Too many guilds

• Too many guilds

Good morning y'all , all the way from TEXA , anyway I have been in forum for long time and I saw a lot of guilds around , even I in a guild right now but their is too many of them, they are everywhere @_@ , it's remind me by the 90's when you used to walk around in the old style market and too many shops selling the same product lol , but I was wondering once the game start how many guilds will be left over? And how many will be gone ? Share you opinion and have a bless day ^^ :saint:
  • You missed one key word. There are to many crappy guilds. The decent guilds are few and far between. I'm really looking forward to about three months after launch.

The grinders will have quit. Most of the crappy guilds will have quit. All of the guys who get destroyed in the first couple weeks will quit saying the game is shit (I'm looking at you KGB if you even have the balls to come back since you ran away after the first alpha) Most of the guilds left will be decent to above average. Always happens in every game.

3 plus months is where conquest games really start to shine with really competitive territory wars.
  • Dreadstar wrote:

You missed one key word. There are to many crappy guilds. The decent guilds are few and far between. I'm really looking forward to about three months after launch.

The grinders will have quit. Most of the crappy guilds will have quit. All of the guys who get destroyed in the first couple weeks will quit saying the game is shit (I'm looking at you KGB if you even have the balls to come back since you ran away after the first alpha) Most of the guilds left will be decent to above average. Always happens in every game.

3 plus months is where conquest games really start to shine with really competitive territory wars.
    Woooow bro look like you are on fire ,just wondering who is KGB?
  • You know who I'm talking about. Those guilds who show up in Alphas and Betas and have a few successes then come release when it's for real get rolled by better players and all of a sudden the game is shit and their on to the next alpha.

KBG is just the one I like poking fun at for doing it.
  • The KGB, The Knights of Glory and Beer stopped in during Spring 2014 alpha and in T2 gear, rolled in and took 20% of all guild territories on Day 1. Just what information I can provide! :)

Bonus points if you can tell me who The Empire was and where they went after Spring 2014 Alpha! :)
  • Dreadstar wrote:

You know who I'm talking about. Those guilds who show up in Alphas and Betas and have a few successes then come release when it's for real get rolled by better players and all of a sudden the game is shit and their on to the next alpha.

KBG is just the one I like poking fun at for doing it.
    I know how you feel had same of that in other games but I'm sure after the close beta is done just like you said, a lot of them guilds will be gone and few will be left , then world war 3 will start
  • As a result of testing, we've had many successful guilds with short term business models. These guilds do fine in short tests of 4 weeks, although many quit after week 2-3. But they will not have a sustainable model in the months and years after release. I think many of these guilds will fail during a 3 month beta.
    Flufferpope, OG AO since A1
  • FlufferPope wrote:

As a result of testing, we've had many successful guilds with short term business models. These guilds do fine in short tests of 4 weeks, although many quit after week 2-3. But they will not have a sustainable model in the months and years after release. I think many of these guilds will fail during a 3 month beta.
    true , well I just hope the best for all of them but only in the battlefield the best will survive
  • Zetecua wrote:

The KGB, The Knights of Glory and Beer stopped in during Spring 2014 alpha and in T2 gear, rolled in and took 20% of all guild territories on Day 1. Just what information I can provide! :)

Bonus points if you can tell me who The Empire was and where they went after Spring 2014 Alpha! :)
    For real????? Wow who are they? I want to fight them :evil: Were they still active in last summer
  • I don't believe the KGB returned after Spring 2014, as best as I can tell. Might be waiting for release, but uncertain.

Now for that bonus: As for the Empire, despite the many empires of Spring 2014 alpha (The Genesis Empire, The Glorious Facepunch Empire, The Empire, ... you get the idea), The Empire was a Russian guild. After Spring 2014 The Empire and Hammer and Sickle merged into a Combined Russian Hammer and Sickle, and to the best of my knowledge they have remained together since then.
  • Dreadstar wrote:

why would you want to fight them. They ran t2 dudes out and claimed the spots. Then lost them all over the next couple weeks and said the game was terribad and they were heading to the next alpha. Only time they win is when it's against nobody lol.
    Oh I must had understood it wrong, lol sorry but isn't it big achievement to take 20%of guild territory