and cannot leave the map or log. What happens if someone hunts you and you defend yourself and win. Does the Red timer reset. If this is the case, being marked red is inevitable death as you will be trapped in that zone until someone eventually kills you or you get lucky and no one is in the zone/interested in hunting you for long enough that the timer expires.
    • Gort schrieb:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      This idea has tons of potential IMO. If you win in PvP, get marked as red and cannot leave the map or log. What happens if someone hunts you and you defend yourself and win. Does the Red timer reset. If this is the case, being marked red is inevitable death as you will be trapped in that zone until someone eventually kills you or you get lucky and no one is in the zone/interested in hunting you for long enough that the timer expires.

I've never thought about that. The thing is the main reason there is a pvp debuff is because the devs want to discourage pvp in that zone. They don't want all pvp zones. Last test when you were skulled and attacked another player your timer resets with a bigger pvp debuff. If this is going to be implemented I don't know if the timer should reset or not. If the timer does reset, once you get a skull you always have to run which is not fun. If you keep fighting you will be always stuck in a never ending cycle. This can be abused because bounty hunters can keep running to you while naked/zerging t1 and you have no way to defend yourself. You have to kill them and reset your timer even though it is not worth killing them. However if the timer does not reset, it defeats it purpose. People will pvp in the zone without that much risk invovle. Sure, you are a red dot in the map and everyone can come kill you. But, if you have a team of 10-15 it will be impossible. The pvp junkies will mainly pvp in that zone because they want people to come to them which is ironic. That zone is meant to discourage pvp. The only way to fix this is to make a more of a disadvantage.

One idea is that instead of only being exposed as a red dot in that zone it to make it so you are exposed to the WHOLE WORLD. When you open your world map you can see all the red dots in other zones! It may be impossible to implement since the world map is already clunky as is but, think about it. This will open many possibilities. Guilds can claim to be freedom fighters only hunting and killing the red dots. Guilds don't have to zerg up in random and roam the other zoans wasting precious time hoping to find another guild to fight. More Guild VS Guild action will be taken place, the epitome of the best pvp experience in Albion online, because if a guild sees a group of 15 red dots in their red map they will drop what they are doing and try to fight them. You don't understand how much time I have wasted roaming zone after zone looking for a pvp fight. And even when I found one I kind of felt bad because they were only farming and they never wanted to fight. But with this addition, If I see someone with a red dot I know for sure that they are a bloody MURDERER and they want to fight and pvp. This may need an entire reword of the world map, but with this addition I believe it will change Albion Online forever for the good.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von teasky ()

• 1.Party System - it was nice when you were in a guild together but I would love to be able to party with a friend who isn't in my guild and have him marked as "not a threat" when we play together.

2. Minimap - I would love more options to interact with it, the double-click "Ping" was nice, maybe some personal markers or waypoints to mark locations for your party/group. I also come from Runescape and would love a feature where you would click on the Minimap and your character would do his best to travel to that location using the shortest path. you could easily break away by clicking off the map once to force a different movement or path.

3. Inventory - It felt a little slow with the Drag & Drop system, which reminds me when Minecraft had a similar feel to it, then they implemented the option to "SHIFT + Click" for an instant deposit/withdrawal of items to the nearest available open slot from top to bottom. As well as Left -click to pick up stack of items, Right-click to put down one from the stack or Left-click to put down the whole stack again. This system seems Simple and VERY convienent, also looting dead bodies and mobs would be faster in my opinion.